Pacheco man pleads not guilty to child sex charges

Apr 27, 2012 Full story: Contra Costa Times 22

Ralph Alan Dell, 33, entered his plea Thursday in response to two felony counts alleging sex acts with a child under 10 years old, according to court records.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Henry

Walnut Creek, CA

#1 Apr 29, 2012
Dell remains in County Jail in Martinez, where he is being held on $1.2 million bail. His attorney, Ernest Castillo, said the case is "overcharged" and chalked the accusations against his client as a misunderstanding.

"My client feels bad about this situation. We think it's an overreaction to an innocent situation," Castillo said. "Mr. Dell is not a child molester at all."

Its always a miss understanding , famous words always used by an attorney. makes me sick !
Mary

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Apr 29, 2012
Dell remains in County Jail in Martinez, where he is being held on $1.2 million bail. His attorney, Ernest Castillo, said the case is "overcharged" and chalked the accusations against his client as a misunderstanding.

"My client feels bad about this situation. We think it's an overreaction to an innocent situation," Castillo said. "Mr. Dell is not a child molester at all."

Its always a miss understanding famous words from an attorney that makes me sick.. pretty high bail I would Imagine they wouldnt be holding him if it was a innocent situation, please people, lets keep these sick people off the streets!!
J Q Public

Concord, CA

#3 May 3, 2012
We have a little thing called the Constitution and it states the a man is presumed Innocent until proven guilty. It makes me sick that a man's good name can be drug through the mud and then we find out later that it was a misunderstanding I am confident Ralph will be exonerated and we can only hope that it is as big of a story as the charges were Ralph we will keep you in our prayers
pacheco buisness owner

Walnut Creek, CA

#4 May 7, 2012
"I am confident Ralph will be exonerated and we can only hope that it is as big of a story as the charges were Ralph we will keep you in our prayers " prayers dont fix this sorta stuff in my opinion..

Its what the Christian faith calls "sodomy". all the sins are wrong, they're all punishable and morally repulsive.

Mark 9:42

"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea."

Matthew 18:6

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Source(s):

The Holy Bible
J Q Public

Concord, CA

#5 May 8, 2012
Judge not lest ye be judged. Mat 7:1 It is a good thing he will be tried by a court of law not by lynch mob mentality. I will say it again, I am confident Ralph will be exonerated. Until he is found guilty by a jury of his peers, he is presumed innocent. I am one that believes he is innocent until there is proof to show otherwise. As for prayer, you are obviously not a believer or you would know that prayer can work miracles, it can help those in any kind of need. I pray that the truth is what is found and that all of those involved in this find comfort in the Lord.
been there

Walnut Creek, CA

#6 May 14, 2012
"We hope Ralph Dell has people in prison inappropriately touch him during his extended vacation behind bars." this had happened to our child also. The man ( pervert ) now convicted 25 years to life, but plead not guilty in the begining...... the facts are the facts .
MyTwoCents

United States

#7 May 16, 2012
I'm sure if this Ralph Character.....perfect name because this story makes me wanna Ralph up my breakfast. These child molesters should be put in general population Not in protective custody! They are little cowards that after the guilt where's off think they commited no crime.But they are to scared to be with the other inmates, like I said cowards that prey on our children. This also has happened to my child. The man was convicted and is in Pelican Bay for 20 years. The same attorney ernest Castillo represented in our case He is just as sick for trying to protect these monsters.
PC15 fighter

United States

#8 May 16, 2012
Justice will be served it always is !
Amen

Martinez, CA

#9 Jan 31, 2014
J Q Public wrote:
We have a little thing called the Constitution and it states the a man is presumed Innocent until proven guilty. It makes me sick that a man's good name can be drug through the mud and then we find out later that it was a misunderstanding I am confident Ralph will be exonerated and we can only hope that it is as big of a story as the charges were Ralph we will keep you in our prayers
Thank you for saying that. I hate that Ralph's name is in the news before a conviction. This isn't fair. Ralph is a GREAT man and a GREAT father.... he's stronger than this and you'll all see. God Bless.
Amen

Martinez, CA

#10 Jan 31, 2014
been there wrote:
"We hope Ralph Dell has people in prison inappropriately touch him during his extended vacation behind bars." this had happened to our child also. The man ( pervert ) now convicted 25 years to life, but plead not guilty in the begining...... the facts are the facts .
Your lack of logic and compassion is incredible... but not as incredible as your stupidity. You yourself are a victim of this horrible act, yet you wish it upon others? Get an education and/or a life you sorry maget.
Thank You

Concord, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2014
I have known Ralph my whole life. He was my role model, hero and basically my best friend. He made a mistake. He is not some man who had malicious intent at heart. I know for a fact Ralph is not the man all these people are making him out to be. Yes he made a big mistake. But unless you know the full story, I would greatly appreciate if you wouldn't put him in a box with every other sex offender in the world, because unless you know the entire story, you have absolutely no right to say anything. Thank you.
Thank You

Concord, CA

#12 Apr 29, 2014
pacheco buisness owner wrote:
"I am confident Ralph will be exonerated and we can only hope that it is as big of a story as the charges were Ralph we will keep you in our prayers " prayers dont fix this sorta stuff in my opinion..
Its what the Christian faith calls "sodomy". all the sins are wrong, they're all punishable and morally repulsive.
Mark 9:42
"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea."
Matthew 18:6
"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
Source(s):
The Holy Bible
How dare you use the bible to judge someone you've never met. You know absolutely nothing about the situation, and if you truly are a believer in Christ and the Bible then you would know that you have no place to judge. That's God's job. Not yours.
Thank You

Concord, CA

#13 Apr 29, 2014
been there wrote:
"We hope Ralph Dell has people in prison inappropriately touch him during his extended vacation behind bars." this had happened to our child also. The man ( pervert ) now convicted 25 years to life, but plead not guilty in the begining...... the facts are the facts .
I can't believe you would even say that. It scares me to think there are people like you out there. Ralph is my dad so I would greatly appreciate you watching what you say about him. I don't take lightly to people saying these kind of things about my father.
Who are you to judge

Concord, CA

#14 Jun 16, 2014
been there wrote:
"We hope Ralph Dell has people in prison inappropriately touch him during his extended vacation behind bars." this had happened to our child also. The man ( pervert ) now convicted 25 years to life, but plead not guilty in the begining...... the facts are the facts .
The fact that you wish harm on anyone shows you are evil hearted person. We're you there when the incident happened? Didn't think so! Do you have all the facts? Didn't think so! So quit saying facts are facts when you have none. Sorry this happened to your child, but not all situations are the same. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror...what kind of person are you to say you wish bad things on other people you know nothing about. Great and perfect person you are....
IDIOTS

Pittsburg, CA

#15 Jun 17, 2014
RALPH IS A SICK MAN AND I WISH HIM THE WORST. HE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO PAY FOR BEING A MONSTER. HE WOULD BE AS GOOD AS DEAD IN GENERAL POPULATION AND THAT'S WHY THE COUNTY JAIL SEGREGATES HIM AGAINST HIS WILL. I JUST GOT OUT OF CUSTODY. I WAS IN MARTINEZ COUNTY JAIL FOR 7 MONTHS FOR BURGLARY AND SAW A SEX OFFENDER GET NEARLY BEATEN TO DEATH WHEN HE WAS ERRONEOUSLY HOUSED WITH US IN GENERAL POPULATION. BUT HEY, YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE DEFENDING RALPH ARE IGNORANT, NAIVE, AND JUST PLAIN STUPID. I FEEL YOU JUST AS SICK AND CULPABLE. GO TO HELL. I HOPE RALPH IS MISERABLE RIGHT NOW IN CUSTODY. HE IS PROBABLY ON "E" MODULE IN THE MAIN JAIL. THAT'S THE P.C. CUSTODY MODULE. THAT'S A TERRIBLE, COLD, DARK PLACE WITH NO OPENING WINDOWS AND THEY ARE LOCKED IN CELLS 22 HRS A DAY AND EAT, SHIT AND PISS IN THERE. THEY ARE LET OUT ONLY FROM 7AM - 8AM AND THEN AGAIN FROM 11AM - 12PM AND THAT'S IT FOR THE DAY. SUCKS FOR RALPHY BOY. "HE WAS ASLEEP" MY ASS! GOD DAMN LIAR. THERE IS NO PRAYER FOR A MAN OF THIS CALIBER.
IDIOTS

Pittsburg, CA

#16 Jun 17, 2014
I don't want to hear how we shouldn't be so quick to pass judgement on this man until we "know the facts" because we DO know the facts DAMN IT! It's public knowledge and plain and simple. Even Ralph's attorney admitted it. The fact is that Ralph penetrated this innocent little girl and it was against her will. PERIOD! Plain and simple. Nothing else matters because there is NO excuse that makes this justifiable. Ralph is therefore GUILTY and SICK and is going to prison and he will be down for several years but he had it coming. End of story. Next case.
Who are you to judge

Concord, CA

#17 Jun 17, 2014
IDIOTS wrote:
RALPH IS A SICK MAN AND I WISH HIM THE WORST. HE WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND IT'S TIME FOR HIM TO PAY FOR BEING A MONSTER. HE WOULD BE AS GOOD AS DEAD IN GENERAL POPULATION AND THAT'S WHY THE COUNTY JAIL SEGREGATES HIM AGAINST HIS WILL. I JUST GOT OUT OF CUSTODY. I WAS IN MARTINEZ COUNTY JAIL FOR 7 MONTHS FOR BURGLARY AND SAW A SEX OFFENDER GET NEARLY BEATEN TO DEATH WHEN HE WAS ERRONEOUSLY HOUSED WITH US IN GENERAL POPULATION. BUT HEY, YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE DEFENDING RALPH ARE IGNORANT, NAIVE, AND JUST PLAIN STUPID. I FEEL YOU JUST AS SICK AND CULPABLE. GO TO HELL. I HOPE RALPH IS MISERABLE RIGHT NOW IN CUSTODY. HE IS PROBABLY ON "E" MODULE IN THE MAIN JAIL. THAT'S THE P.C. CUSTODY MODULE. THAT'S A TERRIBLE, COLD, DARK PLACE WITH NO OPENING WINDOWS AND THEY ARE LOCKED IN CELLS 22 HRS A DAY AND EAT, SHIT AND PISS IN THERE. THEY ARE LET OUT ONLY FROM 7AM - 8AM AND THEN AGAIN FROM 11AM - 12PM AND THAT'S IT FOR THE DAY. SUCKS FOR RALPHY BOY. "HE WAS ASLEEP" MY ASS! GOD DAMN LIAR. THERE IS NO PRAYER FOR A MAN OF THIS CALIBER.
You were in jail for burglary...so you steal from other hard working innocent people...get a life and a job...quit judging everyone else and worry about your self
Who are you to judge

Concord, CA

#18 Jun 17, 2014
You people feel good about yourself bashing this man for his innocent child to read.
IDIOTS

San Jose, CA

#19 Jun 18, 2014
Correct! I do indeed feel great about publicly "bashing" this man for his children and all others to be able to freely read these unedited and raw posts that keep shit real and are not sugarcoated. It is what it is and the community has a right to have access to the true facts and any and all other information or opinions surrounding this case. That's why these blogs and message boards are here to post on like this. Thank God for the freedom of speech and access to the internet. This case became the public's business and our concern when Mr. Dell decided to intentionally and unlawfully commit forcible sexual assault on the child in question in this case, violating several penal code sections that apply to us all. Consequently, Mr. Dell forfeited his reasonable expectation to privacy and his right to freely live among the rest of us in society the day he mercilessly victimized that helpless child and now he shall be held accountable by his peers in the community and must answer for his crimes. There is no known place anywhere within the world for a child molester. God clearly confirms this for us all in the bible. Even though there is no prayer for Mr. Dell due to the unforgivable and unspeakable nature of his crimes, he should still pick up and read the bible in an effort to find peace within himself. He will need it, as he is on the brink of a long, torturous, and painful journey through the prison system, which will offer him anything but peace. At the same time, one can only hope that the victim is able to find peace in knowing that her attacker will be locked down and slowly suffering within the merciless prison system for years to come and will not be able to hurt anyone else.
sick

Walnut Creek, CA

#20 Jul 10, 2014
It is disgusting to read all of this. Disgusting to see people in support of a monster. Asleep? Did the little girl not say that HE ASKED HER IF IT HURT? How does one ask that while asleep not knowing what he was doing? Disgusting he won't end up with a life sentence. Disgusting a man who was trusted touched not just anyone, but his niece?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 5 min big meech 16,010
THIZZ Nation gets busted (Apr '12) 2 hr Mr Valentine 370
Citizens for Vallejo group endorses Worel and L... 3 hr fred 27
Topix is Against the First Amendment 5 hr Jimmy 15
Reflect on the good times in Vallejo past & pre... (Oct '08) 5 hr BigDaddy 941
ebola 6 hr Wanglow 3
Caltrans cancels nighttime Highway 37 closures 9 hr heads will roll 3

Martinez News Video

Martinez Jobs

Martinez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martinez News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martinez

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]