Morgan co. sheriff's son sentenced fo...

Morgan co. sheriff's son sentenced for arson

There are 36 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Morgan co. sheriff's son sentenced for arson. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dreyer & Reinbold Infiniti Great Lease Offers on the Infiniti FX35, G35x AWD and M35x AWD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Scorpio

United States

#25 Feb 5, 2008
I have a nagging feeling that had this been my son, or somebody elses son other than that of The Sheriff, that the plea-bargin would not have been as sweet or the sentence as light!

Morgan County Judges have always been great 'back scratchers'. Justice is served in disapropotion.
Mommy24

United States

#26 Feb 5, 2008
GrannyOf3 wrote:
<quoted text>True!!!! Would the story headline of been--- SON OF TRUCK DRIVE(OR ANY OTHER PROFESSION)???? If son is adult. Why did it read SHERIFFS SON SENTENCED??/
It's because society expects better of an officals child. It's kind of like everyone expects the childen of the preacher to never do any wrong. That's why they enphasize on him being the sheriffs son, the man who is to keep the law, his son breaks the law.

He also was reported to have set fire to his own truck for the insurance money simply because he wanted a newer one. Not to mention made many charges on a jail credit card, which he stole while working at the jail. Those are most likely among the charges that were dropped, this is all called "plea barganing" it's how the law works. And I really think he did all this because he is a spoiled rotten brat who has had everything handed to him. He set the buildings on fire because the owners had pissed him off, someone didnt give him his way.
geronimo

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Feb 5, 2008
Maybe he can ger transferred to Marion County to see the real world.
local

La Grange, IL

#28 Feb 5, 2008
Great how all the "Johnny Come Latelys" chime in on a topic they have no idea about. Pass judgemnet based on a few sentences they read on the internet, ignorance is truly bliss. However if you were really interested in concerning yourself with a private matter, you'd see that his father never tried to intervene and segregated himself from this. The only reason it was a topic of interest to those who find pleasure in others pain is due to the fact that his father is the Sheriff. Misery loves company, lets check your background!
Sull Bhit

Tyrone, PA

#29 Feb 5, 2008
WoW! Arson is a class B freakin' felony with a 10 year presump. Must have reduced it down to criminal mischef.
bob searcy

Euclid, OH

#30 Feb 5, 2008
Ben Franklin wrote:
What does it matter if his dad is the sheriff? He's an adult. This is just sensationalism by the Star.
dang ben.ray charles could see the connection..sheriffs son,slap on the wrist.very relevant
Unbelievable2

Auburn, IN

#31 Feb 5, 2008
Blayne wrote:
Robert Jake Garner pleaded guilty in September to five charges in a series of suspicious fires since 2001 in Morgan County, southwest of Indianapolis.
Spell check?
What are we spell checking?
LEROY MORTON

Sterling Heights, MI

#32 Feb 5, 2008
i guess you could say " he's got people "

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#33 Feb 5, 2008
Alyssa Ping wrote:
I hope his father will stop being such an ass. Not everyone is perfect. How you going to like your son behind bars that you can't control?
Don't you mean " a son you cannot control behind bars"? The bars cannot be c0ontrolled. No one is perfect however, the majority of people do not show their imperfections by committing felonies.

“God Bless America”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#34 Feb 5, 2008
Oops, should have been controlled.
spooky

Independence, KY

#35 Feb 5, 2008
stick him in general pop and let it be known right from the start that his dad is a sheriff. that will make him real popular in the joint. But with the overcrowding he probably won't even make it that far. he'll stay in the county(DOC holding facility) until he got 1 month left then go to RDC. 5 months in the county and 1 month RDC for arson. I'd say he got off pretty darn good. Someone should investigate the prosecutor and judge for crap like that. if he was joe blow off the street he would have got a lot more time.
spooky

Independence, KY

#36 Feb 5, 2008
local wrote:
Great how all the "Johnny Come Latelys" chime in on a topic they have no idea about. Pass judgemnet based on a few sentences they read on the internet, ignorance is truly bliss. However if you were really interested in concerning yourself with a private matter, you'd see that his father never tried to intervene and segregated himself from this. The only reason it was a topic of interest to those who find pleasure in others pain is due to the fact that his father is the Sheriff. Misery loves company, lets check your background!
I tell you what. you commit an arson, and see how many years you get compared to this jerkoff and then come back and say that crap you crony. everyone(prosecutor, ect) knew he was the sheriff's son, regardless if the sheriff tried to distance himself from the case or not, and the kid got off light.
truthfool

United States

#37 Feb 5, 2008
methinks arson by a citizen not connected merits a longer sentence.
truthfool

United States

#38 Feb 5, 2008
shut em down wrote:
Is that all the time he got for arson? someone could have been killed. Just because he is a sheriff's son dosen't mean he should have a leniant sentance. He should serve more time but i guess that is what you get when someone in your family is a prominent law enforcement offical. I wonder how much time Frank Anderson's kid would have gotten for arson.
Is offical like a bowel movement.
Butterfly

Atlanta, GA

#39 May 16, 2010
First, of all there were other people that were actually doing the arson. The idiots knew the Sheriff's son. They going around town telling people that they did it thinking that he wouldn't have gotten a huge sentence due to the fact that he was who he was. But of course no one is going to say anything about that because there were some police officers that were on the investigation team that didn't like the Sheriff. And the Sheriff didn't want to get involved because he was the Sheriff. Plus, there were tons of accounts that he had an alibi for over 50% of these arsons that were taking place. The guys that were doing it knew the Sheriff's son. But how funny it is that his life is now screwed up because of people not getting along and wanting to be dumbasses!
You know who

Mukilteo, WA

#41 Dec 5, 2012
And march 16, 2012 he hit someone on a wheel chair. This guy is absolutely wreckless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jun 25 Al Bion 38
Big beards Jun 16 Had to say it 1
Houses for rent Jun 11 Scat 1
Olen Lucas Jun 7 yes 1
Post removed about Cold Case (Sep '10) May '16 dmrw 21
Texas Corral May '16 Sitting On A Hill 2
Brian Williams running for judge again Apr '16 Treated terrible 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsville Mortgages