tent meeting 2013

Posted in the Martinsville Forum

Comments (Page 15)

Showing posts 281 - 300 of304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#289
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>I pray for the dead. I also ask the dead to pray for me. We know the Saints and Mary are alive in Heaven.

2 Maccabees 12:43-46

43 He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view;

44 for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death.

45 But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought.

46 Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.
Proverbs 14:8 The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his way, but the folly of fools is deceit.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#290
Oct 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you pray to the dead today?
Did you put flowers on Daniel Sommer's grave today?

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#291
Oct 25, 2013
 
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>Did you put flowers on Daniel Sommer's grave today?
Nope, don't even know where he's buried.

Thanks for asking.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#292
Oct 28, 2013
 
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the issue WIL is talking about.
What if he was baptized in Christ name and yes that is the same issue.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#293
Oct 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Scripture clearly shows that only one baptism exists, in the authority of Jesus name. That there is only one time that Christ is crucified to ourselves personally through immersion.

How is it that we somehow believe that Jesus authority over baptism is invalidated because of some knowledge we need to have?

So if someone were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ there is no reason to re-baptize them unless you consider Jesus authority subservient to something man made.

Your man made properly baptized based on knowledge by twisting Acts 19 will not clear you of violating scripture.

*These are WIL'S comments JC. His point is crystal clear- he is addressing the idea that many coc have, that is, if one is not baptized with the express knowledge that it is "FOR" remission of sins; reception of the Spirit; salvation, etc. then it is not effective and the person should be rebaptized.

He is correct. There is no Biblical example of anyone being rebaptized because of anything else, except being baptized with John's baptism.

Heath didn't answer the bell on WIL's comment. How about answering it- without redirecting to a side issue?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#294
Oct 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, don't even know where he's buried.
Thanks for asking.
Daniel Sommer is buried in the Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, Indiana. Traveling On I-65 North Out Of Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Take The Dr. Martin Luther King Street Exit - Exit 117.(Note: If you cross White River, You Have Gone Too Far) Go North On Dr. Martin Luther King Street. Turn Right On West 32nd Street. Cemetery Will Be On Your Left. Go Until The Road Dead Ends Into Boulevard And Turn Left. There Will Be An Entrance To The Cemetery As You Cross The 34th Street Intersection. Turn Left Into The Cemetery. Go To The First Right, And Then The First Right Again. Follow The Road As It Curves Around To The Left (Section 39 Should Be On Your Left And Section 114 Should Be On Your Right.) You Will Come Into An Intersection At The North End Of Section 39. Look To Your Right For Section 41. Summer Will Be Buried In This Section.
Mike Peterson

Madison, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#295
Oct 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave P wrote:
Scripture clearly shows that only one baptism exists, in the authority of Jesus name. That there is only one time that Christ is crucified to ourselves personally through immersion.
How is it that we somehow believe that Jesus authority over baptism is invalidated because of some knowledge we need to have?
So if someone were baptized in the name of Jesus Christ there is no reason to re-baptize them unless you consider Jesus authority subservient to something man made.
Your man made properly baptized based on knowledge by twisting Acts 19 will not clear you of violating scripture.
*These are WIL'S comments JC. His point is crystal clear- he is addressing the idea that many coc have, that is, if one is not baptized with the express knowledge that it is "FOR" remission of sins; reception of the Spirit; salvation, etc. then it is not effective and the person should be rebaptized.
He is correct. There is no Biblical example of anyone being rebaptized because of anything else, except being baptized with John's baptism.
Heath didn't answer the bell on WIL's comment. How about answering it- without redirecting to a side issue?
For 1800 years, until the invention of low end Prots, almost all Christians including Protesters baptized infants proving that one does not need to know.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#296
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
Daniel Sommer is buried in the Crown Hill Cemetery, Indianapolis, Indiana. Traveling On I-65 North Out Of Downtown Indianapolis, Indiana Take The Dr. Martin Luther King Street Exit - Exit 117.(Note: If you cross White River, You Have Gone Too Far) Go North On Dr. Martin Luther King Street. Turn Right On West 32nd Street. Cemetery Will Be On Your Left. Go Until The Road Dead Ends Into Boulevard And Turn Left. There Will Be An Entrance To The Cemetery As You Cross The 34th Street Intersection. Turn Left Into The Cemetery. Go To The First Right, And Then The First Right Again. Follow The Road As It Curves Around To The Left (Section 39 Should Be On Your Left And Section 114 Should Be On Your Right.) You Will Come Into An Intersection At The North End Of Section 39. Look To Your Right For Section 41. Summer Will Be Buried In This Section.
This is too funny you seem to know alot about this person (man) and his teaching. You left this teaching I suppose to come to another Mans (POPE) teaching. I would suggest you go to the bible and not any man whether this sommer or pope boy.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#297
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny you seem to know alot about this person (man) and his teaching. You left this teaching I suppose to come to another Mans (POPE) teaching. I would suggest you go to the bible and not any man whether this sommer or pope boy.
I thought these directions were hysterical...reminded me of the confusion caused by 40,000+ prot denominations including your little one.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#298
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text> I would suggest you go to the bible and not any man whether this sommer or pope boy.
What about the billions of people who either could not read or cold not afford a Bible before the printing press in the 15th century?

SS is asinine.

What is pillar of Truth?

Not a boy like you.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#299
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>
This is too funny you seem to know alot about this person (man) and his teaching. You left this teaching I suppose to come to another Mans (POPE) teaching. I would suggest you go to the bible and not any man whether this sommer or pope boy.
It sounds lie someone who visits the grave of Daniel Sommer om a regular basis. Probably has some interesting conversations with Mr. Sommer when he visits.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#300
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
For 1800 years, until the invention of low end Prots, almost all Christians including Protesters baptized infants proving that one does not need to know.
So you baptize them but do not allow them to partake in communion. I take you don't need to know anything to be baptized. Must not be of any great importance in your church. Communion is much more serious I see. Do you have to be 18 years old in the Catholic church?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#301
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>So you baptize them but do not allow them to partake in communion. I take you don't need to know anything to be baptized. Must not be of any great importance in your church. Communion is much more serious I see. Do you have to be 18 years old in the Catholic church?
You Sprouls have some catching up to do...prot preacher in Charlotte is building a 16,000 sq. ft house.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#302
Oct 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You Sprouls have some catching up to do...prot preacher in Charlotte is building a 16,000 sq. ft house.
I am afraid he is just a Catholic wannabe. The Pope will probably anoint him any day now.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#304
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>So you baptize them but do not allow them to partake in communion. I take you don't need to know anything to be baptized. Must not be of any great importance in your church. Communion is much more serious I see. Do you have to be 18 years old in the Catholic church?
It is part of Canon Law which can be changed.

If the Church changed its teaching on that to give communion to infants it would be no problems with me.

At some point, still, the child would have to start confessing sins before receiving communion.

However for now.

"Though it is true that a baptized infant is most pure and is truly united to the Church through the theological virtues, yet it is not proper to give him Communion because he has no devotion for the Sacrament. The graces of the Eucharist benefit the soul in this life only in proportion to the devotion with which one receives the Sacrament."

I think children receive their fist communion around 7 after their first confession and after proper education.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#305
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is part of Canon Law which can be changed.
If the Church changed its teaching on that to give communion to infants it would be no problems with me.
At some point, still, the child would have to start confessing sins before receiving communion.
However for now.
"Though it is true that a baptized infant is most pure and is truly united to the Church through the theological virtues, yet it is not proper to give him Communion because he has no devotion for the Sacrament. The graces of the Eucharist benefit the soul in this life only in proportion to the devotion with which one receives the Sacrament."
I think children receive their fist communion around 7 after their first confession and after proper education.
You are absolutely correct. Besides every baby pukes sooner or later.
William

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#306
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct. Besides every baby pukes sooner or later.
I've seen plenty of grown men do it too. All over a windscreen.

Makes for an unpleasant ride.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#307
Oct 30, 2013
 
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the billions of people who either could not read or cold not afford a Bible before the printing press in the 15th century?
SS is asinine.
What is pillar of Truth?
Not a boy like you.
Your right Im not the pillar of Truth and neither is your Pope. Good point. The word of God is the pillar not man or this RCC you call perfect.
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#308
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the billions of people who either could not read or cold not afford a Bible before the printing press in the 15th century?
SS is asinine.
What is pillar of Truth?
Not a boy like you.
I'm doing some scriptural investigation of my own. Do you know where I see that each individual is to have a copy of their own scriptures, make up his own interpretation, or begin his own doctrine or start his own church because he disagrees with someone else?

Nowhere.

Even the "noble Bereans" didn't have their own copies of the scripture. They went into the synagogues to examine them, according to the Bible text. The NT never tells us to study our scriptures daily- the preacher is commanded to study to show himself approved. In that day and time Biblical knowledge was given by teaching from the leaders of the churches, not going home and reading and studying for ourselves.

The "one man, one interpretation" idea is asinine. Look at the religious confusion. I do believe in some senses "sola scriptura" is responsible. When Average Joe says, "this is what I think it says, and I'm gonna start my own church", then God given authority (the church, evangelists, apostles, pastors, etc) is rejected for "the Bible and me". Open rebellion. The same thing happens when Average Joe disagrees with his preacher and goes somewhere else.

Mike and Mark, I still have problems with some catholic doctrines. I disagree with much about it. But, if we are being truthful, catholicism makes a better case for it's ideas than any prot or restoration group out there. And much of what most of us have been taught about a lot of stuff is flat out wrong.

*Thought question for everyone- is all men having a copy of the scriptures to study for himself, to guide himself, a blessing- or is it a curse? If we can truly "figure it out for ourselves", why is the church necessary?
Dave P

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#309
Oct 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Your right Im not the pillar of Truth and neither is your Pope. Good point. The word of God is the pillar not man or this RCC you call perfect.
JC, the Bible says the church is the pillar of truth. The word is truth, but the church is the pillar and ground of it. They are correct in the terminology.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 300 of304
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Martinsville Forum right now

Search the Martinsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Peter was not a Pope 4 min Mike_Peterson 55
best free sexy chat!!!!! 24 min priyanka 5
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 1 hr Petsound 2,542
Transubstantiation is a Catholic lie Sat Mike_Peterson 16
Sola Scriptura (Jun '13) Sat Mike_Peterson 70
Origin of the Roman Catholic Church Sat Mike_Peterson 28
Chosen by God Fri Roman Catholic Sproul 37
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Martinsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinsville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••