Alleged Police Abuse: Police Use Stun...

Alleged Police Abuse: Police Use Stun Gun on 10 Year-old Boy at...

There are 16 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Apr 6, 2010, titled Alleged Police Abuse: Police Use Stun Gun on 10 Year-old Boy at.... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

One officer called to a home day care to help control an unruly 10-year-old used a stun gun on the boy and another slapped him in the face when he wouldn't listen to them, a central Indiana chief police said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

norm

North Ridgeville, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2010
come on thats a gimmie i dont think it was ment for children either and let some guy slap my child repercushion is a asz whooping badge or not...abuse abuse abuse the system i hate when i read this stuff above the law come on 10 years old 94lbs how weak are they stun is a use of force liability and the next one is deadly force think god they had that turn up huhh? what was the purpose of the slapping though??????
Luckymom1989

Cleveland, OH

#2 Apr 6, 2010
This kid got exactly what he deserved. It's probably the first time he's had to face a consequence for behavior that is clearly inappropriate for a child of that age.
Gina

Lorain, OH

#3 Apr 6, 2010
if any of us as parents had done this we would be in jail...no questions asked!
clevelander

Cleveland, OH

#4 Apr 7, 2010
wow, how bad was this kid acting out that police needed to be called. why did the daycare not call the parents. if the child was acting out so bad that police intervention was needed my question is what is happening to the the kid at home or at the daycare...who is abusing him?
V- Acquah

Cleveland, OH

#5 Apr 7, 2010
They could have restrained him took him to Juvenal,and called his parents,if the parents knew he was incorrigible why did they keep taking him to a day care that could not handle him,A Ten year old with that mind set could have hurt or even killed the day care provider! If the slap and the tazeing were necessary for two grown trained officers then they arnt fit to be officers.
V- Acquah

Cleveland, OH

#6 Apr 7, 2010
Parents and police were wrong...day care worker should not have excepted him back a second time!This child needs trained professionals not a regular day care!

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#7 Apr 7, 2010
I basically agree with all the above. I've been down this road before with one of my own. Clevelander also might be right. There might be some thing going on in the home/daycare, that needs to be looked into. Ten yr olds are also, what I call tweenagers. At that age, they are beginning to think they are too old for sitters/daycare. They are right, they are too old for sitters/daycare, and too young to left on their own. Sounds like this boy could do with some professional counseling, along with his parents. The sitter/daycare shouldn't take this boy back, because he does present danger to other smaller children in their charge. People have to remember the easiest part of having children is over as soon as the Doctor says congratulations, it's a_____!
Ohio

New York, NY

#8 Apr 7, 2010
Maybe if the parents and the day care and schools were allowed to spank the unrully brat the officers would never have gotten this case? Ya think. Hmmmm
Ohio

New York, NY

#9 Apr 7, 2010
Get ur heads out of your rumps It doesent hurt a child to have his or her little tush warmed up when they act out this means by Mommy and Daddy the schools and care takers and yes the police should be able to addminister a good old fashion tune up also when a child acts out correct it now because you can teach a child but when he grows up all u can do is put him in jail after he hurts someone because he didnt have his tushy smaked when he was young enough to learn there is a certain way to act in society and to be polite to others. you say oh bad police i say tazer ya to much hand applied to the back side in a repetative fashion would have been just fine and apply as needed!

Since: Oct 09

Akron, OH

#10 Apr 7, 2010
Sue in Barberton wrote:
I basically agree with all the above. I've been down this road before with one of my own. Clevelander also might be right. There might be some thing going on in the home/daycare, that needs to be looked into. Ten yr olds are also, what I call tweenagers. At that age, they are beginning to think they are too old for sitters/daycare. They are right, they are too old for sitters/daycare, and too young to left on their own. Sounds like this boy could do with some professional counseling, along with his parents. The sitter/daycare shouldn't take this boy back, because he does present danger to other smaller children in their charge. People have to remember the easiest part of having children is over as soon as the Doctor says congratulations, it's a_____!
I should have added that after the Dr says congratulations, parents are on a life time training program.
GGG

Medina, OH

#11 Apr 7, 2010
Police abuse as well as unprofessionalism on the Day Care's end.

If this boy showed in the past he was causing issues they couldn't deal with properly, they should have stopped taking him and referred the parents to other places that are trained to handle that.

The two cops have to be trained to take down grown men without lethal (yes, tasers can be lethal to some people) force, and they couldn't restrain a 10 year old boy? The need to not be on the force.
lucy Indiana

Martinsville, IN

#12 Apr 14, 2010
First off none of you really know what happened and that this kid a ward of the state. The foster mom who is keeping him owns that day care and called the police. This child has had to have people hold him down to try to keep him from hurting others. Many people that i'm not mentioning have told me stories and their experinces with this child. Yes this boy has had the cops called on him before and should not have even been allowed to be around other kids when they know he acts like this. The reason for the cop hitting him was because after they got him calmed down he was being mouthy with the officer and he hit which he had no right to do that was assault to a miner. Since the officer hit him the child flipped out again and went even more crazy which i would of to if a police officer smacked me. The other officer could not control him and for the safety of everyone there he warned the child that he would use the taser if needed. He brought the taser out to scary the kid and hope he wouldnt have to use it and the fact of pulling it out would scare him enough to get him to settle down. When that didnt happen the police officer used the taser for three seconds. After that the kid ws calm and the situation was under control.
realtor

United States

#13 Apr 16, 2010
clevelander wrote:
wow, how bad was this kid acting out that police needed to be called. why did the daycare not call the parents. if the child was acting out so bad that police intervention was needed my question is what is happening to the the kid at home or at the daycare...who is abusing him?
This child is said to have come from an abusive family and very troubled with many issues. The daycare is his foster home. The police had been called before and were very aware of the childs situation. It's a shame that these officers acted this way and should be relieved of duty with no pay and NO PENSION as I've heard one will be receiving. As a previous worker in the correctional system these officers should have had (& I'm sure they did but are maybe to out of shape to remember) defensive training and should have been able to restrain the 10 yr old with a simple manual hold. Just another stigma this small town has to face.
realtor

United States

#14 Apr 16, 2010
V- Acquah wrote:
They could have restrained him took him to Juvenal,and called his parents,if the parents knew he was incorrigible why did they keep taking him to a day care that could not handle him,A Ten year old with that mind set could have hurt or even killed the day care provider! If the slap and the tazeing were necessary for two grown trained officers then they arnt fit to be officers.

The officers were way out of control but, the daycare provider is the childs foster parent. They are trying to give him a better life and work with him to get past his abusive past. And your right they aren't fit to be officers. THere are several in this town that are taze happy.
cleveland chris - 81

United States

#15 Apr 20, 2010
Sue in Barberton wrote:
Your a mental case a 10 yr old is not a tweenager, If you knew how to count you would know 13-19 all end in teen , not 10 ,Go eat your fiber and prunes and join the Red Hat Society
hungy

United States

#16 Apr 21, 2010
I swear to GOD anybody i mean anybody do that to one of my kids & i will shoot your gawd dam heads off!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) Jul '15 archy 18
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Martinsville, IN (Jun '13) Jun '15 Mama D 6
"gay" marriage is WRONG and SICK! (Oct '14) Jun '15 karma pd 9
News When The KKK Was Mainstream Jun '15 Go Blue Forever 13
tiffany cooney Jun '15 brown co native 1
jobs that hire felons (Jul '14) May '15 knows 3
Drug Bust Nets 14 Arrests, Including Some From ... Apr '15 crazy 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages