ebt or foodstamps
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DAYS GONE BY

Monterey, TN

#1 Feb 27, 2011
EBT or foodstamps as it used to be called: What ticks me off is these people that sit home and won't lift a finger to work ,not because they physically or mentally aren't able to, but those who know how to work the system to lie and go to great lengths to find drs out there that go along with them. they draw $800-900 a month and have kid after kid. Then you have them that go to work everyday and work hard trying to support there family and even with two incomes they have to use ebt and draw less then those that sit on their butts because their lazy.(Remember there is a difference in being disabled and lazy). AND then our senior citizens-----its sad and our state should be ashamed!!!!!! They dedicate their lives to our country either serving or working so that we all have what we have today and they draw less than 20.00 a month. I see it everyday. So should you be ashamed of using your ebt card in your local supermarket, no, only if your one of the LAZY ones using it.
working man

United States

#2 Feb 28, 2011
they need to start drug testing everybody that on it or trying to get on it. I have to take random drug testing to keep my job so i think they need to test them to what the difference
U know

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2011
I know of alot of these folks that are complaining about EBT benefits,are also some of the same that are practically begging to buy them from ones on benefits!That my dear is against the law!So don't go bashing folks for receiving assisstance when you are also getting some of the BENEFITS.However,i do agree that people should have to qualify to receive the benefits by passing a routine drug screening.Also,welfare recipients should automatically be dropped after selling their benefits,and also the person buying should also face legal actions.

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

#4 Feb 28, 2011
Don't forget the people who go doctor shopping in order to get drugs, either because they are junkies or because they are selling them.
guest

Monterey, TN

#5 Mar 1, 2011
I think that everyone should have to be drug tested also! And my great grandmother, only got 4 dollars in food stamps after her husband passed away. While my dumbass cousin got 400 to 500 dollars in food stamps, and is just to lazy to get off his couch and go get a job. Because he is well and able to work, he just doesn't want to. And his fat ass wife is well and able to get a job also, and she won't gett off her ass and get a job either!
Look here

Cookeville, TN

#6 Mar 1, 2011
I work In retail and I turn business away when asked if they can pay with foodstamps!!! Let me also say I'm talking about specialty food that no one has to have to live. These people make me sick, it's just another form of welfare, once they get on it most never get off. Foodstamps should not include specialty items, brand name products, or drink mixers!
Moron

United States

#7 Mar 1, 2011
You idiot....Children have to have some "specialty" foods. Maybe they were buying it for their child, niece, younger sibling, ect. If I knew what "business" you ran, I would NEVER step foot in there again as well as tell everyone what you do!
Disgusted

Martin, TN

#8 Mar 1, 2011
I know a few people who have foodstamps and I can see a legitimate reason why. My mother, in fact, has food stamps because she can not work due to being paralyzed by a stroke. She barely gets $50 worth, if that. And then I see some people drawing food stamps well on into the hundreds of dollars & they aren't employed yet physically able to work & have no one to support but themselves so they just sit there smoke their pot & pop their pills feeding themselves with the money us tax paying hard working citizens are busting our a$$ for. Now tell me where that is right????
parent

White Plains, KY

#9 Mar 2, 2011
Look here wrote:
I work In retail and I turn business away when asked if they can pay with foodstamps!!! Let me also say I'm talking about specialty food that no one has to have to live. These people make me sick, it's just another form of welfare, once they get on it most never get off. Foodstamps should not include specialty items, brand name products, or drink mixers!
So, you're saying that if someone works and pays taxes and then is struck by some misfortune such as loss of a job or physical injury they shouldn't be allowed to buy a coke or brand name Frosted Flakes?

You are extremely judgemental.
Hell no

United States

#10 Mar 2, 2011
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that if someone works and pays taxes and then is struck by some misfortune such as loss of a job or physical injury they shouldn't be allowed to buy a coke or brand name Frosted Flakes?
You are extremely judgemental.
No if you are taking money from the government you should be allowed to get things to SURVIVE that was the original intent of food stamps and welfare.
Look Here

Cookeville, TN

#11 Mar 2, 2011
Hey Moron I didn't know things like Full Sheet cakes, cupcakes and things of that nature were needed for survival...that is what I would call "special".

"Parent", my tax dollars shouldn't go to you so you can eat brand name foods, I don't even buy brand name foods I usually have to get the off brand so yeah there you go.

And people wonder why states and our federal government are broke. The working class has to pay for someone's Kellog's frosted flakes.....
Moron

United States

#12 Mar 2, 2011
Look here, maybe they are busy working, their child's classroom is having a party, and they have to bring something, such as cup cakes. And before you say something such as, "Well, they can get cake mix and bake them!"...I said they are busy working, running children to practice, doing homework, ect.

I know there are A LOT of people on foodstamps they do not deserve it, but there are some that do, and they work and have busy lives just as well.
Look Here

Cookeville, TN

#13 Mar 2, 2011
my comment was directed at the people that abuse the system. I don't mind it when it goes to someone who wants to help themselves. I just honestly think their should be more restrictions to who gets help and what items should be included. However the people who control this could care less...
ha ha

United States

#14 Mar 3, 2011
we misfits sure enjoy all u hard working tax paying citizens for keepingme and lots of my friends in goverment housing we got cheap rent we drive in newer and better cars than most of u hard working people and just think in june my daughter will give birth and guess what my stamps will go up plus we will get an extra check for the little one ya know its gonna be ADD OR BI POLAR so heres more income for my keg party i plan on having after the little guy is born just wanted to say thanks for all u hard working people who keep me and my family from not having to work thank u very much its the first of the month we are eating steak what off brand food are yall eating HURRY UP AND GET BACK TO WORK I NEED A RAISE ON MY GOVERMENT ASSISSTANCE I BEEN LOOKING AT A NEW TRK I LIKE L.M.A.O.
yuck

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2011
ha ha wrote:
we misfits sure enjoy all u hard working tax paying citizens for keepingme and lots of my friends in goverment housing we got cheap rent we drive in newer and better cars than most of u hard working people and just think in june my daughter will give birth and guess what my stamps will go up plus we will get an extra check for the little one ya know its gonna be ADD OR BI POLAR so heres more income for my keg party i plan on having after the little guy is born just wanted to say thanks for all u hard working people who keep me and my family from not having to work thank u very much its the first of the month we are eating steak what off brand food are yall eating HURRY UP AND GET BACK TO WORK I NEED A RAISE ON MY GOVERMENT ASSISSTANCE I BEEN LOOKING AT A NEW TRK I LIKE L.M.A.O.
Ur a fat ass LMAO!
Open ur eyes

Monterey, TN

#16 Mar 16, 2011
The United States is the only govt that supply such a system as food stamp. Most countries their poor go hungry. Altho in most other country healthcare is free. We pay for our healthcare. Truthfully I'd much rather have free healthcare than food stamps. If your hungry you will find a way to eat. Work is always there. Most Americans choose to think their too good altho most are very uneducated.
Healthcare is something that I worry great amounts. I wasnt taught how to be a responsible adult. I grew up seeing my parents on welfare and food stamps. They fed me yes but really they made it easier for my parents to slack on us.
Because my children depend on me to eat I CHOOSE to go to work. Because co payments and deductibles cost money when paying for insurance I go to work. I was raised to be shit and made an easy choice to rise above.
My kids aren't hungry bc I got a job. We may not go on vacations and they may not be in designer jeans and shoes advertising someone's brand. I tell you I am part of the American dream. I took what I knew and decided I required more. And being the land of the free as a single mother I was able to get a job.
James

Portland, OR

#17 May 12, 2013
You can get a food stamps skins to personalize your ebt card so it doesn't look like an obvious snap benefit card and protect your privacy. The website www.foodstampscovers.com Hope this help!
ben

Dresden, TN

#18 May 12, 2013
how about the fact that over 50% of school kids in weakley county get free or reduced lunches?
loved it

Mayfield, KY

#19 May 12, 2013
Look Here wrote:
Hey Moron I didn't know things like Full Sheet cakes, cupcakes and things of that nature were needed for survival...that is what I would call "special".
"Parent", my tax dollars shouldn't go to you so you can eat brand name foods, I don't even buy brand name foods I usually have to get the off brand so yeah there you go.
And people wonder why states and our federal government are broke. The working class has to pay for someone's Kellog's frosted flakes.....
That bothers you? I received food stamps as a single mom 20 years ago for about 2 years. Worked and yes I bought cupcakes and on my kids birthdays,or we got a cake. Big deal. Love your neighbor like Jesus. Not everybody makes a career out of it or needs to be told how to shop.
yep

Dresden, TN

#20 May 13, 2013
loved it wrote:
<quoted text>That bothers you? I received food stamps as a single mom 20 years ago for about 2 years. Worked and yes I bought cupcakes and on my kids birthdays,or we got a cake. Big deal. Love your neighbor like Jesus. Not everybody makes a career out of it or needs to be told how to shop.
why do we have to buy your kids cupcakes? oh the government gives you that money? hell no the government is your neighbors being taxed to death. i'm sure you have a sob story. everyone does. simple fact: DONT HAVE KIDS YOU CANT AFFORD

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The new ice cream place 731 SUCKS!!!! ANOTHER D... 1 hr Guest 14
cody nanney 2 hr Farmingislife 3
Who owns the shop with all the old cars? 2 hr Lester 5
You're losing me 2 hr Just a random chick 49
Skyhawk Manor (Jan '13) Sat Lol 9
What will these tarriffs cost us? Sat Guest63 14
President Obama Congratulated Putin on His 2012... Apr 20 humm 16

Martin Jobs

Personal Finance

Martin Mortgages