Dismembered Body Found In W.Va

Dismembered Body Found In W.Va

There are 19 comments on the WJLA-TV Arlington story from Aug 23, 2006, titled Dismembered Body Found In W.Va. In it, WJLA-TV Arlington reports that:

Officials say a woman whose dismembered body was found inside a suitcase and black plastic bag in a West Virginia creek apparently was stabbed to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJLA-TV Arlington.

Deborah

Galeton, PA

#1 Aug 30, 2006
Hello, are they releasing anything new yet on this? I have a niece there I cant contact, if any knows please post. West Virginia needs to impose the death penalty I only live 20 minutes away in a bigger city, in a different state and our crime is alot lower.
Pam

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Aug 30, 2006
Is there any updates on this, or any clues as to who she is? I,also believe the seath penatly should be imposed in crimes of this nature.
Deborah

Galeton, PA

#3 Sep 2, 2006
Pam wrote:
Is there any updates on this, or any clues as to who she is? I,also believe the seath penatly should be imposed in crimes of this nature.
They put a discription of the victem on the news all I remember is that she was five something short brown hair and brown eyes and three piercings in one ear and four in the other. which probley puts her around my age, because that was the time they did piercing in the ears like that. but they have her listed as between 30 to fifty years old, this is so sad and grotesque, even though its comforting to know that it is not my niece, crime is out of control in that area.
Who_would_Jesus_ kill

Charles Town, WV

#4 Sep 2, 2006
A report released in September 2000 by the New York Times found that states without the death penalty have lower homicide rates that states with the death penalty. The Times reports that during the last 20 years, the homicide rate in states with the death penalty has been 48 percent to 101 percent higher than in states without the death penalty.
Furthermore, FBI data showed that ten of the twelve states without capital punishment have homicide rates below the national average, whereas half of the states with capital punishment have homicide rates above. Based on the data in the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, average of murder rates among death penalty states in 2001 was 5.2 per 100,000 population in contrast to 2.9 among states without death penalty.
Comparing homicide rates in the United States and Canada and Europe additionally supports the fact that the death penalty does not have any deterrent effect. According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, the homicide rate in the U.S. in 1999 was 5.7 per 100,000 population, while in Canada, which abolished the death penalty in 1976, the rate was only 1.8. Likewise, data released by the British Home Office reveals that the United States has a murder rate that is more that three times that of many of European countries that have banned capital punishment.
This data was compiled by Amnesty International.
Deborah

Galeton, PA

#5 Sep 4, 2006
you would feel different if that was your child or loved one hacked into pieces shoved into suitcases and a trashbag and thrown into back creek I bet the tables would turn then, I live 20 minutes away from that area and someone gets killed there every night. Just a little over a year ago someone beat a 14 year old girl to death as she came home from school. there is people getting shot in thier beds, no courtesy at all for the law either, it wasnt that long ago that a officer was killed in that area handling a domestic call, houses are broken into every day. For people who commit heinous crimes this is necessary, our government is very lienient as it is, as bad as it is now, think how much worse it would be without this form of punishment, you wouldnt be able to walk across the street. I used to think this was unnecessary, that to take someones life for doing a crimal act didnt solve anything, but the crimes now a day a horrid. I have children and it has changed my way of thinking, if someone hacks up my child and throws them into a creek I want them to die. Even though this woman was not a child, she once was someones child, sister, mother, aunt, and it was horribly wrong.
martinsburg native

United States

#6 Sep 5, 2006
Deborah wrote:
you would feel different if that was your child or loved one hacked into pieces shoved into suitcases and a trashbag and thrown into back creek I bet the tables would turn then, I live 20 minutes away from that area and someone gets killed there every night. Just a little over a year ago someone beat a 14 year old girl to death as she came home from school. there is people getting shot in thier beds, no courtesy at all for the law either, it wasnt that long ago that a officer was killed in that area handling a domestic call, houses are broken into every day. For people who commit heinous crimes this is necessary, our government is very lienient as it is, as bad as it is now, think how much worse it would be without this form of punishment, you wouldnt be able to walk across the street. I used to think this was unnecessary, that to take someones life for doing a crimal act didnt solve anything, but the crimes now a day a horrid. I have children and it has changed my way of thinking, if someone hacks up my child and throws them into a creek I want them to die. Even though this woman was not a child, she once was someones child, sister, mother, aunt, and it was horribly wrong.
To comment on your comments, I agree 100% that Wv needs the death penalty. My husband & son were tortued & murdered last year, so I know how it feels. I'm orginally from Baltimore. I wish I had stayed there. My family may still be alive. So you know, this case hasn't even gone to trial yet. They are too worried about what the killer wants. Our legal sure sucks.
Deborah

Galeton, PA

#7 Sep 5, 2006
I am really sorry to hear about your husband and son, this is why we need a revision in our legal sytem, its true the criminal has too many rights, where are the victims rights and the rights for the family of the victims, its a vicous circle that keeps going until it explodes. If they are proven to have committed a heinous crime like the one you are experiencing, and there is not even a shadow of a doubt, I think the punishment should be swift in coming, its not right that the American people have to pay for all the crimals that are killing our men and women and most importantly children. and then there is no closure for people like you, hes being protected but your family is gone, its just not right, bring on the death penalty, but not so we can house these crimals for twelve years but so they get a swift vindication for familys like yours. God bless you and your family.
shadow205

Humble, TX

#8 Sep 5, 2006
I read in another article that the police were going to release a composite sketch of the unidentified woman whose body was found. Has anyone seen that sketch published in any newspaers or TV?
Deborah

United States

#9 Sep 6, 2006
no, I havent, just the description that was on the local radio, but then I heard (through word of mouth only) that she has been identifed and they know who did it, which is probley true because they are being tight lipped about the whole nasty incident.
Informant X

Keedysville, MD

#10 Sep 6, 2006
I live not too far from Back Creek Valley myself, and I must say that the there is virtually no limits for criminal activity in that area. There has been bad stuff happening there for a long time. Anymore, going there is like visiting Salem's Lot. Personally I feel that the residents are so far desolated from any law enforcement it's too easy to get away with crime. Now this talk about a gang that will rape and murder women there has made turf tags with signs and spray paint. Could this have had something to do with that maybe? Maybe we should see this as a sign for us to lock our doors at night and protect ourselves any means necessary.
Deborah

United States

#11 Sep 6, 2006
yeah that area is very isolated, and it is in an area easy to access from several states you have maryland on one side, virginia on the other, its a great breeding ground for criminals to hang around in. I didnt hear anything about the gangs that you are talking about, although I know that they are in my area, and we should definately lock our doors, no matter where we live, and hold our children tight, this world is a mess. I dont know about protecting ourselves by any means necessary though, well I guess so, as long as its on the right side of the law, unless they were messing with one of my kids I dont know that I could be responsible for anything I would do in those circumstances.
ntcmoms

AOL

#12 Sep 8, 2006
They finally found out whom she was. She was exwife of a lawyer filder. They were at his office yesterday. We are talking about the police here we have crimes unsolve all the time and people getting off with things like this cause the avidence isn;/t collected right i hope the csi unit yesterday did a good job and find whom killed her./
Deborah

Galeton, PA

#13 Sep 10, 2006
yeah it was finally on my homepage with my local news, they had a picture of her too, this is really sad. But at least they are closer to finding out what happened. makes u think, every day is a gift.
Pam

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Sep 14, 2006
Deborah wrote:
yeah it was finally on my homepage with my local news, they had a picture of her too, this is really sad. But at least they are closer to finding out what happened. makes u think, every day is a gift.
I have tried to keep up with this story but have never read anything anywhere else about them finding the identity I would like to read the article I have worried about this and it has really bothered me I continue to pray for this lady and her family
Deborah

Studley, VA

#15 Sep 17, 2006
I saw some footage on the news about the guy who was involved in the terrible incindent with you husband and son, once again I am so sorry. God Bless you, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your family.
martinsburg native wrote:
<quoted text> To comment on your comments, I agree 100% that Wv needs the death penalty. My husband & son were tortued & murdered last year, so I know how it feels. I'm orginally from Baltimore. I wish I had stayed there. My family may still be alive. So you know, this case hasn't even gone to trial yet. They are too worried about what the killer wants. Our legal sure sucks.
Deborah

Studley, VA

#16 Sep 19, 2006
well they have finally arrested someone for it, it was her husband, a lawyer in berkley county. still its so sad. but it shouuld be on the local nbc 25 news tonight.
William

United States

#17 Sep 20, 2006
The man charged with this crime done some legal work for me back in 1999.He is a very intelligent man.He is a very well know lawyer in the area.He has lived in this area for a long time.If he is gilty of this crime,it is not because of the area,but of his own choices.
Kara Inwood wv

Alexandria, VA

#18 Sep 26, 2006
This happened very close to where I live. The man charged with it I believe may not have done it. The woman had trouble with drugs. Not to mention they were divorced but he was living with her instead of his wife. So who really knows.
Nancy

Greenwood, IN

#19 Aug 24, 2007
Can you tell me a little about warrenton? I am possibly moving there for job relocation and know nothing about it?
Nancy.....:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody tired of blacks whining? 1 hr ewww 76
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr Weepy 1,394
are black people the most High's chosen people 2 hr ewww 14
Dem Covention 2 hr Liberal hypocrisy 86
Lola Rakes 3 hr Bad news 42
Any ladies like to tongue mens harry buttholes ... 3 hr Bobby browneye 1
Pooped in the front seat of car at hotdog festival 3 hr Bobby browneye 2

Martinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance