Woman cleans up house after Vallejo p...

Woman cleans up house after Vallejo police standoff

Posted in the Martinez Forum

Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#1 Mar 23, 2013
Woman cleans up house after Vallejo police standoff
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_22855455/...

Brenda Lee Williams had been in her living room Wednesday watching television when all hell broke loose.

"The next thing I know, I heard the P.A.,'Occupants of 1330 Sutter (St.), come out with your hands up,'" Williams said Friday as she surveyed the damage to her home of nearly 50 years.

Much to William's horror, the pink house with the white latticework at Sutter and Illinois streets became the site of a nearly four-hour standoff Wednesday between police and William "Billy" Heinze, 42.

Hours after it began, Heinze was found dead inside the house, and police have not yet said whether he died of self-inflicted wounds or from those received during a fire fight with police.

Heinze was a friend of Williams and her live-in boyfriend, Jesse Cain, who Heinze called "pops," Williams said.

"He'd come over here and help out and work on the car and cut the yard," Cain said.

On Wednesday, Heinze called Cain and asked if he could come over. He had gotten into a fight with his girlfriend and was upset, Williams said. Cain readily agreed and met the man outside while Williams continued to watch TV.

That's when she heard screaming.

It is unclear who was shouting at the time, but witnesses called 911 to describe a man pointing a rifle or shotgun at people in the street, police said.

When officers arrived, Heinze retreated into Williams' house.

"When I came out, Billy ran in," Williams said, noting that she wasn't wearing any shoes at the time.

She and Cain were taken to the police station, while Heinze barricaded himself inside the house, Williams said.

What followed was the tense standoff between police and Heinze. Officers repeatedly tried to coax Heinze out of the house on his phone and through a loudspeaker.

Police said Heinze began making demands and threatened to shoot and kill people if his demands were not met. About an hour into the standoff, Heinze jammed his shotgun through the front window pane and

Brenda Lee Williams talks about the damage done to her house during a police shootout on Wednesday. Williams was concerned because she was unable to find blood, a chalk outline or any evidence that William Heinze had been killed in her home.(Chris Riley/Times-Herald)
pointed it at officers, police said.

That's when officers opened fire.

It's unclear of Heinze shot at officers, or if the officers' rounds struck Heinze. With help from other agencies, including the Solano Sheriff SWAT Team, police later fired tear gas into the home.

To prepare for officers to enter, the SWAT team used an armored vehicle to plow through Williams' fence, crushing her rose bush and destroying the wooden steps to her front porch. The officers also tore down the latticework surrounding the wraparound porch.

Before they could enter, SWAT team members looking through the window noticed Heinze down inside the house, with a shotgun next to him.

He was dead, apparently of gunshot wounds.

"He wasn't a bad person. He had his issues, just like everybody else," said Williams, who along with Cain spent much of the incident at the Vallejo Police Department with the police chaplain.

Three officers who were involved in the shooting have been placed on paid administrative leave pending a departmental review, police said.

Police released Williams' house to her early Thursday morning. As officers continue to investigate the incident, Williams said she was angry at the damage done to her home.

"Why did they tear my house up on the side? I ain't got no steps," Williams said, noting that before Wednesday she had sealed all the entrances to her house for safety reasons except for the front door.
Wanglow

Vallejo, CA

#2 Mar 23, 2013
This old bag should be charged for harboring a known criminal. No doubt she'll get some low-life schyster to sue for a million dollars.
eric holder

Hayward, CA

#3 Mar 23, 2013
" he wasn't a bad person, he had issues" quote of the year, thanks for the laugh
bean counter

Hayward, CA

#4 Mar 23, 2013
the democrats dumped approx. 700 of these scumbags "with issues" in Vallejo, so at the rate of one a day , it will take the VPD approx. two years to clean up the mess, thanks VPD in advance !
Working on OT today

Vallejo, CA

#5 Mar 23, 2013
I love it that Vallejo actually wants more of societies misfits so they will not congregate in my community.
uts

Vallejo, CA

#6 Mar 23, 2013
That is a nice car in the driveway. Ill rebuild the lattice for trade.
Ugly Hag Sam in a Muumuu

Vallejo, CA

#7 Mar 23, 2013
uts wrote:
That is a nice car in the driveway. Ill rebuild the lattice for trade.
I will wash your mouth with soap for having foul thoughts
UTS aka Up the Sammie
JD Miller Hungover Again

Vallejo, CA

#8 Mar 23, 2013
LOL!
voters dumped schivley

Vallejo, CA

#9 Mar 23, 2013
Working on OT today wrote:
I love it that Vallejo actually wants more of societies misfits so they will not congregate in my community.
you're welcome!
uts

Vallejo, CA

#10 Mar 23, 2013
Ugly Hag Sam in a Muumuu wrote:
<quoted text>
I will wash your mouth with soap for having foul thoughts
UTS aka Up the Sammie
Yeah? Why dont you wash my eyes out also while your at it. Ive seen to much foul sights around town lately.
uts

Vallejo, CA

#11 Mar 23, 2013
voters dumped schivley wrote:
<quoted text>you're welcome!
We call that "culture" around here.
Ugly Hag Sam in a Muumuu

Vallejo, CA

#12 Mar 23, 2013
uts wrote:
<quoted text>We call that "culture" around here.
You are a twisted turd

UTS aka Up The Sammie
uts

Vallejo, CA

#13 Mar 23, 2013
Ugly Hag Sam in a Muumuu wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a twisted turd
UTS aka Up The Sammie
thank you
ima axe you

Vallejo, CA

#14 Mar 23, 2013
was pearsall driving the armored vehicle that crashed through the fence and took out the front steps?
Raylynn

Richmond, CA

#15 Apr 2, 2013
You know u gus are people who have nothing better to do with your ow foul lives to sit around and talk about people whom you know nothing about .you ought watch ur mouths cause god dont like ugly and aint to keen on cute!!

IF HE WANTED TO HARM ANYONE HE WOULD HAVE TRUST ME

And second about the lady who ownes the home u know nothing about her either she lived there for over 50 years and never had any trouble you never know the best people whom u have known for years can all of a sudden do things you never thought they would so i say to you GET A FUCKING LIFE and pray one of your family members dont flip one day
Brenda Lee Williams

Richmond, CA

#16 Apr 2, 2013
Check this out folks I own 1830 Sutter St. Yeap its mine and has been for 50= years. If you knew what and whom you were talking about then you would have known my name and who lived in the house. you need to get your facts straight cause he definetly DID NOT LIVE AT MY HOUSE!! YOU HEAR ME HE DID NOT LIVE @ MY HOUSE. Imagine it could be you one day so if I were you I would keep my mouth shut about people you dont have a clue about who they are.
Brenda Lee Williams

Richmond, CA

#17 Apr 2, 2013
Wanglow wrote:
This old bag should be charged for harboring a known criminal. No doubt she'll get some low-life schyster to sue for a million dollars.
From the owner of the house you got your nerve I wasnt even in my house when this happened cause the police told me to come outside and thats when he ran in dumbass.
Grim Reaper

Vacaville, CA

#18 Apr 2, 2013
I have a new guest. I will make him feel warm down here where he belongs. One less POS on welfare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AP Exclusive: Most sex offender parolees exempt... (Dec '15) 1 hr Patty 5
a dreamer and you're dead 1 hr history 12
News New food, fund-raising platform launches in Val... 1 hr Sam Paid Me Off 9
On The Fringe opens original piece at Vallejo’s... 22 hr lock her up2020 4
News Vallejo files lawsuit to block cannabis initiative Sat the digger 5
News Womena s March Vallejo: A show of support Fri what else ya got 4
News Justices strike down Contra Costa family court ... (Aug '07) Jan '18 Willze1958_ 84

Martinez Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martinez Mortgages