Anon

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Does anyone else believe that they school administration (Byars, Davidson) has gotten out of hand with rules and punishments lately? I have heard complaints from several students and parents.
omega

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Anon wrote:
Does anyone else believe that they school administration (Byars, Davidson) has gotten out of hand with rules and punishments lately? I have heard complaints from several students and parents.
Does it really matter now? School will be out this coming Tuesday.
yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

They are a bunch of idiots running these schools everything always depends on who and what position the parents are in the community. Still the good ole boy systems
sarah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Actually I have no problem with this school both men have been great! Maybe if you and ur child followed rules u would not feel this way. My child has violated dress code by accident a few times and had to come home to change but it was no ones fault but her and mine own
Dont worry be happy

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

No problem here. I may not agree with evertyhing taht goes on at W.V. but Davidson is a good man. Fair!!!! He has treated my children well an I am nobody imporatant nor are my children "Elect few".

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Rules and punishment are hardly new concepts..you must be really young.

There was a time, not all that long ago, when a teacher would backhand you across the face if you were disruptive in class(ask me how I know, lol)...and then you'd get it again from your parents when you got home.

But I guess rules shouldn't apply to your precious little snowflake should they?
hello

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

I think they should go back to paddling and take away the detentions and suspensions
Politico

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

I think we are too worried about minor
Details in the youths lives and have completely abandoned the important aspects that kids need... We are a nation willingly leering the next generation turn into over protected, get anything, do nothing's... And everyone seems to be ok with it... Scary
Anon

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Politico is saying the point I was trying to get across.. the administration seems to be more focused on minor problems and punishment for them rather than the education of students. I mean, the school is already on a target list because the education is apparently inadequate, and we're going to put the majority of our energy into watching out for dress code violators?
Parent

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

Anon wrote:
Politico is saying the point I was trying to get across.. the administration seems to be more focused on minor problems and punishment for them rather than the education of students. I mean, the school is already on a target list because the education is apparently inadequate, and we're going to put the majority of our energy into watching out for dress code violators?
I believe Mr. Davidson is doing a good job; he didn’t create the asinine policies he simply enforces them. However, I agree with your statement. We care more about what the students are wearing than if they are learning. What does it really matter if a child is wearing a belt or if his / her shirt isn’t tucked in their pants?
Has anyone ever considered the current “Dress Code” to be beyond the authority of the School Board. Children are required by law to attend school yet that same system has the right to tell them (specifically) what to wear. Something seems unbalanced
ok

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

sarah wrote:
Actually I have no problem with this school both men have been great! Maybe if you and ur child followed rules u would not feel this way. My child has violated dress code by accident a few times and had to come home to change but it was no ones fault but her and mine own
well maybe our kids aren't stuck up pricks like yours?
Student

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Anon wrote:
They have, it's Davidson more than Byars. It's like Davidson and Arrant teamed up this year and gave detentions for stupid crap. Arrant thought he ran the school his year... Hate to tell him but he was just a school cop. He walked around like freaking robo cop. This was probably my worst year at Westview and it was my senior year. Kinda sad. Everyone got in trouble for everything and that's one of the reason I think our school is so un school spirited now. You are a nobody in Westview unless you are a cheerleader or willing to flirt with the staff. Not a fair school at all.
Life

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Life's not fair...maybe they were just preparing you for it.
whs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

The administration as a whole is more focused on proving themselves to be powerful than they are being good role models and focusing on the education of the student body. They display a lot of unfairness. Sure, life isn't fair, but whenever it can be helped, there is no need. I can't speak for the the other schools in weakly county, but martin needs new administrative staff.
cch

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

Anon, you're an idiot. Let me guess, you got in trouble and now you're pissed. Boo hoo, get over it.
Anon

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

No, that's not it at all. I'm a good student at school, and I'm involved in almost every club or organization there. I was simply asking if anyone else felt the way that I know me and my friends did for the last few months of school. No, life is not fair, and there will always be rules and consequences in life. But as whs said, when the fairness can be helped, there is no need. Parents do not understand this subject coming from a student's perspective because they do not attend the school. There is a very high and unnecessary level of unfairness at the school and so many pointless rules that all school spirit is gone. Almost every student dreades going to that school in the morning by the second semester because of how ridiculously they were being treated. So you can call me an idiot all you want, but there is purpose behind my original question.
Anon

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

*dreaded, excuse me.
uh huh

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

kids these days.
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2012

Judged:

uh huh wrote:
kids these days.
annoying people these days!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Martin Forum right now

Search the Martin Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 29 min Augur 140,781
Hey Al Gore where is that global warming? 43 min its simple 30
Speedy1976 - - pof name from martin 1 hr Crazy 37
looking for a becky 3 hr lol 34
Disabilty liars 3 hr lol 9
God? 11 hr Reading is Fundamental 18
why do married men need to sext or talk about s... (Jul '11) 13 hr tfabs 117
•••
•••
•••
•••

Martin Jobs

•••