martin hospital
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
sick of it

Martin, TN

#1 Aug 24, 2012
I can not stand this hospital any longer. The people who run it are rude and dont care about anyone. All they care about is making money! I will never go there again. You would be much better off driving to union city or jackson.
well

Cookeville, TN

#2 Aug 24, 2012
old news. next
Concerned Patient

White Oak, TX

#3 Dec 18, 2012
This place is a joke! Only bare bones from the ORIGINAL crew from 10 yrs ago is still there. Loved it when Eason was there after he left it went downhill. I go to Jackson for everything now
Care to Dare

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2012
So you think the hospital is bad now. Wait and watch when the new health care law goes into effect in 2013.

Heard a rumor there going to expand the emergency room parking lot to do oil changes on area ambulances.
info

Keller, TX

#5 Dec 19, 2012
Reason works Fulton ER now. He's awesome.
histerectomy

White Oak, TX

#6 Dec 19, 2012
Had my surgery there loved it. Buffy took good care of me. Staff was good except for one nurse Michelle I think kept talking about drinking but we all do that
amy

Martin, TN

#7 Dec 19, 2012
The maternity part is awesome!
Wondering

Martin, TN

#8 Dec 19, 2012
The hospital is a good one.Has taken good care of us. Much better than that joke of a hospital in Jackson. Talk about awful! Will go to Nashville from now on. You'll perish if you go to Union City, don't push your luck.

Since: Apr 12

Paris, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2012
I believe any good veterinarian would provide better care than any hospital. Veterinarians are not so excessively regulated that they can't really do their jobs anymore. The Affordable Care legislation is only going to further hamper caregivers in the delivery of health and medical services.
Palladone

Union City, TN

#10 Dec 20, 2012
i think some junky nurse stepped on my meds...

South Sioux City, NE

#11 Jan 26, 2013
That hospital is good for a first aid station that is all.
been there

Paducah, KY

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Check this out wrote:
I went in the Martin hospital about a year ago. When I checked in, the gal asked me if I wanted a minister visit. I'd never been asked anything like this before and was floored for half a second. Then I turned the tables and told her I was brought up as a Snake Handler. Her jaw hit the floor.
Seriously, I was going in the hospital. I was concerned that a doctor stop by and not much else. Is this par for the course in this area?
Yes this happens a lot. I've been in hospitals all over the country and a few of the questions include- Do you want newspaper delivery? Do you want to be visited by clergy? Do you want a volunteer to read to you or take you for walks? That was several years ago, I thought it had gone out with real medical care.
just wondering

South Sioux City, NE

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Yes they ask that but they need to find out about peoples families and call them. And then send the bill to be paid to the person that brought them in.
Howatch

United States

#15 Feb 19, 2013
pissinUoff wrote:
I believe any good veterinarian would provide better care than any hospital. Veterinarians are not so excessively regulated that they can't really do their jobs anymore. The Affordable Care legislation is only going to further hamper caregivers in the delivery of health and medical services.
And the best part is the vets don't even ask what's wrong. They figure out the problem and fix it!!
Kinda backwards huh?

Since: May 12

Kingsport, TN

#16 Feb 25, 2013
amy wrote:
The maternity part is awesome!
Yea they are awesome until they put you on a medication called Thorazine that can cause serious birth defects they told me it was safe... it worked but I had to go to Jackson to make sure my son's heart is developing right they are a joke!!!!
Idiot

Martin, TN

#17 Feb 25, 2013
Alexia Parrish wrote:
<quoted text> Yea they are awesome until they put you on a medication called Thorazine that can cause serious birth defects they told me it was safe... it worked but I had to go to Jackson to make sure my son's heart is developing right they are a joke!!!!
Chlorpromazine (Thorazine)

Chlorpromazine is a phenothiazine tranquilizer that is also used as an antiemetic.

An early animal study suggested that chlorpromazine might cause cleft palate in mice (Walker and Patterson, 1974). However, this malformation has never been reported with chlorpromazine use in human pregnancy.

In the Collaborative Perinatal Project, the frequency of congenital anomalies was no greater than expected among the children of 142 women treated with chlorpromazine during the first four months of pregnancy or the children of 284 women treated anytime during pregnancy (Heinonen et al, 1977).

Rumeau-Rouquette et al (1976) reported an increase in the rate of congenital anomalies in infants born to mothers who took phenothiazines in pregnancy. Congenital anomalies occurred in 3.5% of pregnancies with phenothiazine exposure and less than 1.6% in the control population.(The expected rate of congenital anomalies in control populations is approximately 3.5%.) In the study, no pattern of anomalies could be established. This study did not examine potential confounding factors such as maternal use of tobacco or alcohol, which could be important since phenothiazine therapy is known to decrease the clearance rate of ethanol from the blood (Rawat, 1980). Transient neonatal withdrawal symptoms have been described with high doses of chlorpromazine (150-250mg/day) used to treat psychiatric illness (Auerbach et al, 1992). When used for the treatment of nausea and vomiting, the typical dose is 10-25 mg/day, which has not been associated with neonatal withdrawal.
the truth revealed

Dallas, TX

#18 Feb 26, 2013
If you have been a patient in ER beware you records may have been compromised! Stay funded til later today for the reveal
now what

Crofton, KY

#19 Feb 26, 2013
the truth revealed wrote:
If you have been a patient in ER beware you records may have been compromised! Stay funded til later today for the reveal
If you have something to say just say it.
Anthony Reeves

Martin, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2013
If you think this hospital in martin is bad ...try fulton,Union City,or dyersburg...you'll be running back to martin hospital with your tail between your legs....it might not be a great hospital...but it's far better than anything else in the area.
haha

Dallas, TX

#21 Feb 28, 2013
I know what the truth is lawsuits galore! Simple solution is to just approve and move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snappy's 1 hr Retired 2
mtd 4 hr Amanda 2
Crooked Hillary and Crooked DNC 7 hr Upset Bernie Supp... 2
Gas prices 8 hr Not Rocket Science 4
Westview Head Coach Cantrell 17 hr Curious 9
Mtd 1st shift (Sep '14) Tue cal 20
Soybean Tue Splash pad 22

Martin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance