splash pad vs city pool

Posted in the Martin Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Interested

Martin, TN

#1 Aug 10, 2012
What about the big splash pad? Now isn't that something to replace the city pool with. How does that even compare with the pool? Mayor has money to spend (waste) on that and not money to fix the pool in which the people of Martin would get more use out of.

Some city concern about kids getting more exercise isn't it?
Beer man

Martin, TN

#2 Aug 10, 2012
Its a place the mayor can go to after his meal and nap.He loves water and being in the sun!

United States

#3 Aug 10, 2012
What you expect from politicians. They just hired a fire chief that has no firecommand or management experienx compared to the one from Franklin. Good old locale politics.
voter

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2012
Vote him out. It'll save us all money.
Think about it

Cookeville, TN

#5 Aug 10, 2012
BE the CHANGE you wish to see in this WORLD!!!
soooo

Union City, TN

#6 Aug 10, 2012
Maybe the city got tired of parents using the pool as their baby sitter.
Ruth

Monterey, TN

#7 Aug 10, 2012
It sounds like a big hazard to me. Kids running around (some of them with little or no superivison) on a slippery wet surface. Looks like an accident waiting to happen. Maybe a big lawsuit. Some people are just that way.
Safe

Gleason, TN

#8 Aug 11, 2012
It would be hard to drown in the splash pad.
soooo

Union City, TN

#9 Aug 11, 2012
I've been by there several times now, even later at night, to find parents sitting with chairs while their children played. Have not been by there yet when it's empty. I'd say that's great!
Beer man

Martin, TN

#10 Aug 11, 2012
Only been open a few days not several!LOL!!
soooo

Union City, TN

#11 Aug 11, 2012
Beer man wrote:
Since Wednesday - I'd say that's several.
soooo

Union City, TN

#12 Aug 11, 2012
Beer man wrote:
Besides the fact I said SEVERAL TIMES not SEVERAL DAYS.
Yep

Houston, TX

#13 Aug 12, 2012
You can drown in any amount of water!
pooh

Monterey, TN

#14 Aug 12, 2012
Wont take long for a few injuries maybe a broken leg or two and a few lawsuits for them to shiut it down! Running on a wet surface is dangerous! A lot of parents take their kids and dont watch them!
martin citizen

Monterey, TN

#15 Aug 12, 2012
A waste of taxpayer money!!!
soooo

Union City, TN

#16 Aug 13, 2012
It was built through a grand
soooo

Union City, TN

#17 Aug 13, 2012
Whoops! Grant
its dumb

United States

#19 Aug 13, 2012
It reminds me of that commercial where the guy gives one kid a plastic horse and gives the other kid a real pony. Traded a pool for a set of water hoses on concrete...nice trade.

Mauriceville, TX

#20 Aug 13, 2012
Who decided that it's the city's responsibility to provide entertainment for anyone. If you don't like the splash pad, then don't go. If you want your kids to swim in a pool, then put one in at your house for them. If you can't afford to do that, then you should have planned better before you had your children. That's what is wrong with this country, everybody expects everyone else to provide for them. I personally don't get it. Do for yourself or do without. Times are difficult...the splash pad is much cheaper to operate than a city pool...makes perfect sense to me. Only issue that I have is that I wish we could have made the swap sooner and saved more money. Splash on or go home...only way that you get to pick your own game is if you buy your own ball.
Conscience

Houston, TX

#21 Aug 13, 2012
I think it's a good idea, just not really the right location, most of the times I have been by there there have been parents reading a book or newspaper or what not. I think it needs some kind of fencing or something on at least the north and west sides of it. Not to mention it's only a matter time before some punk kid dumps a box of laundry detergent in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cathy Dilday 2 hr Lisa 1
Rebel flags 9 hr Jjj 1
Long John Silvers 12 hr Martin Guy 10
White Trash Thu Amy 4
Martin E.W. James.. What would you like to see Thu Lee_315 54
looking Thu curious 1
Wendys Wed jack 5
More from around the web

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE