Jefferson Co. sheriff concerned about Job Corps center

Feb 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Herald-Mail

Jefferson County Sheriff Everett "Ed" Boober said Wednesday he is concerned about operations at the Harpers Ferry Job Corps, and added there has been resistance from people in charge of the center during ... via Herald-Mail

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tyger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

I attend the Harpers Ferry Job Corps. Center. I would never have thought this to happen in my life, This center is supposed to be the safest center. When I first arrived on center I made friends with each of the suspects in the cases I never would have thought any of these people would do what thwey did but you cant change the past.
former student

Gwynn Oak, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2008

Sheriff Boober Is correct for his concerns. There should be an investigation done on the Center director Doris Hall-James.
Nafesah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

Hi I'm currently enrolled in Harpers Ferry job corp and I would like to say that these newspaper people and the police are not really doing there job, if there is a case concerning rape/abuse and the investigators feel as though there are discrepincies then what they need is a lie detector test. the evidents proved NOTHING because think about it if a female agreed to enter the boys dorm knowing we are not allowed in them because of a situation like this then it was her choice to climb through a window with three boys, She says it was to purchase drugs did any of these boys have drugs on them at the time of the arrest? Was anyone on drugs at the time of the arrest NO so that's one lie, the so -called "bruises" on her neck were passion marks from her boyfriend and the only reason why she lied about this story is because her boyfriend broke up with her because she was being a whore and having sex with other males on center. They aren't the first males that she lied on. What you all need is a LIE DETECTOR TEST why isn't that in the picture, but no the authorities want to charge three black males from "inner city's" like they said 15-25 years in jail for something they did not do. Thank you please look into getting them a lie detector test.
Maureen

Brunswick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

I am sorry I think you are mistaken. It has nothing to do with color.
Maureen

Brunswick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2008

Judged:

The girl says she was getting drugs. They didn't find drugs because it was hours before the police went there. They could have gotten rid of the drugs. I am sorry, but, no means no. Doesn't mean she knew why she was going there and so. NO MEANS NO!! I am guessing one of these boys is your boyfriend. Because you are really angry with the girl.
Tyger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2008

Judged:

Like I said I attend the center this occured on, and it does have alot of females. I can tell you numerous times that I wanted to pull them into the dorm and just go at it with them, but it was because I didn't know what they were going to afterward that I didn't go through with my plans. Too have three young males, two of which have probably not been in jail before experience a rape charge that's pitiful. I ask myself everynight why would she do that to them knowing that will follow them the rest of their lives. They have went to court on it already, atleast the eighteen year old one did. I wish I could have been there to watch her try to get her story srtaight, and or cry when she hit the court floor. I have come close to getting locked up, and I have been to court befor and I was terrified to be there. So I can only imagine how she felt to see him or them standing there in those orange suits, all of them looking mad, angry, and a load of discontentment. The feelings and thoughts that ran through her head to have them in that predicament is a waste. She probably consented before there were no more condoms to be used but I'm not sure.
Nafesha

Pleasantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Judged:

Maureen wrote:
The girl says she was getting drugs. They didn't find drugs because it was hours before the police went there. They could have gotten rid of the drugs. I am sorry, but, no means no. Doesn't mean she knew why she was going there and so. NO MEANS NO!! I am guessing one of these boys is your boyfriend. Because you are really angry with the girl.
Yea your right no does mean no and when the police asked them did they rape her they said "NO" smart ass- I was there I know this girl she told me her family members raped her because she doens't know how to say no and to be in a confederate state and theses boys are from philly and D.C. the autorities are not going to give themany type of break. And for your concern no theseboys are not my boyfriednd because if they were there would of been another case of HOMOCIDE nut. I am angry because these boys were doing good with there life and about to be complete job corp when some little girl lies and tells the police that she's been raped. Even our rape abuse conselor said she thought she was liying because when she told her the girl wasn't crying, upset or anything she was a calm as she could be telling her that she got raped. Talk what you know and not whatyou hea! Thank you.
Jessica

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2008

Judged:

Now I attended Job Corp in 2006 and was don in May 2007. This is some serious shit going on........when i was there yeah we did some crazy shit like sneak into boys rooms and shit....but we never lied sayin we got raped we just dealt with the conscious and thats what she need to do. That center has been in questioning since i was there adn it has been under investigation since i was there, because a couple of boys beat up this white boy. So this shit right here ain't no surprise to me about this center and it will be a surprise if they shut it down because they were talkin about shutting it down since i was there. But its a shame whats happening up there. Mrs. Hall-James need to be fired cuz she don't never do her job, she always expected students to take care of the center. I hope the girl ain't nobody i know. The center is just gettin out of control. She had no right to do what she did
maureen

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2008

I am sure that the Counselor is going to tell students that she thought the girl was lying. WHATEVER! You weren't there! She was alone in the room with the boys no other witnesses. So, stop lying. The final say is the Judge and jury. It has nothing to do with the authorities. It doesn't matter if her family raped her or not. This is the crime that was committed here by these boys. She said no and they did what they what they wanted. End of story.
Nafesha wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea your right no does mean no and when the police asked them did they rape her they said "NO" smart ass- I was there I know this girl she told me her family members raped her because she doens't know how to say no and to be in a confederate state and theses boys are from philly and D.C. the autorities are not going to give themany type of break. And for your concern no theseboys are not my boyfriednd because if they were there would of been another case of HOMOCIDE nut. I am angry because these boys were doing good with there life and about to be complete job corp when some little girl lies and tells the police that she's been raped. Even our rape abuse conselor said she thought she was liying because when she told her the girl wasn't crying, upset or anything she was a calm as she could be telling her that she got raped. Talk what you know and not whatyou hea! Thank you.
Concerned Mom

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

My daughter is about to come to this facility. Should I be worried? She is very quiet and has just been through alot. We were at the admissions office yesterday and he made a comment that they just went through and got rid of anyone that had caused any kind of trouble. I'm wondering if this is why. What is this facility really like?
former student

Leonardtown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

I went to this school in 98 99 this always went on girls sneaking guys sneaking.I wasnt there so im not to judge but i think they should go back and see if this female has a history of lies and has she put this charges on others i seen a lot of females change their story for boyfriends and just for the sake of them not looking bad. like i said i wasnt there but she had to go inside with three guys to get drugs that was the safest way they couldnt have passed it through the window met somewhere that was the only way.
former student

Leonardtown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2008

i went there i think the facility is what you make of it meaning she will get out of it what she puts into it its drugs and sex everywhere also its trades and other driven kids there to if im making any sense.
City

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

I was a student at the Harpers Ferry Job Corps my self, and yeh there were some pretty wild times, but i never paid no mind to the things that was goin on around me i was there for 1 reason and i succeeded and i left, but these females wanna be so cute and so cool....i find it real hard to believe that this female got raped its girls throwing themselves at these guys all day...matter of fact when i was enrolled there we had a situation jus like this but the guys had said or did something that the female didnt like and she got mad and told a counselor that she was raped and later when myself and another student approach her about it, kinda interrogating her she lied we ask her the same question twice she gave us 2 different answers and when she noticed that she was jus caught in a lie she jus came out with the truth....so before anyone go accusing anyone yall betta do some thorough research, get all the facts, clues, or wateva...and if she was worrying about education and progressin, and not drugs her dumbass wouldnt be in this situation..
If u ask me Ms.Hall James is the best wat all them hardheaded ass people up there what...she get big props cus i would have been lose my mind or hurt somebody....
City

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2008

Maureen wrote:
u have to had gone to this specific job corps to kno wat its about,
Jennifer

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I also went to this school. I went into the boys dorm, at night to see a boy. The problem was I jumped into the wrong window, and I got more than I thought I was going to get. But I didn't tell anyone bacause everyone there had girlfriends. I was the dumb ass for going over there in the first place.
north carolina

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I actually dated a teacher the entire time I was out there. How do I find people I went to school with out there. I'm trying to find Brian Galliott.
jenj19782003@yahoo.com
north carolina

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Some people are sent to that job corp, by court order. When I was there we had a riot, a fire and the cops were called. It was all in the papers. We were sprayed with pepper spray, and some were locked in their closets.
north carolina

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

I can't stand Mrs. Hall- James when I was there alot of stuff happened between me and a teacher. And when the center found out, she had me removed. Instead of the teacher. There were letters from him took from my room. I think she needs to be fired...
CLYDE

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, THATS IF YOU HAVE DONE WHAT IT TAKES TO RELEASE YOUR CHILD INTO THE UNCERTAIN YES THE MAIN OBJECTIVE IS FOR THE KIDS TO GET AN EDUCATION ,HOWEVER MOST KIDS ARE DISTRACTED BY OTHERS WHEN NOT AROUND MOMMY AND DADDY, AS FOR MRS HALL JAMES SHE SHARES EACH KIDS DREAMS AND THAT IS THAT THEY DON'T RETURN HOME WORSE OFF THEN WHEN THEY CAME TO HER , SHE SHARES THE DREAM THAT THESE MOSTLY UNDER PRIVILEDGE INNER CITY AND MOSTLY AFRO- AMERICAN KIDS ,COME FROM BROKEN HOMES OR THIER PARENTS COULD NOT SUCCESSFULLY GET THEM THREW HIGH SCHOOL. THAT THESE KIDS HAD SOME TYPE OF REVOLATION AND SHE IS GUIDED BY GOD TO GUIDE THEM TO A BETTER FUTURE.I PERSONALLY BELIEVE IN HER BELIEFS HOW EVER THIER ARE ALLWAYS AN BAD APPLE IN THE BUNCH, SO WHAT DO WE DO ALLOW THE BAD APPLES TO SHUT DOWN THE CENTER, I HOPE NOT.ONE THING THAT I ALSO KNOW IS THAT THIS CENTER DOESN'T OPERATE ON THE SAYING, I QUOTE..IF JUST ONE PERSON GOT SOMETHING THAN I HAVE DONE MY JOB. WITH A CENTER THAT HAS AS MANY KIDS THAT SHE HAS THAT TYPE OF TEACHING HAS FAILURE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. THAT IS NOT MRS HALL JAMES WAY HER WAY IS WE LEAVE NOBODY UNEDUCATED BY ANY MEANS NESSARY, NON VIOLENT. I BELIEVE IN HER GOD GIVEN WORK , THE PARENTS COULD NOT DO IT SO SHE MANNED UP FOR WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY THE PARENTS.ALSO FOR THE COMMENT THAT MRS. HALL JAMES WANT THE KIDS TO DO TOO MUCH THIS IS A NORMAL COMPLAINT FROM A KID WHO CAUSED MOMMY AND DADDY PROBLEMS , IF YOU WERE IN COLLEGE YOU WOULD HAVE TO DO IT ALL SO STIVE TO DO ALL YOU CAN TO HELP YOURSELF AND DONT BECOME DEPENDENT ON OTHER, TO DO FOR YOU WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING FOR YOURSELF THATS LIFE.
EX-WORKER

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

A director can only be as good as they can be and that is if thier staff is proficient in carring out the task that are given and never underminding the director.A coach can not lead a team to victory with the players undermining his directives. Also A team consist of different positions the director is one of the positions that means communication is the most vital tool of all . The student did alot of things while I was thier,i was even charged with allowing student to have sex, I was put into the female dorm on night shift and the student climed threw windows,and was caught sleeping together, but what the real reason is that so many males staff were brout up on sexual harasment charges that i did not go to any of the rooms that night out of that fear and i was an new employee at that time.It tends to make me wonder why is it that a womans body seems to be more sacred than a mans and that a female staff member can run a male dorm but when a male staff member has to be on high aler to run a female dorm and worry the next day if he is going to be charged with something the next day. All in all alot of people make judgement to things that they have no experince in . go see how it'done and then comment not what you think .these student and this rape, the girl should be at falt in climbing in the window and not thinking thatwhen she opened herself to drugs that she opened her self up to all things that go with it, some people have sex for drugs thats what they do men and women whatch the movie less than Zero and the boy are wrong also for not having the since to walk away and respect her and themselves,now all that seems fun turns out to have bad repacautions, but kids will be kid if thier not taught right at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martinsburg Discussions

Search the Martinsburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
savannah harless 3 min Murphy 3
Nasheka Jobe 4 min the real 2
prank calling babies 9 min pizzed off wife 1
Special Metals - New Management in the works? 9 min UncleHo 53
atvs and beer v/s your kids 12 min Excuses 19
Best Obstetrician in Huntington 19 min Nope 1
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 33 min fitness-guru 53,394
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martinsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••