Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

How come we never see any women teaching Church of Christ doctrine? They're not being in churches and having to be silent. When do Johnny and gang let their women out of the kitchen and be on their TV show?

Is Mrs. Paden ashamed of her husband?

Is Mrs. Robertson ashamed of Johnny?

Will Chay Robertson come on TV and admit her indiscretions?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Why did Micah Robertson's fiance break up with him? She should come on TV and tell everyone why she didn't want to be married to gospel preacher Micah and into his family.
Whitman

Stuart, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not make this.
Who did?
You like my Blog Pogo?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Johnny calls himself a gospel preacher and evangelist and not a pastor. He said he's here to start churches without him running them.

He has been here for 15 years. How many churches has he started? How many is he running?

We know Martinsville and Danville Churches of Christ would dry up and disappear as soon as Johnny and James left.

Doesn't sound like their evangelizing has been successful.

How many baptisms have been at Johnny's tent this year? If none then more proof that Johnny's name is mud in the community and nobody takes him serious.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Olethros wrote:
Johnny calls himself a gospel preacher and evangelist and not a pastor. He said he's here to start churches without him running them.
He has been here for 15 years. How many churches has he started? How many is he running?
We know Martinsville and Danville Churches of Christ would dry up and disappear as soon as Johnny and James left.
Doesn't sound like their evangelizing has been successful.
How many baptisms have been at Johnny's tent this year? If none then more proof that Johnny's name is mud in the community and nobody takes him serious.
It's obvious you take him very seriously and are obsessed with Mr. Robertson and his family. I just don't understand such animosity against someone you can get rid of with the click of a remote. Maybe you should get a Roku device and Netflix to take your mind off Mr. Robertson or just go out for a walk.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Heath, are you still believing that same old lie?
Apparently so. Heath and the catholic boys gonna fight it out about the one true original church, but Heath doesn't have the history and the RCC doesn't have Christ. Both lose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you take him very seriously and are obsessed with Mr. Robertson and his family. I just don't understand such animosity against someone you can get rid of with the click of a remote. Maybe you should get a Roku device and Netflix to take your mind off Mr. Robertson or just go out for a walk.
It's obvious you follow Robertson. Are you Mark Mcminnis?

Danville and Martinsville would be a better place to live and have business if Johnny Robertson, James Oldfield and the perverts at Star News would shut down.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Whitman wrote:
<quoted text>You like my Blog Pogo?
Me

Pogo

;)
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

So how did this big bad tent meeting go? Heath tell those big bad denoms where to go? Tell them all about baptism, the Lords Supper, and musical instruments did we?

I've gotta come back home from vacation that way later this week. Is the interstates still standing? I was ready Monday night but I didn't feel any earthquakes down here on the coast.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Im not sure why they even have the tent meetings. I have been in the past- its just a meeting where they slam on this group and that group. I don't have cable through Comcast so I'm not aware of any tent meeting accept for what Shawn said. I didn't feel the ground shaking either ;-) ...
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
Im not sure why they even have the tent meetings. I have been in the past- its just a meeting where they slam on this group and that group. I don't have cable through Comcast so I'm not aware of any tent meeting accept for what Shawn said. I didn't feel the ground shaking either ;-)...
It's all about money. They need something to get their supporters excited about.
Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently so. Heath and the catholic boys gonna fight it out about the one true original church, but Heath doesn't have the history and the RCC doesn't have Christ. Both lose.
The COC? Never really heard of them much until this forum. Just another non-Catholic Christian ecleisial community. A protestant is a protestant, all 40,000 Churches.

Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of God in Christ. Same thing right?

Make up what you want to believe.

Mike Peterson

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

JesusCreed wrote:
Im not sure why they even have the tent meetings. I have been in the past- its just a meeting where they slam on this group and that group. I don't have cable through Comcast so I'm not aware of any tent meeting accept for what Shawn said. I didn't feel the ground shaking either ;-)...
I thought Protestants thought that's how the NT Christians worshiped, in a tent.

Tents are big deal. More holy than their church buildings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about money. They need something to get their supporters excited about.
You may be right- it may be about money and attracting the attention of supporters. I went to a few [maybe more] coc tent meetings and every single time the focus was on other groups who were not “right.” They seemed to have overlooked their own faults and disagreements. I guess its an ego boost when you can put the spotlight on others while hiding in the dark the disagreements within the coc. Sort of reminds me of the Pharisees.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Thanks for all the posts.

Keep it up.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

You are welcome. Lol.

Are you thinking that our “keeping this thread fresh” will accomplish something for you? Its not going to bring any more people out to your tent. Most on here probably have no idea where you even have a tent set up. I sure don’t and really don’t care. I’ve been in the past- its just a meeting where you guys get together to slam on them awful bad denominational Churches. After all, the church of Christ never disagree on things- one mind in unity always- NOT. Anyways, we all don’t mind keeping this thread fresh.
Walkinginlove

Danville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Heath have you met with your elders to plan the sale of your man made temple yet to avoid the law suits over gay marriage?

Gay marriage is the law of the land they just haven't declared it yet completely, when that happens all God fearing practicing bodies will have law suits to force them into allowing the use of their man made temples to perform government sponsored same sex coupling.

So are you ready Heath?
Bobby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Walkinginlove wrote:
Heath have you met with your elders to plan the sale of your man made temple yet to avoid the law suits over gay marriage?
Gay marriage is the law of the land they just haven't declared it yet completely, when that happens all God fearing practicing bodies will have law suits to force them into allowing the use of their man made temples to perform government sponsored same sex coupling.
So are you ready Heath?
I have been thinking the same thing...
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
The COC? Never really heard of them much until this forum. Just another non-Catholic Christian ecleisial community. A protestant is a protestant, all 40,000 Churches.
Church of Christ, Church of God, Church of God in Christ. Same thing right?
Make up what you want to believe.
Catholicism has nothing to do with or add to this conversation or any spiritual conversation.
Dave P

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been thinking the same thing...
Yup I am ready. Probably insulated a little more due to geography. It's coming though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peter was not a Pope 3 hr Mike_Peterson 35
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie 3 hr Mike_Peterson 16
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) 3 hr Mike_Peterson 70
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church 3 hr Mike_Peterson 28
Chosen by God 9 hr Roman Catholic Sproul 37
Catholic Priest cannot forgive sins 9 hr Mike_Peterson 6
Mary is not Co-Redeemer 13 hr Calvins Corner 15
•••
•••