Sentencing for chief in celebrity surrogate case set for today ...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A former Ohio police chief faces sentencing in an alleged break-in at the home of a woman who bore twin girls for Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

2

a sad commentary on this country's obsession with celebrity.a police chief breaking into a home to get something to sell to tmz
svc

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

3

1

1

jimmy agler wrote:
a sad commentary on this country's obsession with celebrity.a police chief breaking into a home to get something to sell to tmz
It's not a sad commentary on anything except the mentality of the two idiots named in the case. This country isn't obsessed with anything. Some people are obsessed and some websites cater to it but these two jokers chose to break the law.

The funny thing is that we're talking about Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. What made these guys think they'd find anything worth risking their jobs over?
Jon H

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

2

well, at least there was no special treatment. What was the charge, just burglary?? Don't see how its a felony.
Read

Powell, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Jon H wrote:
well, at least there was no special treatment. What was the charge, just burglary?? Don't see how its a felony.
As per the article. "A jury last month convicted Barry Carpenter on charges of receiving stolen property, theft in office and evidence tampering. He was acquitted of other counts, including burglary." ----receiving stolen property and theft in office are felonies.
Coaldigger

Brunswick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Oh, Bubba is going to have fun.
svc

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 30, 2009
 
Jon H wrote:
well, at least there was no special treatment. What was the charge, just burglary?? Don't see how its a felony.
Even if you don't think that breaking into somebody's house isn't a felony the fact that it was done by a cop should justify a stiffer penalty.
ramsayjames

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 30, 2009
 
Prison is exactly where this thieving criminal belongs.
The Red Raider

Galloway, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

More corruption out of eastern Ohio.
MrsHarrySak

Kent, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

is he Amish?
K Terry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

God is always the great equalizer. PROTECTIVE CUSTODY!!!!
K Terry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 30, 2009
 
Jon H wrote:
well, at least there was no special treatment. What was the charge, just burglary?? Don't see how its a felony.
Burglary is a FELONY!!!!!

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

svc wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a sad commentary on anything except the mentality of the two idiots named in the case. This country isn't obsessed with anything. Some people are obsessed and some websites cater to it but these two jokers chose to break the law.
The funny thing is that we're talking about Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick. What made these guys think they'd find anything worth risking their jobs over?
you seriously think this country in't obsessed?the anna nicolesmith debacle alone should prove it.or the daily updates during micheal jackson' trial that reported nothing except showing video of him walking in?brittany?lohan?any of these ring a bell?
svc

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 30, 2009
 
jimmy agler wrote:
<quoted text>you seriously think this country in't obsessed?the anna nicolesmith debacle alone should prove it.or the daily updates during micheal jackson' trial that reported nothing except showing video of him walking in?brittany?lohan?any of these ring a bell?
I don't see the nationwide obsession you're alluding to. Are there fanatics? Sure. There always have been. I don't think it's worse now than it was years ago. Don't you remember how popular the Beatles were? How about Elvis? In fact, the fascination with Elvis to this day is even more unsettling than the fixation some people have on celebrity antics.

I don't read gossip mags and I don't watch Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight. I don't log onto TMZ or PerezHilton. Perhaps you're the one who is obsessed. Maybe you're a little to fixated on the very things you lament against. Perhaps you should limit your criticism to the person you see in the mirror. And I'm not talking about the London tabloid, either. Don't lay your guilt trip for being a loser on everybody else. turn the channel if you don't like what you see.
Terp

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 30, 2009
 
svc wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the nationwide obsession you're alluding to. Are there fanatics? Sure. There always have been. I don't think it's worse now than it was years ago. Don't you remember how popular the Beatles were? How about Elvis? In fact, the fascination with Elvis to this day is even more unsettling than the fixation some people have on celebrity antics.
I don't read gossip mags and I don't watch Access Hollywood or Entertainment Tonight. I don't log onto TMZ or PerezHilton. Perhaps you're the one who is obsessed. Maybe you're a little to fixated on the very things you lament against. Perhaps you should limit your criticism to the person you see in the mirror. And I'm not talking about the London tabloid, either. Don't lay your guilt trip for being a loser on everybody else. turn the channel if you don't like what you see.
Dude, I don't watch/read any of that crap either but if you had turned on a radio or tv during the Jackson or nicole smith fiascos you couldn't have missed the nonstop coverage. what planet have you been living on?
If I Only Had a BRAIN

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 31, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

FYI, it is not an ALLEGED break-in any longer. He has been CONVICTED and SENTENCED...
K Terry

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 31, 2009
 
This actually made HLN this morning. How embarrassing for OH-IO.

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 31, 2009
 
Terp wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I don't watch/read any of that crap either but if you had turned on a radio or tv during the Jackson or nicole smith fiascos you couldn't have missed the nonstop coverage. what planet have you been living on?
i don't watch tmz or any of the others,,,it's when cnn,msnbc and fox are covering them that you know it has gone round the bend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Martins Ferry Discussions

Search the Martins Ferry Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min xxxrayted 28,476
Midget League Football Wed New Neighbor 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jul 7 Musikologist 17
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
Martins Ferry Police looking for stabbing suspect May '14 Donald Muhammad 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martins Ferry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martins Ferry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Martins Ferry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martins Ferry
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••