Proud Catholic

Birmingham, AL

#248 Oct 15, 2013
Olethros wrote:
Looks like too much mess being made out of something so easy as getting dunked in water. I've never read any scripture that says without getting dunked a person is in trouble. According to some it sounds like its not just that but even the dunking has to be "correct"
This is legalism. It's not Christianity.
Pretty important Sacrament. All other Sacraments flow from this one. Baptism saves you.

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#249 Oct 15, 2013
Proud Catholic wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty important Sacrament. All other Sacraments flow from this one. Baptism saves you.

Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him."
Not baptism only

Mark 16:16

www.roysecitycoc.org

Location hidden

#250 Oct 15, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>Just like you Sommer guys!
Never meet a Sommer.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#251 Oct 15, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never meet a Sommer.
Daniel Sommer died in 1940 but his infamous legacy lives on in men like you.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#252 Oct 15, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not baptism only
Mark 16:16
www.roysecitycoc.org
As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5-8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9-10, 1 Cor. 3:12-15). Like the apostle Paul, I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11-13).
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#253 Oct 15, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never meet a Sommer.
Probably not but he is he "father" of your congregation and doctrine.
Dave P

Cleveland, GA

#254 Oct 15, 2013
JesusCreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Their only defense is to appeal to Acts 19 which has nothing to do with rebaptizing “for remission of sins”
Agree sir. Probably hear more crickets about this one too.

Location hidden

#255 Oct 16, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>Probably not but he is he "father" of your congregation and doctrine.
Nope.

Try again.

I know you want us down on your denominational level. It's a comforting to think of us that way. Less challenging for you.

Location hidden

#256 Oct 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Try again.
I know you want us down on your denominational level. It's a comforting to think of us that way. Less challenging for you.
I get confused. Are you from the Church of God, Church of Christ , or the Church of God in Christ. Not really any difference is there?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#257 Oct 16, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
I get confused. Are you from the Church of God, Church of Christ , or the Church of God in Christ. Not really any difference is there?
Im confused is the Catholic religion believe on is in the body (church)? If so how?
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#258 Oct 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Try again.
Yes I'm on a denominational level. It's called a non-instrumental church of Christ- just like the one you preach at.
Dave P

Dahlonega, GA

#259 Oct 16, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Try again.
If other churches of Christ are "brothers in error"- your exact words to Bobby- then that means that there is division in the coc. Which makes the term denomination fit exactly with us. You surely don't agree with the instrumental coc in the northern states do you? Even though the heritage is the same? Why is there such a division btw? Who really pushed for it?

Location hidden

#260 Oct 16, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>Im confused is the Catholic religion believe on is in the body (church)? If so how?
You shouldn't be. What the Church has taught is 2000 years old and everything is online.

Your belief is what some men taught you when you were young. What does the Bible say about putting away childish things?

Location hidden

#262 Oct 16, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be. What the Church has taught is 2000 years old and everything is online.
Your belief is what some men taught you when you were young. What does the Bible say about putting away childish things?
It says put away childish things, but says for the older to teach the younger for the father (earthly) to teach the son, and the childish things are not teachings from your parents. Might want to read that.

Location hidden

#263 Oct 16, 2013
JustChristian wrote:
<quoted text>It says put away childish things, but says for the older to teach the younger for the father (earthly) to teach the son, and the childish things are not teachings from your parents. Might want to read that.
Once again. Who taught your parents. For example your parents told you that the COC was the 1st century church. That is a lie because there is exactly no proof in history that exists to prove that. Your parents lied to you because their parents lied to them

Is that what the Bible is saying. Not matter what your parents teach you, believe it.

Put away your childish beliefs and learn the truth.

Location hidden

#264 Oct 16, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again. Who taught your parents. For example your parents told you that the COC was the 1st century church. That is a lie because there is exactly no proof in history that exists to prove that. Your parents lied to you because their parents lied to them
Is that what the Bible is saying. Not matter what your parents teach you, believe it.
Lets see I quess their parents I think they had such unless the bible lies about that. They taught me there is a body of believers not governed by Man or a Pope but By the God of the most high whom deserves to have our all or first fruits, whom desires to be re-united with each soul and desire that we fall not for the deceiver or his schemes. They taught there is only one way back to the creator of my soul and that is the Christ not a man or woman. They taught me that to fear not man but the one whom can destroy both body and soul. They taught me there is right and wrong and I am responsible for choices I make. They taught me to follow whatever I desire but to understand the blessings and curse of those decisions. They taught me that building that are fancy are nothing but the church of my savior is everything and it is not made with Hands.

Now remind me what did your priest and the RCC teach you?

Location hidden

#265 Oct 16, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way how can I learn the truth from you when it contradicts what the bible say is truth?

Location hidden

#266 Oct 16, 2013
" They taught me there is right and wrong and I am responsible for choices I make. They taught me to follow whatever I desire but to understand the blessings and curse of those decisions."

At least they taught you this.

The rest is their personal interpretation of a Catholic book which is a dime a dozen.

Location hidden

#267 Oct 16, 2013
Mike_Peterson wrote:
" They taught me there is right and wrong and I am responsible for choices I make. They taught me to follow whatever I desire but to understand the blessings and curse of those decisions."
At least they taught you this.
The rest is their personal interpretation of a Catholic book which is a dime a dozen.
Personal interpretation of choosing to come to God through Christ alone. Do you desire scripture reference for that? Oh yeah They taught me the word of God that was at one time through prophecy but now written by the Holy Spirit is the guide in life. Now remind us what your priest taught you?

Location hidden

#268 Oct 16, 2013
Dave P wrote:
<quoted text>If other churches of Christ are "brothers in error"- your exact words to Bobby- then that means that there is division in the coc. Which makes the term denomination fit exactly with us. You surely don't agree with the instrumental coc in the northern states do you? Even though the heritage is the same? Why is there such a division btw? Who really pushed for it?
False

Try again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dr.joel smithers (Sep '16) Sep '17 Lurliec 5
Jessica Griffith Star News Personality Arrested... (Jul '11) Jul '17 Jay Kendricks 9
Why They Left: Listening to Those Who Have Left... (May '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 48
How many of the 10 commandments have you broken? (Feb '12) Jul '17 Barmsweb 151
Johnny Robertson, when were you baptized? (Apr '15) Jun '17 Sig Fife 20
Looking Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 1
i want to be Christian.can i ? (May '15) Jun '17 Captain Hotdog 10

Martinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages