Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#496 Nov 22, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
They can't. They want it to be there. So they throw out diversions.
Give us the name of one person who wants "it to be there." While I'm waiting I will once again give you the names of the founders of the miserable little denomination which has the temerity to call itself the Church of Christ: Alexander Campbell and Daniel Sommer.
Barnsweb

Canton, OH

#497 Nov 24, 2013
Mark, no number of naming persons can obscure the gross sins of the Roman Church. How many people have the members in the Church of Christ burned at the stake or in caves because the Roman Church preaches paganized Christianity and to this day worship Zeus and Isis, whose statues they have pretended to veil as Jesus and Mary?

At least the CoC isn't paganism rewrap.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#499 Nov 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>Give us the name of one person who wants "it to be there." While I'm waiting I will once again give you the names of the founders of the miserable little denomination which has the temerity to call itself the Church of Christ: Alexander Campbell and Daniel Sommer.
http://www.padfield.com/1996/campbell.html

Reality

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#500 Nov 24, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
Reality? You crack me up! The Catholic Church was already over 1,500 years old by the time your little denomination which calls itself the Church of Christ came on the scene.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#501 Nov 24, 2013
Barnsweb wrote:
Mark, no number of naming persons can obscure the gross sins of the Roman Church. How many people have the members in the Church of Christ burned at the stake or in caves because the Roman Church preaches paganized Christianity and to this day worship Zeus and Isis, whose statues they have pretended to veil as Jesus and Mary?
At least the CoC isn't paganism rewrap.
You have completely lost it.

I did like the Zeus and Isis parade at Mardis Gras, but haven't been there in 30 years.

Read some history. Without the CC you would have no Bible and you would probably be Muslim.

Kyrie Eleison.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#502 Nov 24, 2013
Did the denomination calling itself the Church of Christ send Augustine to England in AD 595?

Did the denomination calling itself the Church of Christ begin building Durham Cathedral in AD 1093?

Did the denomination calling itself the Church of Christ pay Giotto di Bondone to paint the Arena Chapel in AD 1305?

Did the denomination calling itself the Church of Christ pay Michelangelo to carve the Pieta in AD 1498?

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#503 Nov 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>Reality? You crack me up! The Catholic Church was already over 1,500 years old by the time your little denomination which calls itself the Church of Christ came on the scene.
"little"

Luke 12:32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

www.roysecitycoc.org

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#504 Nov 24, 2013

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#505 Nov 24, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
<quoted text>
"little"
Luke 12:32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
www.roysecitycoc.org
It takes an electron microscope to find the denomination which calls itself the Church of Christ in world history.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#506 Nov 24, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
http://www.apologeticspress.or g/apcontent.aspx?category=11 &article=2709
Infant baptism
So what? Your Sproul Catholic bashing comrades even give them communion.
Roman Catholic Sproul

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#507 Nov 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Your Sproul Catholic bashing comrades even give them communion.
The early church practiced it as did the Roman Catholic Church at one time.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#508 Nov 24, 2013
Roman Catholic Sproul wrote:
<quoted text>The early church practiced it as did the Roman Catholic Church at one time.
The early Church also practiced adult nude baptisms and those being baptized were rubbed all over with oil. Sprouls do that too or are you saving that for the orgy room on the Alaska Paedocommunionist Study Cruise???
Annoying Proxy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#509 Nov 24, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Church also practiced adult nude baptisms and those being baptized were rubbed all over with oil. Sprouls do that too or are you saving that for the orgy room on the Alaska Paedocommunionist Study Cruise???
That is a disputed fact. I have read that some claim nude baptism but hear of no one claiming immersion or sprinkling of oil or of what sounds like more of an oil massage. I do have an idea of where this practice may have originated if it is in fact true. I think it could have originated with the Catholic priests when they were baptizing altar boys.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#511 Nov 25, 2013
HEATH - 72 wrote:
http://www.apologeticspress.or g/apcontent.aspx?category=11 &article=2709
Infant baptism
Has anyone noticed how the Catholic bashers often accuse the Catholic Church of suppressing scientific inquiry and empirical knowledge by bringing up Galileo, Copernicus etc.? Here we have been given a link to the young earth crowd from the denomination calling itself the church of Christ. What's with that lower case "c" anyway?

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#512 Nov 25, 2013
I love history.

About Galileo. He was the Pope's buddy. The Church was his sole means of support to do scientific discovery.

He came up with a 'theory' that the universe did not revolve around the earth. It was a theory and Church praised him for that. He wanted to publish his discovery as a fact. The Church since she was paying for all this, said don't do that yet, it is just a theory, had not been tested by anybody esle, and it affects some theology that was believed since before Jesus.

He disobeyed the Church , and his boss, and wrote a novel with his discovery and used fake names for him and the Church.

He was punished if you call it that. He was under a loose house arrest, was taken care of financially, allowed to continue to do experiments and never once denounced the Church. His sister, who was a Nun, remained a Nun until she died.

His theory after all of this was completely wrong. He claimed the universe revolved around the Sun.
William

Birmingham, AL

#513 Nov 25, 2013
Again with Galileo and the RCC? Here, let me help you:

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/01/world/vatic...

What chapter is "Revisionist History" outlined in the CCC?
William

Birmingham, AL

#514 Nov 25, 2013
"Though the Pope acknowledged that the Church had done Galileo a wrong, he said the 17th-century theologians were working with the knowledge available to them at the time."

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Classic.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#515 Nov 25, 2013
William wrote:
Again with Galileo and the RCC? Here, let me help you:
http://www.nytimes.com/1992/11/01/world/vatic...
What chapter is "Revisionist History" outlined in the CCC?
Why don't you find something from the Guardian too?
William

Birmingham, AL

#516 Nov 25, 2013
MarkEden wrote:
Why don't you find something from the Guardian too?
I know right!
Annoying Catholic Proxy

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#517 Nov 25, 2013
William wrote:
"Though the Pope acknowledged that the Church had done Galileo a wrong, he said the 17th-century theologians were working with the knowledge available to them at the time."

Classic.
" he said the 17th-century theologians were working with the knowledge available to them at the time."

WE CREATED THE BIBLE,WE HAVE THE TRUTH,YEEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW WERE INFALLIBLE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catholics (Feb '14) 10 min Mike_Peterson 2,147
COMING TO TOWN, looking for "the big bad wolf"... 1 hr HEATH - 72 31
Did the Second Coming of Jesus Occur A.D. 70 3 hr William 160
Resurrection of the righteous and wicked 4 hr Mike_Peterson 24
Lord's Supper "do this till I come” 14 hr Axel Reid 6
everlasting earth? 18 hr HEATH - 72 2
Johnny Robertson has hurt the church of Christ Sun Judas Priest 7
More from around the web

Martinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]