Fireworks ban now in effect...good idea?

Posted in the Martin Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NObama 2012

Cookeville, TN

#1 Jul 2, 2012
How many think it was a good idea or not imposing a ban on the use of fireworks in Martin? Yea or Nay? Comment below.
mary

Union City, TN

#2 Jul 2, 2012
It is NOT a firework ban. Read and get the facts right. it's a BURN ban, NOT a firework ban.
yep

Martin, TN

#3 Jul 2, 2012
An errant bottle rocket caused a grass fire that almost got to my Dad's business. I love fireworks, but at this point with the weather and lack of rain..I think it is common sense to ban for this year. I feel bad for the people selling the fireworks. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is not cooperating. Maybe nxt year..
No one special

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jul 2, 2012
mary wrote:
It is NOT a firework ban. Read and get the facts right. it's a BURN ban, NOT a firework ban.
Sorry but you are incorrect. It is a formal ban on the use of fireworks in the corporate city limits of Martin.
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jul 2, 2012
Everything in the area is bone dry. When it's so hot the grass in the yard crackles when it's walked on, I think burn bans and no shooting of fireworks is the smart thing to do. I've even seen a field fire that was started by kids just playing with sparklers. We probably would not have done it, but the adults stepped in the housemate for just a couple of minutes. And, I must add, there was no drought and the temperatures were not nearly as high as they are now.

By the way, we both got spankings for doing it. No psychological issues from that later, either.
Jenny

Martin, TN

#6 Jul 2, 2012
Totally agree. It's just too dry!
hey

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2012
Is the ban only n city limits not the county
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jul 3, 2012
hey wrote:
Is the ban only n city limits not the county
Well, that's great. That means there is even more dry vegetation to feed a fire. Has everyone paid their fire protection fee for this new year?
hey

United States

#9 Jul 3, 2012
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that's great. That means there is even more dry vegetation to feed a fire. Has everyone paid their fire protection fee for this new year?
no I am asking if it includes the county
Firefighter supporter

Crossville, TN

#10 Jul 3, 2012
The smartest thing the city has done is letting the Fire Chief make the right call in banning fireworks until we get some rain around hear.

Russell you are going to be missed, I hope the "good ol boys" in politics finds someone with half your integrity to lead that bunch of guys down there. You are definately an example of great community first type of person!!!
Wondering

Union City, TN

#11 Jul 3, 2012
We all know that some will ignore the ban. What happens to people that are caught shooting fireworks? Only problem I have is it should have been done sooner so people wouldn't waste money on them but I agree safety first.
The Fuzz

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jul 3, 2012
Wondering wrote:
We all know that some will ignore the ban. What happens to people that are caught shooting fireworks? Only problem I have is it should have been done sooner so people wouldn't waste money on them but I agree safety first.
They will be cited into city court for the simple act of shooting them. If it is a juvenile, they will be petitioned into juvenile court. If there is burn damage to property other than yours then you will be summoned or arrested into General Sessions Court for vandalism, and if life is endangered then reckless endangerment.
friendly

Jackson, TN

#13 Jul 3, 2012
obion county should put one on too. why dont they??????
asdf j

United States

#14 Jul 3, 2012
friendly wrote:
obion county should put one on too. why dont they??????
Have u not seen the news over the last year or so. Obion county representatives like stuff to burn up!
hey

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jul 3, 2012
U can shoot them outside of the city limits I called the fire department
Oh no

Sachse, TX

#16 Jul 3, 2012
It shouldn't matter where a formal "ban" has been announced or hasn't. Dear Lord, people. PLEASE PLEASE leave the fireworks alone for now. No one should have to be threatened with citations or arrest. Everyone should have enough sense and character to avoid risking injuring or killing someone or leaving a family without their home.
not so fast

United States

#17 Jul 3, 2012
mary wrote:
You shouldn't be so absolute about something you know nothing about. People absolutely kill me...btw, you're incorrect
mary

Union City, TN

#18 Jul 3, 2012
No one special wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but you are incorrect. It is a formal ban on the use of fireworks in the corporate city limits of Martin.
Actually, once again, still wrong. Go read. It clearly says burn ban only for the city. Dumb ass. It suggests no fireworks, but not ban
mary

Union City, TN

#19 Jul 3, 2012
not so fast wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be so absolute about something you know nothing about. People absolutely kill me...btw, you're incorrect
I hope they succeed, it'll be much better place without dumbass's like you
who dat

United States

#20 Jul 3, 2012
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, once again, still wrong. Go read. It clearly says burn ban only for the city. Dumb ass. It suggests no fireworks, but not ban
Www.cityofmartin.net

Read the red area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any good churches in Martin? 1 hr May 1
Bi women 2 hr Easywomen 2
Lindsay Simmons 7 hr lol 6
Brian Adams 14 hr brian adams 9
Westside grad party bust 18 hr guest222 9
Disabilty liars (Jun '14) Thu justsayin 26
Jay McMillin Wed skool mate 1
More from around the web

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE