Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it...in old ...the most Liberal city in the United States of America and the crowning jewel of civilization in the modern world...New York.
Great city.

prepare yourself for everything being expensive.

depending where you live, you can forget the car which saves money. Great public transportation. You still save money losing the car, and alot of stress.

Be safe, and enjoy the city.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
OG, this administration and it's supporters have shown a very overt negativity towards whites and pretty much pro-black. How were whites supposed to feel?
Can you give me a concrete example of this "negativity" toward whites? I haven't seen it.

Obama seems very reserved to me. Nixon had an "enemies list", people he would actively try to hurt with his considerable political power. LBJ was a physical thug (not unlike Putin.) They were both old hands at the hardball political game. Obama is not like that. He's young and inexperienced in the meaner aspects of modern politics. If Obama is hurting your feelings, I would suggest that you prepare for the possibility of "President Clinton II: Hillary Rising." She may turn out to be even meaner than Obama.

Just a hunch, from an old guy that's been watching politics for a long time...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, stop and frisk worked very well in NY because they are so strict with gun laws. However the blacks (which SAF protected) objected to the practice. Their people were too racially profiled for comfort. I don't know if they still use SAF, but if they stopped, that will lead to many more murders and assaults in the city, just the way liberals like it.
There is nothing more sad than a selective constitutionalist.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he was responsible for it. I think he went along with it.
Good catch. It was the elder President Bush (Herbert Walker) that crafted NAFTA.But I remember it being endorsed by by most of the former Presidents. It may yet turn out to be a good thing, but that would be a hard sell to most. Time will tell. It was even more unpopular in Canada than here.

"Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1986 among the three nations, the leaders met in San Antonio, Texas, on December 17, 1992, to sign NAFTA. U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed it. The signed agreement then needed to be authorized by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

Before the negotiations were finalized, Bill Clinton came into office in the U.S. and Kim Campbell in Canada, and before the agreement became law, Jean Chrétien had taken office in Canada."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Talking about New York, New York...
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great city.
depending where you live, you can forget the car which saves money. Great public transportation. You still save money losing the car, and alot of stress.
Yeah, you'd have to be crazy to have a car in NYC. The traffic is nuts, and a Times Square parking garage is $20 for the first fifteen minutes.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but Clinton didn't veto NAFTA which the Unions were against and the Unions should knew right there and then that the Liberal Democrats turn on the Unions or Organized Laber which the Liberal Democrats did besides Clinton is the one that signed into law that reclassified strikers into two groups Economical and Unfair strikers weakining the Union's Strike power and if Strikers went on strike for economical gain employers could terminate them immediately as economical strikers and higher replacement workers and I seen this happen around here at 4 places where the union members were terminated for being economical strikers and like I told a couple that I knew I said thank Bill Clinton and the Liberal Democrats for your job loss.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going by second hand information of course. My cousins daughter is a Broadway actress. She recently married to a guy also in show biz, and last I heard, they were thinking about moving back to Cleveland. NYC isn't all what it's cracked up to be. A person making $80,000 per year there is lower middle-class.
I had a student who used to live in NYC. He told me that if my apartments were in NYC, I could easily charge over $1,500 per month in rent.
Now if I can only find a way to move my apartments to NYC. LOL!
you are correct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly and Clinton signed NAFTA into law which he didnt have to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only unions, but forced bussing as well.
We in Cleveland are still feeling the devastating effects of bussing from decades before. When forced bussing came along, the people with money left the city for the burbs and country. The people that couldn't leave were those that didn't have the money to do so. So what happens when people with money leave and people with no money stay? Much less tax collection.
Less taxes collected leads to a reduction in emergency forces, a reduction in city services, a reduction in home values, a depletion of school buildings and faculty.
Liberal policies are a failure most times tried. We sacrificed what works for what sounds good.
Detroit, MI is a prime example of what your saying too.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly and Clinton signed NAFTA into law which he didnt have to.
" The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage, is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our nation's best interest over the long term without respect to partisanship."

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Mr. Vice President, President Bush, President Carter, President Ford, ladies and gentlemen....

It's an honor for me today to be joined by my predecessor, President Bush, who took the major steps in negotiating this North American Free Trade Agreement; President Jimmy Carter, whose vision of hemispherical development gives great energy to our efforts and has been a consistent theme of his for many, many years now; and President Ford who has argued as fiercely for expanded trade and for this agreement as any American citizen and whose counsel I continue to value.

These men, differing in party and outlook, join us today because we all recognize the important stakes for our nation in this issue."

http://clinton6.nara.gov/1993/09/1993-09-14-r...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
" The presence of three former presidents, two Republicans and one Democrat, to join President Clinton here today on this stage, is evidence of our country's ability to support what is in our nation's best interest over the long term without respect to partisanship."
THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Mr. Vice President, President Bush, President Carter, President Ford, ladies and gentlemen....
It's an honor for me today to be joined by my predecessor, President Bush, who took the major steps in negotiating this North American Free Trade Agreement; President Jimmy Carter, whose vision of hemispherical development gives great energy to our efforts and has been a consistent theme of his for many, many years now; and President Ford who has argued as fiercely for expanded trade and for this agreement as any American citizen and whose counsel I continue to value.
These men, differing in party and outlook, join us today because we all recognize the important stakes for our nation in this issue."
http://clinton6.nara.gov/1993/09/1993-09-14-r...
You are correct and the facts are true.
d pantz

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing more sad than a selective constitutionalist.
Your self description is impeccable....
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Right, but Clinton didn't veto NAFTA which the Unions were against and the Unions should knew right there and then that the Liberal Democrats turn on the Unions or Organized Laber which the Liberal Democrats did besides Clinton is the one that signed into law that reclassified strikers into two groups Economical and Unfair strikers weakining the Union's Strike power and if Strikers went on strike for economical gain employers could terminate them immediately as economical strikers and higher replacement workers and I seen this happen around here at 4 places where the union members were terminated for being economical strikers and like I told a couple that I knew I said thank Bill Clinton and the Liberal Democrats for your job loss.
It was a Republican idea though. Again, Clinton just went along with the ride.

Same thing with welfare reform. After it became known that Welfare Reform was a success, Clinton took all the credit even though he never wanted it in the first place. Hell, he vetoed the bill twice before. The only reason he finally signed it was because he feared vetoing it again could cost him his reelection. But those of us who were awake at the time know that it was all Newt Gingrich and the Republicans responsible for Welfare Reform.

I didn't know about the union thing though. If that's what happened, then I have to give the Democrats some credit there. Nobody should be allowed to hold their employer hostage over money. If you want to work, then get to work. If you don't want to work, then go home and let somebody else have the job that appreciates it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good catch. It was the elder President Bush (Herbert Walker) that crafted NAFTA.But I remember it being endorsed by by most of the former Presidents. It may yet turn out to be a good thing, but that would be a hard sell to most. Time will tell. It was even more unpopular in Canada than here."
Once again, your comment here prompts me to post another column from Dr Walter Williams:

"The United States is the world's largest recipient of foreign direct investment. According the Economic Report of the President, in 2004, foreigners owned $5.5 trillion in U.S. assets and had $2.3 trillion in sales. They produced $515 billion of goods and services, accounting for 5.7 percent of total U.S. private output, and employed 5.1 million workers, or 4.7 percent of the U.S. workforce in 2004. According to the Congressional Research Service, in 2006 alone, foreign investors spent $184 billion investing in U.S. businesses and real estate, the highest amount foreign investors have spent since 2000. My question to Clinton, Obama and the anti-trade lobby is, would Americans be better off if there were no foreign investment in our country?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, between 1996 and 2006, about 15 million jobs were lost and 17 million created each year. That's an annual net creation of 2 million jobs. Roughly 3 percent of the jobs lost were a result of foreign competition. Most were lost because of technology, domestic competition and changes in consumer tastes.

Some of the gain in jobs is a result of "insourcing". Foreign companies, such as Nissan, Honda, Nokia, and Novartis, set up plants, hire American workers and pay them wages higher than the national average. According to Dartmouth College professor Matthew Slaughter, "insourced" jobs paid a salary 32 percent higher than the average U.S. salary. So here's my question to anti-traders: If "outsourcing" is harmful to the U.S., it must also be harmful to European countries and Japan; would you advise them to take their jobs back home?"

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/william...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me a concrete example of this "negativity" toward whites? I haven't seen it.
Obama seems very reserved to me. Nixon had an "enemies list", people he would actively try to hurt with his considerable political power. LBJ was a physical thug (not unlike Putin.) They were both old hands at the hardball political game. Obama is not like that. He's young and inexperienced in the meaner aspects of modern politics. If Obama is hurting your feelings, I would suggest that you prepare for the possibility of "President Clinton II: Hillary Rising." She may turn out to be even meaner than Obama.
Just a hunch, from an old guy that's been watching politics for a long time...
There have been several events I took umbrage with:

First off was DumBama's comment about a white police officer doing his job because he arrested a black professor that refused to cooperate with the police officer after a neighbor called about a possible break in. It was the professors home, but before DumBama knew any of the details, he publicly insulted the white police officer on national television. Later he offered him a beer to make nice-nice.

Racist Holder refused to level charges of voter intimidation against two Black Panther members. They were at the polls harassing white voters.

Out of the thousands of shootings that take place every year in our country, DumBama publicly came out to support Trayvon Martin, so to the point he said if he had a son, his son would look like Trayvon.

Racist Holder sent his FBI minions to Florida to find something---anything related to race in this self-defense shooting even though race was not an issue. After the Zimmerman trial where he was rightfully found not guilty, Holder vowed revenge on Zimmerman threatening federal charges against him. During that time, Holders minions funded rallies against George Zimmerman that could have easily sparked riots. I really believe this was something Racist Holder was hoping for.

300 black girls were kidnapped in Nigeria. Mrs. DumBama publicly came out to hash tag this situation. Now we sent some people there to find these girls even though we have plenty of kidnapping problems and slavery right here in the US. Of course, many of those victims are white girls so they don't really count in the eyes of Moochelle. Her outrage of these kidnappings gained national attention while one of our white former military men sits in a Mexican prison because he took a wrong turn into Mexico and had three firearms on him.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Great city.
Plus think of all the money he will save on soda pop. The government allows you to drink only so much pop over there. ;-D
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are, and that's what makes blacks racist.
Perhaps it has something to do with all those lynchings. Maybe a couple more rebel flags at the Tea Party rallies will patch it all up.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Canton wrote:
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps. To find you lose. Next?
then Vegas is the place for you
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a Republican idea though. Again, Clinton just went along with the ride.
Same thing with welfare reform. After it became known that Welfare Reform was a success, Clinton took all the credit even though he never wanted it in the first place. Hell, he vetoed the bill twice before. The only reason he finally signed it was because he feared vetoing it again could cost him his reelection. But those of us who were awake at the time know that it was all Newt Gingrich and the Republicans responsible for Welfare Reform.
I didn't know about the union thing though. If that's what happened, then I have to give the Democrats some credit there. Nobody should be allowed to hold their employer hostage over money. If you want to work, then get to work. If you don't want to work, then go home and let somebody else have the job that appreciates it.
If you want to work and support a family, not crawl on your belly for a corporate nickel, vote Hillary 2016. Gee, why did I make 10K more a year under Clinton and why is Newt Gingrich being funded by oil billionaires? Hey, neat. The "Contract with America" was penned by the Koch Brothers. Oopsie. There's that name again...and again...and again...

Did I happen to mention that a solar energy plant just matched the energy output of a fossil fuel power plant? Look at all those Tea Bagger eggs in one basket. The wrong basket, might I add.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martins Ferry Discussions

Search the Martins Ferry Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 26 Go Blue Forever 2,218
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Midget League Football Jul 9 New Neighbor 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 7 Musikologist 17
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Bobby Nye 178
Martins Ferry Police looking for stabbing suspect May '14 Donald Muhammad 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Martins Ferry, OH (Jul '10) Apr '14 Nope 12
•••
•••
•••
Martins Ferry Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Martins Ferry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000