|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

inquiring minds wrote:
<quoted text>
Downtown Martin is very much alive and will continue to grow. People must give credit where is is due. That would start by paying attention to the renovation efforts being made by Savant Learning Systems and the number of local people employed by that local business, which continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
And after Obama gets thru taxing the hide off savant, whose gonna dish out the dough?
Thankful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Very thankful for Nasar for all he does for Martin. Maybe we could learn a lot of good ideas from him. Thanks Nasar for trying to help Martin! I mean that from my heart. There are so many people that helps! To many to name. Wish we had a family place to take our kids as a family. Like a fun center. Bowling , pool, just things a family could do together. Now we have to go to Jackson! Please some of the people with the means get together and try to come up with something. The outdoor movies are great and the things that Lynn Harper plans are great. Lynn is trying , if only more would get on board. The disc golf classes that Laura Taylor and the city done were great. Just don't let them be a one time thing. Some times the times of things need to change so a lot of the working people could enjoy! Love Martin let's make it better. One idea at a time
Think about it

Watertown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Judged:

Ole shep wrote:
I agree that it looks like an acccident waiting to happen....By the way whose money is the grant money... I always thought it came from the taxpayers..... Just spend it all we got plenty of jobs around here and we can always make more... Also I agree vote and vbote the Mayor out. Downtown is dead, nothing there , and no new jobs . What is he doing???? Maybe he is napping..
Grant money is given fir a specific purpose, not for use in a general budget or account. Grants are a way to enhance an organization/city for a particular purpose, if you don't use it all, or fail to complete a project, you must pay it back.
Question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2012

Did I hear right that the pad is broke and that is way it's staying the same all time? Or is that just have it programmed like that. Please change the colors and change the way it sprays.
No one special

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Question wrote:
Did I hear right that the pad is broke and that is way it's staying the same all time? Or is that just have it programmed like that. Please change the colors and change the way it sprays.
You heard right. They are waiting on a part so they can fix it and make the water levels fluctuate and use the lights. This is what warranties are for!
Question

Amarillo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Thankful for that. Glad y'all are own top of it!
observer

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2012

Judged:

Here is what i hear about the "pad"..its brought a lot of undesirables downtown..who hang out..nothing nicer than looking over there after a nice dinner..and see 3 fatties in bikinis...standing in the splash pad...yuck...city mayor didnt think this one thru...its a magnet for the undesirables.
No one special

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

observer wrote:
Here is what i hear about the "pad"..its brought a lot of undesirables downtown..who hang out..nothing nicer than looking over there after a nice dinner..and see 3 fatties in bikinis...standing in the splash pad...yuck...city mayor didnt think this one thru...its a magnet for the undesirables.
Just what is an undesirable? Anyone who doesn't look good in a swimsuit?
opinion

Barnhart, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

AGREE WITH OBSERVER
obviously

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

The ones that think "undesirables" gather at the splash pad are undesirables themsleves. There are splash pads all over the United States and Europe for family's enjoyment in lots of cities. You people act like you've never seen one before and it's comes from the devil himself. How dumb! I think you're just parents who want to drop your kids off somewhere and can't like you could at the pool.
opinion

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

I think you're wrong. I have no children with whom to visit the splash pad, nor a reason to. I agree that it looks bad and brings people to congregate downtown that would be better left at home. I also hope the grant money has covered an insurance policy for the first lawsuit the city gets hit with. It was a waste of money, no matter where the money came from.
obviously

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

So you would dash a family's choice of free entertainment with their children who enjoy the water because you don't have any children and consider these families "undesirables"? How nice. Have you ever been to bigger cities where families gather in parks and at fountains or whatever in the city squares? I guess they are "undesirables" too. How sad.
Happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

They are working on the pad!
Interested

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Work on the pool..it would bring so much more enjoyment to the citizens of Martin. Yes, we have the UTM pool, but it doesn't have the depth of water than younger kids can use. If one has a smaller child, they have to literally hold the child up in the water at the UTM pool. Isn't it an Olympic size/depth pool..much too deep for younger children.
No way

Tatum, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

They are not bringing the pool back. We can forget that. Wish some private people would get together and buy it! Give back to the city. Don't think that will happen either. Let's try to talk about the good and not the bad.
obviously

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Good idea! People go in together to purchase and refurbish the old pool.
ESAD

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

observer wrote:
You are an elitist sh!tstain...just an observation
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Other communities have faced the same no pool issue. If it's that friggin' important to you, recruit a group of citizens smart enough to write grants, solicit corporate donations, and find a grant that will match the money you raise. Don't forget to include the cost of insurance, unkeep, and pool staffing, workers comp for them, the security fence to prevent night time intruders, and a volunteer board to oversee the whole thing. So many people complain about the expense of big government"...... Unless it's something they want. For heavens sake, put up or shut up. The city probably dud the best it could, and I'll bet you dollars to donuts you can go to city hall & see the financials behind the pool closure decision. Personally, I swim at UTM.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

I.bet if they took the mayor's pay raise away and give him what he was getting before the raise ,they could use the raised amount to put into.the pool. The pool was making money . People quit going because of the hatefulness of the manager. People getting labeled and treated wrong for no reason is why parents stopped their kids from going. They could have marketed the pool a little better kept the prices fair and got rid of the people running off people because they thought they was better than everyone who entered the doors. All the complaints the city got on the pool and the pool staff wasn't just made up. If the city would have listened you probably had a packed pool everyday
i hear ya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

I can't stand a suiter.they think they are above and beyond anyone. When Judy took over the pool,attendance started falling in the first three years. That should have sent a sign to the city. She was a hateful witch to other people's children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of99
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Martin Forum right now

Search the Martin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 15 min WTSenior 138,759
looking for bisexual female 59 min Guest 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WTH 8,871
Do you think your healthcare has gotten better ... 1 hr Penny 13
Splash Pad 1 hr Don 34
Why do you think Obama refuses to go to the Bor... 1 hr Joe 2
New Poll Ranks Obama "The Worst President " Sin... 2 hr guest 21
•••
•••
•••
Martin Dating

more search filters

less search filters