shepard's field church "a cult" or "not a cult"

Posted in the Martin Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
help

Belmont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 13, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I also know for a fact that other churches receive call from people wanting help and they send them to shepherd's field. Including those churches in building programs and new buildings. And shepherd's field always helps all they can. Their "big building" is nothing compared to others in the area.
getalife

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 14, 2011
 
It is not a christian church and he is not a christian man. My niece went there, she is black, and she is gay. She had been going for a while, when one evening, he called her home and basically said that people were complaining of her being there. Needles to say, she went back, and on that day, she went to the front to accept the Lord into her life. She wanted to also be baptised. The so called pastor there, called my niece and told her again that she wasn't welcome. What kinda of person does that?
Proudnonchristia n

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Shepherd's Field is not a cult. The Occult, which is the proper terminology does not support any group out to take money from poor people. If you would use your bible the "christian bible" which was written by man 300 years after the death and zombie resurrection of Jesus, you would know that when he died for your sins that you don't need a church anymore. You don't need a preacher telling you what to believe. You have the ability to read it yourself. You can also pray on your own. The fact that any "christians" go to church anymore and pay in to the garbage is hilarious. The curtains were torn at the levite temples on the day Jesus died. This symbolized the fact that you can have a personal relationship with your god! YOU ARE PAYING MONEY INTO AN INSTITUTION THAT YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR!- I know all of this and I'm not even christian. read a bible.- yours truly (proudnonchristian) and before you say that you should fellowship with other christian people and that is the reasoning for church. Invite your christian friends over, eat some chicken and have a bible study. You actually reading it would be ten times more effective than listen to a guy yell and run around in front of you acting like an idiot.
help

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

getalife wrote:
It is not a christian church and he is not a christian man. My niece went there, she is black, and she is gay. She had been going for a while, when one evening, he called her home and basically said that people were complaining of her being there. Needles to say, she went back, and on that day, she went to the front to accept the Lord into her life. She wanted to also be baptised. The so called pastor there, called my niece and told her again that she wasn't welcome. What kinda of person does that?
NotTrue, if your niece did not display her lesbian actions in the church should would be welcome. She also would have been baptized anytime she liked if she accepted Christ and turned from her previous sin. If she wanted to stay in her lesbian affair then she didn't need to be baptized and did not need to participate in leadership programs. As far as coming she can come anytime she likes, but with no public display of affection. I applaude the pastor for rreaching out to her and showing her a biblical way of living. Apparently she didn't lke that and couldn't abide by some simple request and chose not to come back.
suprise

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
May 14, 2011
 
You do need the church and you are a good example as to why. Just not sure it's shepherd's field
joe

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
May 14, 2011
 
I've never been to shepard's field so i really don't know. but i do know a few people who have gone there as a guest of a member and they say they did feel uncomfortable there. but some of them would probably be uncomfortable in any church. but i do think that the members of shepard's field need to look at this thread. this is some of the communtiy your church is supposed to be part of. and if that community has these many misconseptions of your church, then maybe you should try and reach out to the communtiy. and not all cults are bad. christianity was once considered a judaish cult.
member

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
May 14, 2011
 
joe wrote:
I've never been to shepard's field so i really don't know. but i do know a few people who have gone there as a guest of a member and they say they did feel uncomfortable there. but some of them would probably be uncomfortable in any church. but i do think that the members of shepard's field need to look at this thread. this is some of the communtiy your church is supposed to be part of. and if that community has these many misconseptions of your church, then maybe you should try and reach out to the communtiy. and not all cults are bad. christianity was once considered a judaish cult.
Any non-christian or atheist will have a misconception of a church. Based on the posts on this thread I think it's safe to say there have been more posts from the atheists and non-Christians so far...
heaven

Rutherfordton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
May 14, 2011
 
who art thy father?
joe

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
May 14, 2011
 
member wrote:
<quoted text>
Any non-christian or atheist will have a misconception of a church. Based on the posts on this thread I think it's safe to say there have been more posts from the atheists and non-Christians so far...
I don't really think that everyone critical is an athiest or a nonchristian. this is still the bible belt and i do believe that 99.9% of the people around here are either practicing church goers or grew up in such a household. in other words, most people here have been to church before and have a pretty good idea about what goes on there.
IKnow

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Proudnonchristian wrote:
Shepherd's Field is not a cult. The Occult, which is the proper terminology does not support any group out to take money from poor people. If you would use your bible the "christian bible" which was written by man 300 years after the death and zombie resurrection of Jesus, you would know that when he died for your sins that you don't need a church anymore. You don't need a preacher telling you what to believe. You have the ability to read it yourself. You can also pray on your own. The fact that any "christians" go to church anymore and pay in to the garbage is hilarious. The curtains were torn at the levite temples on the day Jesus died. This symbolized the fact that you can have a personal relationship with your god! YOU ARE PAYING MONEY INTO AN INSTITUTION THAT YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR!- I know all of this and I'm not even christian. read a bible.- yours truly (proudnonchristian) and before you say that you should fellowship with other christian people and that is the reasoning for church. Invite your christian friends over, eat some chicken and have a bible study. You actually reading it would be ten times more effective than listen to a guy yell and run around in front of you acting like an idiot.
Cult and Occult are two completely different things, trust me!
Concerned

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Obviously I can see there r no true christians here speaking.If that is what you call yourself then SHAME ON YOU....THE LORD SAID AS YOU JUDGE SO SHALL YOU BE JUDGED...AMEN.
shame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
May 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

What's really a shame is that neither the accusing or members are proud enough to use their own name. I could care less either way but from the outside looking in neither side can be believed because of that.
Proudnonchristia n

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
May 14, 2011
 
Shepherd's Field is not a cult. The Occult, which is the proper terminology does not support any group out to take money from poor people. If you would use your bible the "christian bible" which was written by man 300 years after the death and zombie resurrection of Jesus, you would know that when he died for your sins that you don't need a church anymore. You don't need a preacher telling you what to believe. You have the ability to read it yourself. You can also pray on your own. The fact that any "christians" go to church anymore and pay in to the garbage is hilarious. The curtains were torn at the levite temples on the day Jesus died. This symbolized the fact that you can have a personal relationship with your god! YOU ARE PAYING MONEY INTO AN INSTITUTION THAT YOU HAVE NO NEED FOR!- I know all of this and I'm not even christian. read a bible.- yours truly (proudnonchristian) and before you say that you should fellowship with other christian people and that is the reasoning for church. Invite your christian friends over, eat some chicken and have a bible study. You actually reading it would be ten times more effective than listen to a guy yell and run around in front of you acting like an idiot.
Proudnonchristia n

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
May 15, 2011
 
suprise wrote:
You do need the church and you are a good example as to why. Just not sure it's shepherd's field
If you were responding to me....... you failed horribly...... you can't even back up your statement as to why I "need" the church. I apologize for knowing the truth about yours and my religion.- Thanks -

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
May 15, 2011
 
suprise wrote:
You do need the church and you are a good example as to why. Just not sure it's shepherd's field
You are a good example as to why people are turned off by church and want no affiliation with it. Who are you?? To make such a condescending remark and judgemental analysis you must be someone?! Perhaps God has put you in charge of separating the wheat from the tare...i think not. You might want to check out Matthew 13. Of course ONLY after you are done making your "appearance" in Sunday School that is.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
May 15, 2011
 
As for the topic at hand, i must admit that i know nothing about Shepard's Field, however i have had the priviledge of meeting one of its members. Upon providing a service for one of the members, i have became aquainted with one of the lady's from the church, and i must say she is one of the most gracious,polite,and non judgemental people i have met. Her children are always very polite and well mannered and well behaved, and you can sense a christian and Godly atmosphere. Not once has she ever imposed her beliefs or opinions. Once even asking her about a certain subject and her reasoning for doing so, she was most gracious and non judgemental. I would like to include her name, but due to this site i will refrain. She knows who she is, and most impotantly God knows who she is. I guess my point is, there is good and bad in every church,neighborhood,family,etc . There is not much that can be done about that,but in the end, the good and bad will be separated.
cant go

Rockwell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
May 15, 2011
 
I went and can't come back because my ear drums were about to bust. No thank you.
Secular Humanist

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

All churches are at their heart cults. They prey on people young and old to trap them into worshiping a false teaching touted as ultimate truth, and everyone should turn away from any person who claims that they know absolute truth about the universe. Whoever claimed that atheists and non-christians don't understand what church is, you would be very mistaken. I went to evangelical churches for 15 years until I started to think for myself and read the Bible more carefully, that's where I saw that Christianity is just another made up religion that was used in an attempt to control the masses in the late Roman Empire. As an atheist I know more about the Bible and about church and christianity than any evangelical christian does. Shepard's Field is just another evangelical church which is teaching non truths to children, and people need to open up their minds to a worldview grounded on logic and reason instead of 2000 year old dogmatic myths.
TSFMember

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
May 15, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Lets all just settle and end this. People are going to have their own personal opinions about churches. Regardless of your opinion/judgements, LIVES are being changed and people are being saved at The Shepherd's Field.<--Notice Correct Spelling. Whether or not you choose to be a part of what is taking place at this place is completely at your discretion completely. We pray for Martin and this region to come to know God in a more personal and intimate relationship. If you have not ever attended then we invite you. The service times are on the website. You can also watch services LIVE and past recordings of services that date back to early 2009. There is a section on the website that explains beliefs and introduces staff. You can choose to take what is there at face-value or not to, but please do not continue to "gossip" about something you honestly know nothing about. For non-believers, please do not use this thread to define "cults" or "occults," their leaders, your reasoning for being atheist, or whatever else you may believe. I can not encourage you enough to go visit www.tsfmartin.com and watch us LIVE. Send us a message. Request DVD copies of services. This church will provide more for you and encourage you to grow in Christ only to see a generation or nation turned back to God. We will be LIVE tonight at 6PM for SundayPM stream!! Be Blessed!!
pay attention

Rockwell, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
May 15, 2011
 
Member , quit typing during church. We all know your there until one. Lol. Guess sitting upstairs has its advantages!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Martin Forum right now

Search the Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 9 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 139,044
Do you think Obama has united our Country ??? 40 min Jimmy Jim Bo Shabbado 34
Good Times No More 1 hr info 13
Splash Pad 1 hr Good Clean Fun 36
Remodeling/Contractors 1 hr rebel 7
hair salons 1 hr 12345 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Liz 8,874
•••
•••
•••
Martin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Martin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Martin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martin
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••