Vet worked on Flying Fortresses

Vet worked on Flying Fortresses

There are 7 comments on the Public Opinion story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Vet worked on Flying Fortresses. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Almost 70 years ago, Bob Dilling went to war in order to keep his brother from going.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Known for a long time

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Sep 25, 2010
So pleased to see this interesting article about Mr. Dilling. He is a kind, caring gentleman with a wonderful family. A true Christian who has set an example for everyone. Congratulations Mr. Dilling!
I Feel Your Pain

New Bloomfield, PA

#2 Sep 25, 2010
Thanks you Mr. Dilling.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 25, 2010
The Great Generation.
kudos

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Another of what is turning out to be one of the P.O.'s most interesting articles. I hope they continue to publish them as the number of these WWII wets are thining out and their experiences should be made known.
Bill Himchak

AOL

#5 Sep 25, 2010
As an HONORABLE Veteran myself....VETERANS are always TOP NOTCH. My (2) Grandfather's were also WWII Veterans.
Thanks

Greencastle, PA

#6 Sep 25, 2010
These pieces are A+. Hoping the young folks in the area reading. If they are, they are getting a great history course and a sense of what the WWII generation is made of. If it were not for them, the world would be toast.

Mr. Dilling is a superstar. If you want a prototype of how to be a kind, useful person, he is it.
Candy Kinser

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Sep 26, 2010
I can testify that Robert Dilling is one of the finest men on this earth. He has been such a great brother to my mother. I will be forever grateful to him. He is a man of integrity. Thank-you for this excellent article!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tyler Allen Decker (Nov '16) Nov '16 bendively 2
egor (Aug '16) Aug '16 friends in high p... 1
egor vincent e martz (Aug '16) Aug '16 martz friends 1
vincent e martz egor (Jul '16) Jul '16 martz friends 1
vincent e martz egor 5692 little cove rd,mercer... (May '16) May '16 martz friends 2
News Legislation allows Act 47 cities to triple serv... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Elmer Fink 1
Review: Andy's Archery (Feb '13) Jul '13 Andy 4

Martinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinsburg Mortgages