Aging well

There are 31 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Aging well. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

It's late Friday afternoon. By the time you read this, Bernie Freedman will have turned 94.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Who Cares

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2011
Hey Freedman, congradulate your Dad on 94. Now.....who gives a (s)hit about your father's age? Man cant you come up with ANYTHING? Get a job you can handle.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 21, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
Hey Freedman, congradulate your Dad on 94. Now.....who gives a (s)hit about your father's age? Man cant you come up with ANYTHING? Get a job you can handle.
I give a schit. Anyone who can survive life past 75 has my congratulations. I'm still remembering the days where American society honored their elderly and when the family was the best social safety net. No longer. Seems that too many folks can't even see to the up bringing of their own kids anymore. "Let the government do it" they say.

My own Dad, who passed away in June at the age of 85, used to tell us, "when the American family unit craps out, then American society itself will crap out. The family is the back bone of society."

I agree, therefore, I give a schit.

Since: Aug 10

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
Somebody piss in your weaties this morning or what???

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2011
Fred in Vacaville wrote:
<quoted text>I give a schit. Anyone who can survive life past 75 has my congratulations. I'm still remembering the days where American society honored their elderly and when the family was the best social safety net. No longer. Seems that too many folks can't even see to the up bringing of their own kids anymore. "Let the government do it" they say.
My own Dad, who passed away in June at the age of 85, used to tell us, "when the American family unit craps out, then American society itself will crap out. The family is the back bone of society."
Nice post Fred, and good to see that you're still hanging around.
Max

Vacaville, CA

#6 Nov 21, 2011
Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dad was a wise man.
Too bad you are an idiot^^^^^

“<3”

Since: Jun 10

Black Rock City, NV

#7 Nov 21, 2011
Why doesn't anyone turn you in? You ruin this thread and someone will. I guarantee it. Already your posts changing peoples posts IS getting turned in.
Max wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Nov 21, 2011
Max wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite certain that you are not the "Maximus Vacavillius" that used to post here. Although many will disagree with me, he had too much class to be a troll.

I strongly suggest you find a hobby outside of Internet Web based forums in which you can direct your intellectual interests and frustrations at.

All the best,

FinVV
Max

Vacaville, CA

#9 Nov 21, 2011
Fred in Vacaville wrote:
<quoted text>I am quite certain that you are not the "Maximus Vacavillius" that used to post here. Although many will disagree with me, he had too much class to be a troll.
I strongly suggest you find a hobby outside of Internet Web based forums in which you can direct your intellectual interests and frustrations at.
All the best,
FinVV
That young lad calling himself "Max" has a long way to go to represent the name. Keen eye so late in the afternoon Fred.

San Jose, CA

#10 Nov 22, 2011
Fred in Vacaville wrote:
<quoted text>I am quite certain that you are not the "Maximus Vacavillius" that used to post here. Although many will disagree with me, he had too much class to be a troll.
All the best,
FinVV
You're correct Fred. Although the original "Max" does still post the childish 8th grade garbage I'm pretty sure is not him.

San Jose, CA

#11 Nov 22, 2011
Sorry, should read: does still post,
Max

Vacaville, CA

#12 Nov 22, 2011
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct Fred. Although the original "Max" does still post the childish 8th grade garbage I'm pretty sure is not him.
I have no choice, a writer must present at the level in which his audience can comprehend the message...Bob.

“<3”

Black Rock City, NV

#13 Nov 22, 2011
Ha, you are no writer. Does that include Christmas Tree topper stories and trolling the women relentlessly? Jerk.
Max wrote:
<quoted text>I have no choice, a writer must present at the level in which his audience can comprehend the message...Bob.
Max

Vacaville, CA

#14 Nov 22, 2011
Granny Loves America wrote:
Ha, you are no writer. Does that include Christmas Tree topper stories and trolling the women relentlessly? Jerk. <quoted text>
I don't know, it depends on the audience...Leah.

“<3”

Black Rock City, NV

#15 Nov 22, 2011
What? Toad. I still think you're the giant garden Chrome dome gnome. FAAQ.
Max wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know, it depends on the audience...Leah.
Max

Vacaville, CA

#16 Nov 22, 2011
So what.

When the public sees that Christmas Tree on Main Street beginning next week, and looks on top of it, who do you think everyone sees? How is that "angel" attached to that big beautiful tree?

I'll have to ask some one Public Works, they'd know.

San Jose, CA

#17 Nov 22, 2011
Max wrote:
<quoted text>I have no choice, a writer must present at the level in which his audience can comprehend the message...Bob.
How 'bout you just sign in so we know for sure when it's you and maybe the 12 year olds will simply go away.

Oh wait, that still doesn't work since you do have a history of posting under multiple names anyway.
Max

Vacaville, CA

#18 Nov 22, 2011
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout you just sign in so we know for sure when it's you and maybe the 12 year olds will simply go away.
Oh wait, that still doesn't work since you do have a history of posting under multiple names anyway.
Yuck yuck yuck. I'll give your request all the consideration it is due.

“<3”

Black Rock City, NV

#19 Nov 22, 2011
Sign in
Max wrote:
So what.
When the public sees that Christmas Tree on Main Street beginning next week, and looks on top of it, who do you think everyone sees? How is that "angel" attached to that big beautiful tree?
I'll have to ask some one Public Works, they'd know.
Blueberry

Vacaville, CA

#20 Nov 22, 2011
Fred in Vacaville wrote:
<quoted text>I give a schit. Anyone who can survive life past 75 has my congratulations. I'm still remembering the days where American society honored their elderly and when the family was the best social safety net. No longer. Seems that too many folks can't even see to the up bringing of their own kids anymore. "Let the government do it" they say.
Well said, Fred. What your father said is absolutely right, and it's what I've been grousing about after undergoing a study in multiculturalism. We Americans are all so arrogantly proud of ourselves and have contempt for the filthy Third World communities who actually care for their aged. And then there are the Chinese, whose elderly remain the heads of households until death, and they even manage to have a healthy economy to boot!
Max

Vacaville, CA

#23 Nov 22, 2011
Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>A good writer just writes correctly and doesn't worry if the lesser intelligent can understand. If you had a higher than eight grade mentality you would know that.
I see. So writers of childrens books should just write and never mind who is reading the book.

I can tell you don't have a GED, your naive reasoning is glaring.

I stand by my assertion that good writing is at the level of the audience. For you it would be a very challenging task for a writer to find simple words and sentences that would fit your ability to comprehend.

Detailing my credentials for you here wouldn't mean anything because regardless of my accomplishments, many that the are, you'd just jealously sneer at them making up assassin insults to stroke your ego.

You may have the last word, and I'd bet a dollar you will use "dumbass" and/or "dummy." It's just your style; the low road fits you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martinez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill seeks supermajority for local bonds, speci... 25 min Anonymous 1
County gives Solano360 developer 4th extension 41 min Anonymous 1
Vallejo City Council spends $60,000 for repair ... 43 min Anonymous 1
Solano businesses can now file property stateme... 46 min Anonymous 1
County OKs facilities analysis, improvements pl... 48 min Anonymous 1
Whistleblowers claim Bay Area air quality group... 48 min Anonymous 1
Council agrees to lease Vallejo's fiber network 49 min Anonymous 1

Martinez Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance