Military honors finally go to Ohioan from WWII | The Columbus Dispatch

It took more than 67 years, but a Bridgeport, Ohio, man killed during World War II in the line of duty in the state has received full military honors. Full Story
REM

Germantown, OH

#1 Oct 3, 2010
Why would the family request military honors for him when he did not serve in the military?
Lfod

Canal Winchester, OH

#2 Oct 3, 2010
A slap in the face to real veteans. Typical of bozo and company. Boeing factory workers were "nessesary" but they were NOT MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES. This sucks!
Justa thought

Swanton, OH

#3 Oct 3, 2010
There is no doubt that this man was part of the 'Greatest Generation' that gave their all, be it on the home front or the war front, to keep our country free. However, I can't go along with giving military honors to someone that did not serve in the military. To do so is a slap in the face to those that did serve.
A Veteran

Zanesville, OH

#4 Oct 3, 2010
Such actions, as described in this story, are an afront to all who actually served in our military.
During WWII, as a youngster, I helped to collect tin, grease, scap iron, etc. for the "War Cause". By these standards, I should have a grave marker for my duty to my country. Nonsense. Having served in the U.S. Army for 3 years I can tell you that I am disgusted with people trying to claim military honors for which they are clearly not quallified.
Barrack

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 3, 2010
Surely you jest!......Military Honors for a Civillian??? WOW Liberals is what Liberals duz...
Barrack

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 3, 2010
The Best Question is why would the Government Allow such an action, and are constantly refusing "AGENT ORANGE CONTAMINATION" Claims of Genuine Vetrans of the Viet Nam War.....It is "Change" we don't need, this kind of MONKEY BIZ...
workingdadof7

Glen Dale, WV

#7 Oct 3, 2010
He as well as all who put forth a call to duty to serve this great country in a time of war is honorable. Wether it is picking up tin as the earlier person stated, or "Rosie the Riviter". But this, as well intentioned as it is, cheapens the deaths and scars of those who went in harms way. My kudos to this man who stepped up to the plate to do the right thing, but this goes a little to far.
what

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 3, 2010
i took a real nice looking turd this morning, wonder if i could get military honors, too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martins Ferry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Midget League Football Jul '14 New Neighbor 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul '14 Musikologist 17
Martins Ferry Police looking for stabbing suspect May '14 Donald Muhammad 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Martins Ferry, OH (Jul '10) Apr '14 Nope 12
Obese man who was cut out of home dies | The Co... (Apr '11) Feb '14 Magnum Opus 40
Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Pos 29
Bouchard reassumes role as CEO of Esmark Steel ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 millman 1
Martins Ferry Dating
Find my Match

Martins Ferry Jobs

Martins Ferry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martins Ferry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martins Ferry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]