Wheeling-Ohio County Airport

Wheeling-Ohio County Airport

Posted in the Martins Ferry Forum

Stacie

Brea, CA

#1 Dec 27, 2012
My boyfriend and I were in MFO July 2012 visiting his old stomping grounds and what a great time we had visiting friends, hanging out at Primos and the Dutch Henry while thunder cracked the sky, buying a guitar at CA House in St. Clairsville, singing Donnie Iris songs out the window of the rental car... I see why my boyfriend is who he is even with the small time recognition he had as a musician. Down to Earth, so genuine...Seriously, I was beyond amazed by the fact that no one I met there was afflicted with the A-holery as they are here. You see, I am a native Californian (Los Angeles, need I say more?) and people here just are not like people there.
Anyway, back to the purpose of this post, we are both flight instructors and are wondering if a new flight school has opened since the passing of the beloved and popular man who flight instructed at Wheeling-Ohio County Airport for over 35 years. That airport is beautiful, so lush and so historic and hopefully is getting income to keep on going. Besides that, life without flying is well...not worth living and we certainly don't want anyone to be deprived of its magic. Believe me. No one would have to twist my arm to get me out of this catastrophe of what I call home. It's painful to watch it steadily decline. I am curious to what a blizzard would like to an LA woman though.
Stacie

Brea, CA

#2 Dec 27, 2012
Would be like for an LA Woman:) Typos and pop-up ads irritate me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martins Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trial of Ex-Smithfield Mayor Delayed, New Charg... Jul '16 SmokeyJoe 2
News Jeri Boston May '16 Sherry 1
The Mafia May '16 bullet 1
police in martins ferry (Apr '11) Mar '16 ex vogal 6
woman if you've met any pipeliners! (Apr '13) Mar '16 ex vogul 8
News Wheeling-Pitt closing Allenport mill (Mar '08) Jan '16 Big Meat 2
the music thread (Mar '12) Nov '15 Musikologist 20

Martins Ferry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance