Police: Ohio burglar took empty gumba...

Police: Ohio burglar took empty gumball machine

There are 9 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 13, 2011, titled Police: Ohio burglar took empty gumball machine. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Police in Ohio are puzzled by a burglar who they say broke into a convenience store and took nothing but an empty gumball machine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: Apr 10

Anytown, USA

#1 May 13, 2011
<Walton says police in the eastern Ohio community along the Ohio River can't figure out a motive.>

He just needed that last little item to complete his 'man-cave'. Mom won't ask any questions, she never goes down to the basement anyways.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 13, 2011
Must have needed it for a rally and a very bad movie.
Rich U

Austin, TX

#3 May 14, 2011
Darwin strikes again.
Freedom Lover

United States

#4 May 14, 2011
If it's an old antique gumball machine, real old, and on it's original cast iron stand they can be worth an aweful lot of money. I think some of them are worth more than a new cadillac.

“We're all Bozos on this bus”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, IN

#5 May 15, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
If it's an old antique gumball machine, real old, and on it's original cast iron stand they can be worth an aweful lot of money. I think some of them are worth more than a new cadillac.
In a convenience store? I don't think so.

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#6 May 15, 2011
Fill it with crack rocks, mount it on the front porch and wala..Dealer doesn't have to answer the door all daym night...

until someone shows up without change...

zzzzzzzzzzzz
kirbymolly

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 15, 2011
Sorta like "Cool Hand Luke"
Allister

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 16, 2011
The man had seen an episode of "Antiques Roadshow" where a similar vintage gumball machine, although also empty, had an estimated auction value of $2,500 to $3,500.
just saying

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#9 Sep 12, 2011
justaguess your not right is all i can say.dont mean that as a insult but your not right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martins Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police in martins ferry (Apr '11) Aug 4 John J 5
the music thread (Mar '12) May '15 Musikologist 19
Nud (Nov '14) Apr '15 t8rsalad 4
News Many for W.Va. bill promoting drug testing for ... (Feb '15) Mar '15 good 2
News Martins Ferry Police looking for stabbing suspect (May '14) Feb '15 good luck 3
News Tiltonsville Girl Takes Stand in Rape Case (Aug '07) Oct '14 paddyomalley 3
Midget League Football (Jul '14) Jul '14 New Neighbor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martins Ferry Mortgages