Jefferson Co. sheriff concerned about Job Corps center

Feb 6, 2008 Full story: Herald-Mail 47

Jefferson County Sheriff Everett "Ed" Boober said Wednesday he is concerned about operations at the Harpers Ferry Job Corps, and added there has been resistance from people in charge of the center during ... via Herald-Mail

Full Story
people kno - Dorm 1 RM

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Oct 3, 2008
my response on this whole sh*t. i went there too 2006-2008, and i snuck in the boys dorms/they came in mine. but like the person up top of me said, we never said that somebody raped us. I think that the gurl was lying. even though they found evidence it wasnt the right evidence. i started before all three of the boys, and they never tried anything with me. morale of this is look at all the facts first. and that i dont think the boys should have got in trouble
student and staff

Saint Leonard, MD

#22 Oct 5, 2008
Every one has somthing to say but the end result was they recently had a court day and the charges was dropped. Why cause the girl was lieing the entire time she was never raped. If she was really raped she would have shown up for the court date considering all the pain everybody went through just becasue she said she was raped.
abby

Brunswick, MD

#23 Oct 13, 2008
What r u talking about? This case was not dropped. It has not gone to trial yet. Go to the clerks office and find out. You are crazy.
student and staff

Saint Leonard, MD

#24 Oct 21, 2008
why do you think I know the case dropped. Unleess you are the girl or either one of the guys then how do you know?? When did you last check on the update of the case?
abby wrote:
What r u talking about? This case was not dropped. It has not gone to trial yet. Go to the clerks office and find out. You are crazy.
Heather

Williamson, WV

#25 Oct 23, 2008
Hey, I went to that center in dec. 06 and completed in oct. of 07 and i seen alot of things happen and when i went there another female called rape because she was a loose female and thats what these girls do and now im in another center in KY but at hfjcc a girl was cut and you know what this is life its a hell of alot worse outside the center and this is just a test for these younger kids and if they are not strong enough for this type of stuff well they might as well stay in their mommas house... today it's a fight or die type of world and we as young adults are the only ones who change the furture because it is ours... and only we have control...
concerned mom

Martinsburg, WV

#26 Nov 15, 2008
My daughter is thinking about going to this job corps site, is there something I should know? We went and talked to a counselor and she had nothing bad to say about Harpers Ferry, but it sounds like she left out a lot of stuff. My daughter has never been in any kinda trouble and is a very good person. She has already graduated high school and just wants to attend to get a trade. Can someone tell me the real deal. Do I have to be worried about her being there?
Concerned

Vancouver, WA

#27 Nov 15, 2008
I want to know if this case has been dropped or not?
I am sick of <RUSH TO JUDGEMENT>.I believe these boys are innocent.

Concerned Mom, I wouldnt send my daughter there, because it does not appear the police check anything out. The job corps may be safe, but I wouldnt trust!!!
Concerned

Vancouver, WA

#28 Nov 16, 2008
Concerned Mom,

How about hair school, chef school? There are many trades out there. Hair is the only job that held on during the depression. Women cut corners, however hair is not one of them.
1 post removed
Richard Nenigar

Saint Petersburg, FL

#30 Nov 22, 2008
yeah i put my full name on here cuz i dont give a shit who remebers me. when i wasa there in 96 alot of shit was goin on. its cool though u actually do get out of it what u put into it. theres def sex.. ok theres def marijuana.... ok i dont remember actually being forced intop either one of these though. yes i enjoyed both <chocalate tai> woot.
but before i left something strange happened everthing was cool one day then when the night came so did the violence. it became a race war .. somewhat of a riot u would say.. last i heard alot of us left and some were expelled but i did get my GED and some good job training.. so all i can say for anyone looking into this center... just watch who you trust and youll be fine.. and dont worry about getting caught with pot its openly sold and im almost sure some of the officials help bring it in.... and another thing its only a 45 min walkk to the mall behind the boys dorm through the corn....
Richard Nenigar

Saint Petersburg, FL

#31 Nov 22, 2008
and the police dont check anything out really because the US government doesnt give them the same permissions on govt controlled land.... theres somethin else to think about.
1 post removed
Ashley

Stephens City, VA

#33 Dec 8, 2008
I was a student there in Feb of 03 until June of 03 WHile there I was asked and cornered about 10 -12 times for sex from male and female students. I had seen and heard of gay sex acts taking place also of Lesbian sex acts taking place. There of course were people screwing left and right. I was 16 at the time I got involved with a 21 year old Dorm Counsler there and they kicked me out oh excuse me"graduated" me whe I became pregnant by him. Today is our son's 5th Birthday.... We of course have no contact what so ever... That place was the worst 4-5 months of my life... Drugs sex money and Music is all that goes on there. I was never in class I never did anything but take my little test I needed to take and leave and go be with my then boyfriend... Other Staff knew and told us we need to make sure we keep it under wraps... when I returned to finish my test that November there was no Denying our involment.
james

Dover, DE

#34 Jan 27, 2009
i have one question? where is the safest job corp to attend?
Angel

Dyer, TN

#35 Dec 24, 2009
From my research...
there is not a safe Job Corps to attend...
Fiori

Muscatine, IA

#36 Mar 2, 2010
james wrote:
i have one question? where is the safest job corp to attend?
Well id suggest new england area or Dennison, Iowa. Either way id suggest you bulk up and use your head. I mean homosexuals are homosexuals their lives cant do nothing about it but dont cater to them cause their gay. on note who you stick your junk in or take it from thats your judgement call. At risk of sounding discriminate to the impoverished..they are poor and statistically speaking poor people well tend to breed more and contract more STDs and HIV. with the consideration that some of these women are poor and arent unfamiliar to hooking or drugs its logical to assume they will sell themselves and then try to put the bite the guy. Which is what I think happened to those guys awaiting trial(or if the case is closed whatever). They refused to pay and she cried wolf. think of it as an opportunity to further yourself and your situation and not that you are selling your soul to the federal government. Cause your not. As tot he best advice bulk up and have a plan and a plan to the plan and four different exit strategies per plan. so to sum it all up. use judgement, exercise a lot, and study a lot cause there is the possibility of getting your own quarters if you have the academics. Just keep your head down and dont party and dont tell people you have money or are broke cause it makes you a target for a loan shark or an extortionist and brings you unwanted attention from the wrong crowd.
newkid

Washington, DC

#37 Apr 5, 2010
i'm about to go to this job corp.. what should i be expecting being the new student and all?
newkid

Washington, DC

#38 Apr 5, 2010
people kno - Dorm 1 RM wrote:
my response on this whole sh*t. i went there too 2006-2008, and i snuck in the boys dorms/they came in mine. but like the person up top of me said, we never said that somebody raped us. I think that the gurl was lying. even though they found evidence it wasnt the right evidence. i started before all three of the boys, and they never tried anything with me. morale of this is look at all the facts first. and that i dont think the boys should have got in trouble
i'm about to go to this job corp.. what should i be expecting being the new student and all?
parent of former grad

Washington, DC

#39 Apr 6, 2010
My daughter had trouble with caucasin girls wanted to jump her and my daughter did not back down. I had to take her out of that high school and she went to HFJC and graduated and had a girlfriend to try and she graduated. I have been in the center on a few occasions and it is wild because you have kids whose parents dropped them off like a lost puppy with no thought of coming back,these kids are lonely,confuse,angry,hurt and some have juvenile records but there someone's kid. I am very happy that my daughter went there and graduated. The program is great, and the facility has my thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!
parent of former grad

Washington, DC

#40 Apr 6, 2010
I have two nephews that go to job corp also and I hope they are still in. They were high sch. drop outs and hanging in the streets. I hope they will finish because I know its hard but when you finish it is a great feeling that you have accomplish and your mind is ready for more. So dont judge and pass bad remarks because its different for everyone Whats good for one might not be good for another.
parent of former grad

Washington, DC

#41 Apr 6, 2010
To the new kid from D.C. I advise you to go and dont listen to all that crap. My daughter and her girlfriend graduated from there. Its wild like a dc school so you will be fine. I am born and raised in dc and graduated from crazy BALLOU so when you go be yourself and stay out of the jungle. Let nothing or no one hold you back this is a good move.
Just Wondering

Columbus, OH

#42 Feb 1, 2012
I would like to hear from a current student from 2010, 2011,2012. How is Happers Ferry really. Are there students that are focus and not involved in drugs and sex and fights? I wanted my son to go to the Woodland in Laurel, MD. I have heard good things about this job corp. My nephew attends there and he loves it. He has not been any fights, no dealing with drugs, or anything like that. He say the only thing that has really happen is the younger kids getting caught with there cell phones out when they arent suppose to have them out. He says they really help you with job placement. As a matter of fact, they have mini job fairs where the Armed forces come out and employeers. He also said when you need help with different subject, you can get help by certified teachers in that particular field in his words "old head" who are good with Math or scinecne etc. I don't know maybe he is one of the focus students. He really is working hard and staying out of trouble. Hapers ferry didn't have a waiting list that is why we chose it. I'm reading blogs and have not heard anything good about this job corp. If this is not a good job corp, which is? Old Diminon in VA was booked, Keystone in PA was booked and Woodland in Laurel. All of the ones I've heard good things about have a waiting list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda clark stripping 6 min -zapphod- 35
looking for lonely girls. (May '11) 10 min Mate 67
autism services center? 30 min RDT 24
Rahall-Jenkins House race remains tight 52 min Urthelaff 44
Cops at Beards funeral home 53 min not a kobefan 9
Sexual Harassment at SMMC 56 min not a kobefan 4
smmc peds dept 59 min not a kobefan 3
Martinsburg Dating
Find my Match

Martinsburg Jobs