Electronic Dependency

Electronic Dependency

Posted in the Martin Forum

Lorrie in Martin

Monterey, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2009
America has a new addiction: Electronic Dependency. I have realized how addicted I am to electronic gadgets. Does anyone share my pain? LOL I mean seriously, in the last year it has really gotten out of control. We cant even leave the house without our cellphones. Every where you look someone is texting, talking, twittering, bloggin, and facebooking. If you go to a resturant you hear cell phones ringing non stop, even while grocery shopping cell phones ringing everywhere. It's ridiculous how electronically dependent we've become. I have Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo IM, and send and recieve tons of text messages a day. I recently set out on a mission to find and mail all my friends and family a real old fashion post card. Did you know not one store, boutique, post office, library, or city hall carries old fashion card style post cards anymore? E-mail and texting has become our main source of communicating and there fore post cards have become extinct. I think we need Electronics Anonymous in America. I admit I'm addicted to the internet. It keeps me company and busy and connected to the world. However, I think we need to get off our butts, shut cell phones off, turn off the computers, i-pods, whatever electronic device you have and get out and chat face to face. We are too silent these days. What ever happened to old fashion conversation? Please feel free to comment for or against this observation. All comments are welcome. Have a great day.
unhappy2

Milan, TN

#2 Oct 23, 2009
interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
loretta lynn stoops, all you know!!!! 8 hr i really need to ... 1
tell me all you know 8 hr i really need to ... 1
Pres.Obama: We have no strategy on ISIS (Aug '14) 9 hr Aloha snackbar 48
Tosha roby 17 hr Yes 2
We Don't Need Hillary For President. Fri pathological trump 5
Trump for President (Dec '15) Fri halal bbq 78
Why so many westview teachers leave? Thu Choctaw 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martin Mortgages