Topox.com -Martin,TN forum (SURVEY#51348)

Posted in the Martin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#1 May 28, 2011
My name is Sandra. I am a Topix.com ® cordinator. I have been asked by the CEO of Topix® to create a thread on the Martin, Tennessee forum that is specificly for people to share their experiences.
Topix.com ® is well known for online arguing and verbal harrassment. It has also been said that Topix® is a "playground for cyber bullies."
If you have experienced any of those things on Topix®, let it out here. This thread is to vent your feelings and be totally anonomous.

Union City, TN

#2 May 28, 2011
Please excuse my lack of spell check on the title of this thread.

Topix.com -Martin, TN forum (SURVEY#51348)
martin resident

Irmo, SC

#3 May 29, 2011
This site for our town has not had any positive influence at all. It is not used the way it is supposed to be and has been a pain for many of its residents. I wish I could say I had not been talked about on this site but I have in many ways that have been inappropriate. It was because of this site and the ppl talking about me on here I did not get a job I was really wanting and needing. I wish there was a way to stop this site from being used like it has been but I do not believe there is. Im not sure how this forum is going to help but I thought I would voice my thoughts.
blr1221

Union City, TN

#4 May 29, 2011
Topix is absolutly horrid.
I am a mother and I was shocked to see that my fourteen year old had been on this site reading and repling to these topics. Needless to say, that is partly my fault for not keep tabs on what she was doing on the internet. However, the fact that these websites with this type of vulgarity are so easy to get to, is what I have a problem with. Being a mother, it worries me. Not only for my childs sake but for other mothers children also. I feel topix.com would not be so bad if they had monitors on here all the time just checking what people write and if anything "out of the way" gets said, the monitor has full authority to delete it.
mr mom

Boiling Springs, SC

#5 May 29, 2011
This is by far the worst for cyber bulling web site. Teenagers have killed themselves for this web site. How do u sleep at night knowing this is happening.
another resident

United States

#6 May 29, 2011
Topix proves that there is alot of two faced ppl in this town.The same ppl that greet u on the streets and act as if they are your best friends,get on here and degrade you.I have seen alot of innappropriate comments that has caused alot of pain for alot of ppl that do not deserve to be battered this way. I just let it go and just thought it was just a bunch of ignorant ppl talking bs.What concerns me the most is here lately i have seen alot of school age children being harrassed on here.This can be extremely dangerous,possibly even deadly.I mean how much can a teenage girl/boy take when they are being humiliated on here.It could even result in more violence in the school system.It's obviously kids talking about other kids,and i sure hate to think of it resulting in an act of viloence within the school.I sincerely wish that this site would just go away,or at the very least prohibit wrong usage.It would be nice if it could be used in a helpful manner,but i seriously doubt that this is realistic. I have much sympathy for all those that have been publically humiliated as a result of this site.
Geezus

Martin, TN

#7 May 29, 2011
You must take the good with the bad. While I don't like the kids getting on here and posting other kids names and just spreading rumors about them. I also understand that this is nothing more than a written form of whats been going on in highschools for years. Now they have a place write it.. BUT Even when I was in highschool this same stuff was said and got spread around the school super fast.. I meen C'mon its still the exact same highshool drama that has been going on and will go on FOREVER.. Also if a girl/boy kills themsleves over a topix post then they had much deeper issues and that cannot be blamed on topix. People are going to say what they want. Its not what your called. Its what you answer too!. Overall Topix is a Great site. You guys that attack the site must understand this is Not going to go away. WHen I say "this" I don't meen topix. MAYBE you could do something and have the site shut down but overnight 10 more will pop up. People not only are going to say what ever they want. It is my opinion that they should be allowed to say it. Therefore the best option I can see is to teach your children how to deal with idiots who might say something bad about them.
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#8 May 29, 2011
martin resident wrote:
This site for our town has not had any positive influence at all. It is not used the way it is supposed to be and has been a pain for many of its residents. I wish I could say I had not been talked about on this site but I have in many ways that have been inappropriate. It was because of this site and the ppl talking about me on here I did not get a job I was really wanting and needing. I wish there was a way to stop this site from being used like it has been but I do not believe there is. Im not sure how this forum is going to help but I thought I would voice my thoughts.
Every opinion is very much needed.
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#9 May 29, 2011
mr mom wrote:
This is by far the worst for cyber bulling web site. Teenagers have killed themselves for this web site. How do u sleep at night knowing this is happening.
I am not aware of these said suicides. My thoughts go out to those families. However, I have nothing to do with what goes on on Topix. I have no control over that.
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#10 May 29, 2011
Geezus wrote:
You must take the good with the bad. While I don't like the kids getting on here and posting other kids names and just spreading rumors about them. I also understand that this is nothing more than a written form of whats been going on in highschools for years. Now they have a place write it.. BUT Even when I was in highschool this same stuff was said and got spread around the school super fast.. I meen C'mon its still the exact same highshool drama that has been going on and will go on FOREVER.. Also if a girl/boy kills themsleves over a topix post then they had much deeper issues and that cannot be blamed on topix. People are going to say what they want. Its not what your called. Its what you answer too!. Overall Topix is a Great site. You guys that attack the site must understand this is Not going to go away. WHen I say "this" I don't meen topix. MAYBE you could do something and have the site shut down but overnight 10 more will pop up. People not only are going to say what ever they want. It is my opinion that they should be allowed to say it. Therefore the best option I can see is to teach your children how to deal with idiots who might say something bad about them.
I am not going to address the teen suicides. I am going to address the fact that if enough of the public gets together, the topix forum for your community CAN get shut down.
Casper the friendly ghost

Watertown, TN

#11 May 29, 2011
this post is a scam....geez
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#12 May 29, 2011
No, this post is not a "scam." However, I see how easily arguments get started on this site now. If you have nothing to say on the matter(s) discussed above, your opinions are not welcomed.
Thank you, Sandra
Topix ® Cordinator
SN#51348
Martin Student

Martin, TN

#13 May 29, 2011
This website, honestly, has done nothing but cause problems in our local schools. I think the idea of the site is great, but when you open something up for anonymous posts, obviously things are going to go down here. I think it needs to be shut down.

Martin Student
Cordinator51348

Union City, TN

#14 May 29, 2011
Dear Martin Student,

I would like to begin addressing this matter by stating, your opinion is very much appreciated.
I see where your concern lies. A part of my job working with Topix is to give random surveys in different cities and towns all over the U.S to get feedback from actual Topix users. It is clear that people do not know how to go about this in the way in which this website was intended. Topix was designed as a place on the internet where people could go to discuss new, politics, etc.. without having to give their identity. Obviously, the general public does not know how to stay within the bariers of what needs to be said and what needs to be left unsaid. Thus, these surveys are going to result in the Martin, TN forum of Topix.com no longer existing.

Sandra
Topix ® Cordinator
SN#51348
resident weakley county

Cookeville, TN

#15 May 29, 2011
This is Surely a Scam If you visit another cities topix there is not another Cordinator (their spelling Not Mine) doing a survey. So Why would the CEO ask for only Martin? There is No way you can make me believe that Martin is SOOOOO important that it is the only city that the CEO wants a survey done on.
cordinator69696

Watertown, TN

#16 May 30, 2011
Notice in the earlier post, the 51348 was the survey number....now its "Sandra's" ID number? LOL
Geezus

Smithville, TN

#17 Jun 2, 2011
first off this is obviously total lies. I've looked at many towns Topix sites and they are pretty much ALL the same. I don't know why Topix would want to stop any of this. They are getting PAID every time someone comes to this site to post something reguardless of what it is. They don't care if you talk about the weather or how long your neighbors dong is. With that said Lets assume they did all of a sudden give a damn. They would Never just REMOVE a site. They would not employ a idiot local person to give them feedback. They would just review user complaints and restrict access to the ones that abuse it.

Also Id like to point out that its very obvious that cordinator51348 has a agenda. 4 negative posts and "sandra" posts like OMG this site MUST be taken down. So Cordinator51348 IF you really do work for Topix then I'd like to know who your boss is and how I can contact them. I think they deserve to know that the people they hire to give them feedback come into the job wanting to shut the sites down. Normally I would assume this is just a dumb kid wanting to feel special. BUT in this case I suspect its a angry parent attempting to drum up support against topix.
brother or sis-

Melbourne, KY

#18 Jun 2, 2011
Cordinator51348 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every opinion is very much needed.
If you are going to post something at leat get your FACTS and know who is getting hurt from this site its not just who these people discuss its there small children and familys, moms, and dads??? Maybe could be yours WOULD you want your mom or dad or child to be subjected to things that are just plain bull.... on here but truly causes stress and familys to split ,kids to lose there homes to be divided, there dads, or moms ,friends .and we live in America . I for one am truly ASHAMED of so many that i know have posted here. what would your Pastors, boss & friends think ? and for the owners of this site or any like this one SHAME on You.EVERTONE answers in th END.
me_myself_and_i

Union City, TN

#19 Jun 3, 2011
EVERYONE needs to get the fuck over themselves. If you don't like Topix, don't get on it. If you don't want a thread to start about you, DON'T START ANY SHIT. THERE WON'T BE ANY SHIT. Simple as that. Really, you "anti-topix" people get on my last damn nerve, preaching on TOPIX about how much you hate TOPIX.- CONTRADICTION!

By the way, it does not take a rocket scientist to realize this entire thread is a load of bullshit. Who gives a damn? Even if they were going to shut down Topix, again - who gives a damn? Are your pathetic lives not filled something a tad bit more entertaining? I mean, REALLY!

I genuinely hope, everyone has a wonderful day.
really

El Monte, CA

#20 May 25, 2012
Cordinator51348 wrote:
No, this post is not a "scam." However, I see how easily arguments get started on this site now. If you have nothing to say on the matter(s) discussed above, your opinions are not welcomed.
Thank you, Sandra
Topix ® Cordinator
SN#51348
Wow, so you are a bully too? How do you have the nerve to speak to someone like that when all they were doing was guestioning if you were an actual employee. I agree, I think you are a scam!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Divorce Attorneys (Apr '14) 6 hr pitiful 21
shepard's field church "a cult" or "not a cult" (May '11) 12 hr shadow 255
god is for real 14 hr shadow 9
Fox News was voted America's most Trusted Network (Jul '14) 14 hr DID-U-NO 79
Liberal Indoctrination At UTM Dept of Education 15 hr DID-U-NO 35
looking for gay men for friends only ( this mea... (Mar '11) 15 hr Polish 63
Chris Gillies coaching at UT Martin? (Dec '13) 15 hr sally 82

Winter Storm Warning for Weakley County was issued at March 03 at 2:08AM CST

Martin Dating
Find my Match