First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Martin, TN

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Why do the kids have to stand in the rain to be picked up in the car line?????? We drop them off at the front door. Why cant we pick them up at the front door???? Works at ALL the other schools why not at the MMS?
just saying

Martin, TN

#2 Oct 12, 2012
Because hardly anyone in that school cares about the students! I know people that have had more problems with the staff in that school then any other one in the county and heaven forbid a parent go in and make a suggestion or have a question about the kids standing in the rain, or anything else for that matter, because as soon as that happens watch out your child is liable to bullied by the teachers for complaining about the way things are ran there.
elmer

Garland, TX

#3 Oct 13, 2012
i like the red ones.

Since: Apr 12

Alvarado, TX

#4 Oct 21, 2012
It's the principal. One of the greatest football players ever, but not much of an educator. Many of the teachers aren't allowed to shive a get. Breaks their hearts, but really nothing they can do if they want to keep their jobs.
Interested

Martin, TN

#5 Oct 22, 2012
Take your complaints to the school board in Dresden or to a school board representative.
Wondering

Martin, TN

#6 Nov 1, 2012
I think I will go to the next school meeting and see why this is being done this way. The cars have just as much right pulling up to the front door as the buses do.I told my child if it's raining to wait at the front door and I would pick her up there. If we ALL do this it just might work.

Union City, TN

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Yep, maybe we should ALL teach our kids to defy authority. And then we can all b1tch when the school punishes them. Can't believe that school would make silly rules

Since: Nov 12

Martin, TN

#8 Nov 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
Yep, maybe we should ALL teach our kids to defy authority. And then we can all b1tch when the school punishes them. Can't believe that school would make silly rules
There's a difference between defying authority and doing what's right. What the above parents are discussing is about the safety and health of their kids. You want yours to get sick, so be it. The rest of us don't. And it's not authority, it's ignorance and cruelty.
Count the cars

Union City, TN

#9 Nov 8, 2012
The school was built to be a high school... it was designed so that the kids who drive could pull out of the parking lot and the busses could load up front.
Count how many cars are lined up at dismissal....so many that we have to be parked in parking spaces. Now count how many are going to fit in the circle and down the driveway. There are going to be cars lined up down the road. Parking 2 deep in the circle is a safety hazard with kids darting out trying to load. Please don't make me wait in line longer!
How about an awning over the sidewalk? Kinda like the one at the primary school. Idk how much that would cost.

Monterey, TN

#10 Nov 8, 2012
How about just putting an umbrella in their backpack or locker!! They are in Jr high they should know how to use it. Seems like the smartest thing to do!
Common Sense

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 9, 2012
The Teachers have nothing to do with it! Sadly, they arent given say in much of anything that takes place at MMS.
The Martin Police Dept. is the one whom comes up with the place your Child is picked up.
Fuhtermore: Umbrealla's in the backpack would go a long way. Little Johhny isnt going to melt.

Martin, TN

#12 Nov 9, 2012
May not melt, but have you ever heard of getting sick? Geez, an umbrella can only do so much.

Monterey, TN

#13 Nov 9, 2012
OMG!!!!! En Sabah Nur, you'd think you are talking about preschoolers and waiting for an hour outside!!

Martin, TN

#14 Nov 10, 2012
In this day and age where people get sick so easily compared to 10 or 20 years ago? It doesn't take an age group or an hour anymore. Just like kids as young as 10 are having sex, smoking, drinking, and doing drugs. And some of that crap is the result of bad parenting and it spreads like a disease.

I will say congrats to the news about Weakley Co. having the highest graduating average in the whole state. I am pretty shocked actually. LoL
idiot parent hater

Shelby, NC

#15 Nov 10, 2012
Last time I checked, people became ill as a result of bacteria and viruses. Now we have to worry about rain?!

Seriously have u ever sat there and watched the whole thing. Last kid gets picked up like 15 minutes after the whole thing starts.

Johnson City, TN

#16 Nov 11, 2012
So we went from middle school kids getting wet in rain to 10 yr olds having sex, smoking, and doing drugs lol.

This is so stupid, give the kinda raincoat. The whole car line is gone in 12-15 min. And BTW, wet and rain don't make kids sick, viruses and bacteria make people sick. None of that in rain
Liberty

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Wish a teenager getting wet or me having to wait in a car line was the most I had to worry about. Sickness is caused by virus and bacteria. The increase in illness is partially our own fault. For decades, people have insisted on antibiotics for every little spell of sickness, and while the germs can't think, they are programmed to survive, and have become stronger in the process. We've also become so germaphobic our kids have lowered natural immunity.

Martin, TN

#18 Nov 12, 2012
Obviously the educational system failed for some of you. What are you two, drop outs?

Monterey, TN

#19 Nov 12, 2012
This is so funny reading SOME of the post. Makes me think about when I was a kid and we would fuss about riding the bus. We thought it was terrible we had to wait out in the cold and rain. THEN came my parents and grandparents stories about how they had to walk two miles to school. It didn't matter if it was snowing or raining. They lived up north so nothing like we get here. My gosh let your kid grow up!! When they go off to college do you think someone is going to drop them off at the front door!!
go mms

Dallas, TX

#20 Nov 14, 2012
pissinUoff wrote:
It's the principal. One of the greatest football players ever, but not much of an educator. Many of the teachers aren't allowed to shive a get. Breaks their hearts, but really nothing they can do if they want to keep their jobs.
i see your the uneducated person, phone and computers have spell check and grammar buttons please use them ugh ignorant people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UTM Athletics (oxymoron) 11 hr Truth is true 18
Thug City - UT Martin Football (Sep '11) 11 hr Truth is true 89
kevin 12 hr guest 3
New bar where cheers was 14 hr not been 17
Mms Fri Utm- 1
Damrons BBQ Fri BBQ 1
Zaxby's in Martin? (May '13) Fri think 43
Martin Dating
Find my Match

Martin Jobs