Waynesboro council president faces ba...

Waynesboro council president faces bar fight charges

There are 31 comments on the Public Opinion story from May 9, 2011, titled Waynesboro council president faces bar fight charges. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Waynesboro's borough council president is accused of punching and severely injuring a man while visiting a West Virginia bar with members of his motorcycle club in February.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LetsHaveSumFun

Muncy, PA

#1 May 10, 2011
I guess this brings new meaning to all those signs stating "Motorcycles are everywhere".

I can see it now - in the future as you enter Waynesboro, there are nude female dummies perched on top of trucks that advertize "Come to the Waynesboro Dirty Dawg and have your sins forgiven". Sponsored by your Borough Council.

Finally, maybe suggest Mr. Newcomer pack some of those clothes for charity in his cycle bags to give the performers next time his gang wants to get off watching unclothed ladies.
Qwerty

Chambersburg, PA

#2 May 10, 2011
"Like Jesus, I like to witness to sinners," he said. "Jesus witnessed to the sinners and the tax collectors. You don't bring people to the Lord by witnessing to people in church."

But you do introduce people to Jesus by watching strippers and smashing folks in the face, beating them hard enough to question whether they survived?

It must be a different Jesus than the one who gave dignity to women and taught us not to respond to violence with more violence.

Newcomer is right about one thing, God knows the intent of his heart.
tiny dancer

Chambersburg, PA

#5 May 10, 2011
He was leading the sinners to Jesus - I guess that means he was he ministering to the strippers, too.
Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

#7 May 10, 2011
What a bunch of loser d-bags.
Newcomer can perform his special form of ministry from behind a jail cell now.
Please look into this PO

Greencastle, PA

#8 May 10, 2011
The Avengers MC is an "outlaw 1% motorcylce club". There is a big difference betwen what that means and "just a bunch of guys riding". An elected official or anyone who wants to be can not be a member of an outlaw group. If he was with HOG, or a ratified charity or christian based club, no big deal....but thiS is NO COOL!!
Public Opinion - please investigate this part of the story a little more.
Outlaw biker groups are based in illegal activity, hence "outlaw". He made a huge error in judgement. If he is a patched member, this should be looked into.
Please look into this PO

Greencastle, PA

#9 May 10, 2011
Please look into this PO

Greencastle, PA

#10 May 10, 2011
Read this...does this sound like a club you want your elected official to be in?
http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201102050024
updating

Mill Hall, PA

#11 May 10, 2011
Newcomer is a good friend of Alloway. Alloway has been pushing Newcomer to run against Todd Rock. That should be good.
Embedded Citizen

Hagerstown, MD

#12 May 10, 2011
You know this how?
Never ceases to amaze me how many people want so desperately to believe they have the inside scoop on everything going on any topic.
updating wrote:
Newcomer is a good friend of Alloway. Alloway has been pushing Newcomer to run against Todd Rock. That should be good.
From WV

Hedgesville, WV

#13 May 10, 2011
If they dig deeper into Newcomer's closet, the voters of Waynesboro will see for what his is. It just I matter of time until his life style catches up with him. I have known him for 26 years.
Booty Hunter

Carnegie, PA

#14 May 10, 2011
"I am surrounding myself with these b00bs in the name of Christ our Lord...ohh, and there are topless women here too."
TPA

Tampa, FL

#15 May 10, 2011
Gotta love how he heads across state lines to W. Va. to let his hair down with the motorcycle dudes at the Dirty Dawg Saloon.
Say What

York, PA

#16 May 10, 2011
Hmmmm, not one single article or comment on the Record Herald page, hmmmmm!!!
Darth Vader

Chambersburg, PA

#17 May 10, 2011
I guess the local prison could use another chaplin,
be a good place for him.
Avenging Angel

Annapolis, MD

#18 May 10, 2011
Sounds like this man is not a newcomer to the Unholy Life.
Look Closer

Gettysburg, PA

#19 May 10, 2011
Say What wrote:
Hmmmm, not one single article or comment on the Record Herald page, hmmmmm!!!
I see an article posted on the RH site 2 hrs ago. The same time they usually put their paper out. They generally don't rush for the sake of beating others. They try to get it right the first time.
Rob

Chambersburg, PA

#21 May 10, 2011
How many of you were there and saw what happened???? Not a ONE of you. Glad none of you are jurists! Before you run your mouths, make sure of your facts.
who

New Bloomfield, PA

#22 May 10, 2011
Well Mr Newcomer can rest easy already! Since the Waynesboro Police Chief took a statement from him, that statement and all its content can be thrown out! If in fact Mr. Newcomer did go to the chief on his own, that was pretty smart of him. Since he is on council and partially in charge of the police department, one would think a conflict of interest would be raised by any half decent lawyer. Since he had a few weeks to think things over, I say he did some real good thinking!
art

Landisburg, PA

#24 May 10, 2011
Rob wrote:
How many of you were there and saw what happened???? Not a ONE of you. Glad none of you are jurists! Before you run your mouths, make sure of your facts.
Where you there and how do you know if he did it or not? You should not run your mouth if you don't have the facts. Lets let Jesus decide, we put him in jail and he might have time to save some of the other prisoners. It's great that we have people like Mr.Newcomer to keep every body on the straight path. I hope he did not break his new ring when he hit the man in the face and caused brain damage. Instead of asking a women stranger weather he killed the man or not ,why not go to the hospital and check for him self? He can be glad that i am not on the jury.
skeetser mccbg pa

Mcsherrystown, PA

#25 May 10, 2011
Must be a new kind of religion I never heard of..Now you can be introduced to Jesus in the bars...hhhhmmmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tyler Allen Decker Nov '16 bendively 2
egor Aug '16 friends in high p... 1
egor vincent e martz Aug '16 martz friends 1
vincent e martz egor (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friends 1
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (May '16) May '16 martz friends 2
News Legislation allows Act 47 cities to triple serv... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Elmer Fink 1
Review: Andy's Archery (Feb '13) Jul '13 Andy 4

Martinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsburg Mortgages