Gomes. Where's the Mural Ordinance Y...

Gomes. Where's the Mural Ordinance You promised to Write Over A year Ago?

Posted in the Martinez Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 15, 2010
Derrick O'Keefe and I donated over 80 gallons of paint, several folding ladders and several paint sprayer/compressors, total worth, several thousand dollars, to the antil graffiti program two years ago. I'll never forget the day when that ungrateful
b a s t r d Tony Pearsall met Derrick and I at the paint shop on Mare Island that Pearsall's program uses to store their paint and equipment at. Pearsall acted like he was annoyed to have to show up, barely thanked us and Derick and I left thinking what an ungrateful P.O.S Pearsall was. Shortly after, I stopped volunteering my time to his program, which I had done religiously prior to this ocurring.
Pearsall also sat on the committee to have the Red Ribbon Mural on Tennesee Street restored and met with O'Keefe and I prior to us undertaking its restoration. After stating how much would be needed to complete the project, Maria Guevarra, fresh out of the Vallejo Leadership class, was apointed by Pearsall to oversee the project. Unbeknownst to Derrick and I, she told Pearsall she could get the mural done for half the cost we recommended to Pearsall and then squandered the money on $40.00 a gallon paint at Benjamin Moore on Tennessee Street because she was loyal to them as member of her efort to restore Tennessee Streets business image. As a result the project ran out of money, because WalMart and their $7.00 a gallon paint was a dirty word to them. There wasn't even money for drinking water for the volunteers, because Code enforcement Head Nimat-Shakoor-Grantham, who was assigned to administer the grant, refused to use any more of the money Erin Hannigan's employer, State Farm Insurance, had donated to the city for this very purpose. Out of the goodness of her heart, Hannigan and her daughter showed up at the mural site one day by surprise, with many cases of water Hannigan had bought and donated to them to the volunteers.
Guevarra also permitted minor aged volunteers, contrary to the original guidelines set forth at the meeting, to climb unsupervised to dangerous heights on the scafolding and to stand dangerously on the top of folding ladders. O'Keefe and I warned her many times that this was an accident waiting to happen and she never took our advice.
When O'Keefe and I spoke to Pearsall about the way the project was being mismanaged by Guevarra, he said he wasn't involved. How quick he was though to attend the re dedication ceremony and sign his name to the mural when it was completed.
Additionally, Pearsall's new wife, Stephanie Gomes (as in Vallejo City Council Member Gomes)-Pearsall, also never wrote a city wide mural ordinance which she promised to do, continually asking for more time, further dooming the future of the mural project and wasting the rest of the money by tying it up in red tape. This in addition to Grantham's misguided attempt to recruit Benicia High School students to paint a new mural in downtown Vallejo caused the mural program to fall apart and ended up with mural artist Derrick O'Keefe moving out of Vallejo in disgust.
If anyone doubts even one syllable of the validity, truth or accuracy of my words, speak to Derrick O'Keefe or Erin Hannigan, because try as some will definitely do, to discredit the version of this that I am describing, it is 100% truthful and accurate and is being written to illustrate how city management and city council members can blunder a simple project out of blind egotism even when city money isn't involved.
There was nothing in it for O'Keefe and I other than to donate our time to help beautify the city.
Vallejo Native

Vallejo, CA

#2 Aug 16, 2010
Thank you Sam for opening our eyes. I had herd stories about Pearsall in the past, each time thinking wow is this guy really the
s c u m b a g people claim he is. I guess it's true. I also heard he was a corrupt cop on the take.
Anonymous

Hayward, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2010
If Gomes had any integrity she would respond to all this. She and Tony are fit for each other like two Pearsalls in a pod. Both egotistical, unethical and bought and paid for by an outside interest, VIB.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#4 Aug 16, 2010
do you really think any of them read this cr ap? please.....they're busy with their lives. what do you do with yours?
jane holland

Vallejo, CA

#5 Aug 16, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
do you really think any of them read this cr ap? please.....they're busy with their lives. what do you do with yours?
we know brown does, she chirped up the other day then went silent.
Sam the enraged -t-urd

Martinez, CA

#6 Aug 16, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
If Gomes had any integrity she would respond to all this. She and Tony are fit for each other like two Pearsalls in a pod. Both egotistical, unethical and bought and paid for by an outside interest, VIB.
One thing is certain, Sam will be responding to himself LOL!

(t)urd enragement!
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#7 Aug 16, 2010
Sam the enraged -t-urd wrote:
<quoted text>One thing is certain, Sam will be responding to himself LOL!
(t)urd enragement!
Sam the enraged -t-urd, another voice from the adolescent peanut gallery. if you can't speak intelligently on the issues or state true reasons why you think someone is wrong, you can always fall back on calling names like in elementary school. does your mom monitor your computor use? she should.
Mindless Little Men

Vallejo, CA

#9 Aug 17, 2010
Shut up Sam! Stop living in the past and get over yourself. You harp on about something that happened years ago and for one, you were just a sideline wannabe helper. You were not involved in any of the details of the project and injected yourself into the situation as a wannabe candidate. You need to get over the fact that you lost the race and now you are nothing but the grumbling sad sack that can't get over being out of the spotlight. You think everone can't see that this is about your personal vendetta? You think anyone really cares what you think and what your interpertation of any issue is? You are not going to change anything with your rantings. You are jealous that others have moved on and still involved with the city while you sit on the sidelines being laughed at by everyone. EVERYONE!

Get a life Sam and stop playing to the other mindless little men on these blogs. You must really be desperate for friends! And don't get it twisted, they hate you just as much as they hate others. You're just a foolish tool that they laugh about and use on these blogs. They pump you up to continue your run as village idiot and you gladly play along.
Mindless Little Men

Vallejo, CA

#10 Aug 17, 2010
Even Dirtier wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think, I know. Fatso and her loud mouth (c)unt friend Diana are always coming to complain to the chief about mean bloggers. Besides, if you're not one of those two trolls, you'll surely report back to them.
Well, Nicki Jr., get out of your dad's office and do some real police work and earn your pay. We all know thats why your always reporting about what your dad is doing. Less whining and more work would keep you out of the chief's business.
Reliable Source

Vallejo, CA

#11 Aug 17, 2010
And we all know Sam's "truth". Funny how he starts off with his "story" that always ends up with everything being all about him. Sorry Sam, your self promoting story is your version of the facts and those facts generally have very little to do with the truth. Stop hating and tearing down everything around you. If you are that miserable, why don't you pack up and move on.
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Derrick O'Keefe and I donated over 80 gallons of paint, several folding ladders and several paint sprayer/compressors, total worth, several thousand dollars, to the antil graffiti program two years ago. I'll never forget the day when that ungrateful
b a s t r d Tony Pearsall met Derrick and I at the paint shop on Mare Island that Pearsall's program uses to store their paint and equipment at. Pearsall acted like he was annoyed to have to show up, barely thanked us and Derick and I left thinking what an ungrateful P.O.S Pearsall was. Shortly after, I stopped volunteering my time to his program, which I had done religiously prior to this ocurring.
Pearsall also sat on the committee to have the Red Ribbon Mural on Tennesee Street restored and met with O'Keefe and I prior to us undertaking its restoration. After stating how much would be needed to complete the project, Maria Guevarra, fresh out of the Vallejo Leadership class, was apointed by Pearsall to oversee the project. Unbeknownst to Derrick and I, she told Pearsall she could get the mural done for half the cost we recommended to Pearsall and then squandered the money on $40.00 a gallon paint at Benjamin Moore on Tennessee Street because she was loyal to them as member of her efort to restore Tennessee Streets business image. As a result the project ran out of money, because WalMart and their $7.00 a gallon paint was a dirty word to them. There wasn't even money for drinking water for the volunteers, because Code enforcement Head Nimat-Shakoor-Grantham, who was assigned to administer the grant, refused to use any more of the money Erin Hannigan's employer, State Farm Insurance, had donated to the city for this very purpose. Out of the goodness of her heart, Hannigan and her daughter showed up at the mural site one day by surprise, with many cases of water Hannigan had bought and donated to them to the volunteers.
Guevarra also permitted minor aged volunteers, contrary to the original guidelines set forth at the meeting, to climb unsupervised to dangerous heights on the scafolding and to stand dangerously on the top of folding ladders. O'Keefe and I warned her many times that this was an accident waiting to happen and she never took our advice.
When O'Keefe and I spoke to Pearsall about the way the project was being mismanaged by Guevarra, he said he wasn't involved. How quick he was though to attend the re dedication ceremony and sign his name to the mural when it was completed.
Additionally, Pearsall's new wife, Stephanie Gomes (as in Vallejo City Council Member Gomes)-Pearsall, also never wrote a city wide mural ordinance which she promised to do, continually asking for more time, further dooming the future of the mural project and wasting the rest of the money by tying it up in red tape. This in addition to Grantham's misguided attempt to recruit Benicia High School students to paint a new mural in downtown Vallejo caused the mural program to fall apart and ended up with mural artist Derrick O'Keefe moving out of Vallejo in disgust.
If anyone doubts even one syllable of the validity, truth or accuracy of my words, speak to Derrick O'Keefe or Erin Hannigan, because try as some will definitely do, to discredit the version of this that I am describing, it is 100% truthful and accurate and is being written to illustrate how city management and city council members can blunder a simple project out of blind egotism even when city money isn't involved.
There was nothing in it for O'Keefe and I other than to donate our time to help beautify the city.
Reliable Source

Vallejo, CA

#12 Aug 17, 2010
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
b a s t r d Tony Pearsall met Derrick and I at the paint shop on Mare Island that Pearsall's program uses to store their paint and equipment at.
What a laugh! Another one of Sam's tales about another group he couldn't use for his own gain and so he spreads his usual hate soeak for everyone involved. And we all know Sam's "truth".(wink wink) Funny how he starts off with his "story" that always ends up with everything being all about Sam. Sorry Sam, your self promoting old news is your version of the facts and those facts generally have very little to do with the truth. Stop hating and tearing down everything around you. If you are that miserable, why don't you pack up and move on.
Same Old Song

Vallejo, CA

#13 Aug 17, 2010
Vallejo Native wrote:
Thank you Sam for opening our eyes. I had herd stories about Pearsall in the past, each time thinking wow is this guy really the
s c u m b a g people claim he is. I guess it's true. I also heard he was a corrupt cop on the take.
Sam praising Sam. Isn't that special! Sam, why don't you tell us about the time you got into a fight with a women at the mural painting event? Yes, yet another time that you displayed a lack of self control and disrupted the project with your drama! Or how you went online and threatened to "run her license plate" to have her investigated? Remember how you went on about the women supposedly stocking you? Or how about how you started talking about the people who volunteered to paint out graffiti and causing arguements because you tried to dictate what time they should show up and then called them names? Maybe that's the REAL reason you stop working with the group? Because you were more trouble than you were worth because of all of the conflicts you started and nobody wanted you around? Funny how the real story "paints" a different view of your participation.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 17, 2010
Dear VIB damage control person who uses a different name every time they post under their Vallejo ISP,

That crap just won't float.

There are too many witnesses who were involved who can easily corroborate my account. O'Keefe, his family who was present, Hannigan and more.

You said:

"And we all know Sam's "truth". Funny how he starts off with his "story" that always ends up with everything being all about him. Sorry Sam, your self promoting story is your version of the facts and those facts generally have very little to do with the truth. Stop hating and tearing down everything around you. If you are that miserable, why don't you pack up and move on."

It's most definitely not about me,it's about exposing the truth. VIB is a hateful group of malcontents whose sole mission is to divide the city. VIB was founded upon a personal vendetta against the IAFF and Kurt Henke by a group of angry, vengeful people who vowd not to reat until Henke was gone. YOu lied. Henke is gone and VIB has moved on to its next victim, the police and anyone who dars to confront them is labeled an angry turd, crazy or a liar.

This isn't a high school debating class where you can go head to head with me. I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose either. You can't intellectualize your way out of what I say by attempting to discrdit me with VIB propaganda interspersed with elementary school level taunts. It just won't work.

The more I reveal, more people open their ears and eyes and listen. They are the judge, not you.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 17, 2010
The only thing you can accuse me of being is a lousy typist.

LOL
Same Old Song

Vallejo, CA

#16 Aug 17, 2010
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Dear VIB damage control person who uses a different name every time they post under their Vallejo ISP,
There are too many witnesses who were involved who can easily corroborate my account. O'Keefe, his family who was present, Hannigan and more.
You said:
"And we all know Sam's "truth". Funny how he starts off with his "story" that always ends up with everything being all about him. Sorry Sam, your self promoting story is your version of the facts and those facts generally have very little to do with the truth. Stop hating and tearing down everything around you. If you are that miserable, why don't you pack up and move on."
It's most definitely not about me,it's about exposing the truth. VIB is a hateful group of malcontents whose sole mission is to divide the city. VIB was founded upon a personal vendetta against the IAFF and Kurt Henke by a group of angry, vengeful people who vowd not to reat until Henke was gone. YOu lied. Henke is gone and VIB has moved on to its next victim, the police and anyone who dars to confront them is labeled an angry ****, crazy or a liar.
This isn't a high school debating class where you can go head to head with me. I have nothing to gain and nothing to lose either. You can't intellectualize your way out of what I say by attempting to discrdit me with VIB propaganda interspersed with elementary school level taunts. It just won't work.
The more I reveal, more people open their ears and eyes and listen. They are the judge, not you.
Yeah, you betcha Sam. You keep living that fantasy, thinking that people take you seriously. Your importance only exists in you mind Sam. Everything you have posted about has been things that you have done and anyone who has read your rantings remembers your anti-henke/anti-police tirade. Oh yeah, I forgot. You changed your mind and flip flopped over to the self righteous side! Hahahahahahaha! Thanks for the morning laugh.

by the way, you can't take credit away from something that had no credibilty to begin with. Your "reveal" is lost somewhere between your delusions and stories out of the National Inquirer.
I See

Vallejo, CA

#17 Aug 17, 2010
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
You said:
It's most definitely not about me,it's about exposing the truth. VIB is a hateful group of malcontents whose sole mission is to divide the city. VIB was founded upon a personal vendetta against the IAFF and Kurt Henke by a group of angry, vengeful people who vowd not to reat until Henke was gone. YOu lied. Henke is gone and VIB has moved on to its next victim, the police and anyone who dars to confront them is labeled an angry ****, crazy or a liar.
There is a pattern emerging here.

Sam joins group.
Sam tries to run things so that he can look important.
Sam causes conflict within the group.
Sam brings drama to the project.
People want Sam gone.
Sam bad mouths everyone involved in the project.

Then, Sam brings up the same issues over and over and over again because Sam is mad that he can't play.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#18 Aug 17, 2010
Samuel Kurshan wrote:
Sam, reveal vibers in categories - lgbtq, rednecks, racists - ok?
Also, no vib response to 9th court appeals blocking same-sex?
Hmmmm

Vallejo, CA

#19 Aug 17, 2010
Isn't this the same tale that Glitterdome has been posting here? So now we see that Glitterdome is yet another name that Sam uses to post under.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 17, 2010
Nope, Glitterdome is O'Keefe's wife.

Give up already. You can not debunk a word of what I say with your transparent VIB rhetoric. I speak 100% truth. Deal with it!
getalifesam

Vallejo, CA

#21 Aug 17, 2010
truth is relative, sam. you only speak the truth as seen through a very distorted lens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man suspected of bizarre Vallejo kidnapping tha... 2 hr lux 21
Anzell Lofas protests Sister City trip costs 2 hr real sammie 99
Bay Area Black Expo promotes local businesses, ... 14 hr black lives matter 21
Hospital Cover Up of 53 Crimes (Jan '13) 15 hr Lino 11
27year old man sexy looking for some kinky fun ... 21 hr JustCallMeFun 3
News Two dead, one critically injured in apparent mu... Wed U Make Me Sick 24
News Two teens arrested in Vallejo after chase in st... Wed anonymous 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinez Mortgages