First Prev
of 5
Next Last
martin

Milan, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2010
what happened to him. does anybody know
Mayor McCheese

Cookeville, TN

#2 Mar 29, 2010
martin wrote:
what happened to him. does anybody know
What planet have you been living on??????????
martin

Milan, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2010
i guess i dont gossip as much as other people on here
guest

Greeneville, TN

#4 Mar 29, 2010
martin wrote:
i guess i dont gossip as much as other people on here
do you read the newspaper. It was on the front page.
guest

Milan, TN

#5 Mar 30, 2010
newspaper
asdfjkl

Union City, TN

#6 Apr 2, 2010
if you type his name in google you get tons of information.
newmommy

Cookeville, TN

#8 Apr 4, 2010
why is everyone scooting around the question? seems like everyone on this site loves to talk about everyone elses' business.
Your momma

Milan, TN

#9 Apr 4, 2010
hello.....read the other post about the westview teacher that got arrested for child molestation. Then you will know about Stan Vickers. There's no need to start another post about this travesty. Where have you people been....under a rock?
Mayor McCheese

Cookeville, TN

#10 Apr 4, 2010
Your momma wrote:
hello.....read the other post about the westview teacher that got arrested for child molestation. Then you will know about Stan Vickers. There's no need to start another post about this travesty. Where have you people been....under a rock?
I hear you. It's been on the radio, tv, newspaper and most likely on the friggin Goodyear Blimp
concerned in martin

Union City, TN

#11 Apr 4, 2010
There is a need to continue discussing this. Odds are, there are still young men or boys who haven't come forward to the authorities yet. I'm sure that finding the inner strength to speak out is unimaginable BUT hope that each one can in time. If is swept under the rug rather than being discussed....they will not be encouraged.

If anyone reading this knows of someone who they are close to who was in a situation where they might be a vicitim; then please encourage them to talk to the authorities. Trust me, they won't be alone!!

The Martin PD is to be applauded for their work and getting this man off the streets of Martin and away from our children. So sorry for those that he took advantage of, but thankfully he is where he can't victimize anyone else!!

I pray for all victims to have the strength to come forward and for their healing to begin.
nono

Cookeville, TN

#12 Apr 5, 2010
concerned in martin wrote:
There is a need to continue discussing this. Odds are, there are still young men or boys who haven't come forward to the authorities yet. I'm sure that finding the inner strength to speak out is unimaginable BUT hope that each one can in time. If is swept under the rug rather than being discussed....they will not be encouraged.
If anyone reading this knows of someone who they are close to who was in a situation where they might be a vicitim; then please encourage them to talk to the authorities. Trust me, they won't be alone!!
The Martin PD is to be applauded for their work and getting this man off the streets of Martin and away from our children. So sorry for those that he took advantage of, but thankfully he is where he can't victimize anyone else!!
I pray for all victims to have the strength to come forward and for their healing to begin.
your martin police had no clue of this they found out when the feds came in to get him.if mpd knew about it before them it probably would have been looked over because of his parents money.
Concerned in martin

Union City, TN

#13 Apr 5, 2010
Sorry to dispute your comment but YES they did know....how do you think the Feds became involved? No amount of money is going to keep him from getting what he deserves. Like I posted previously, this community needs to support the victims in this nightmare. Whether they are victims of molestation, or his crazy sexual hazing bets and dares; they are all victims!

I have no clue if his parents have money or not, but I do know that one perverted teacher, coach and resident of this town is behind bars and will hopefully never walk the streets with his evil agenda again.

Personally, I contribute that to the Martin Police Dept & especially detective Hatler! Thank you for protecting future victims from this predator!!

Please continue to encourage others who know anything to contact the MPD. Let's keep the support up for these victims!
the Equalizer

Martin, TN

#14 Apr 5, 2010
nono wrote:
<quoted text> your martin police had no clue of this they found out when the feds came in to get him.if mpd knew about it before them it probably would have been looked over because of his parents money.
I don't know what the motive would be to make such an unfounded statement. How on earth would the FBI had known about the case unless they were contacted by the Martin Police Department?

This case has been handled by the local police department in an exemplary fashion. The FBI has been impressed with the Martin Police Department. The MPD is on my permanent Hero list. We are very fortunate indeed to have Chief Moore and Investigator Hatler in our midst. They have worked tirelessly to pull the aforementioned vermin off the streets to protect the children of our community.

It sounds like you just got bad info.

The MPD deserves a commendation not an erroneous smacking.
Guest

Milan, TN

#16 Apr 5, 2010
what happen on april 1st hearing
Martin MAN

Milan, TN

#17 Apr 5, 2010
dont know
newmommy

Cookeville, TN

#18 Apr 5, 2010
jesus christ people, yes we feel bad for the victim, and yes i understand that all martin people feel the need to bash this man and his family. but the family had nothing to do with it. his wife is a sweet woman who had no idea about this. yes, what he did was wrong and he deserves more than a slap on the wrist but leave his family alone. i don't see any of you attacking bruce tuck's family and what he did was just as bad!
the Equalizer

Martin, TN

#19 Apr 5, 2010
Guest wrote:
what happen on april 1st hearing
The hearing was 3 hours long. the first part was to show probable cause. Of course there was, so on the next phase; detention.
The burden was on the defense to prove that Stan should be released on bail. The statutes that he broke in the carrying out of these crimes were written by Congress with the status quo being no bonding out because of the seriousness of the offense committed against a minor.
The defense attorney asked the judge if the taped conversations between Stan and the alleged victim could be played that day in the courtroom. So they were. It was brutal.
Then the defense attorney called three character witness to the stand on Stan's behalf and each of the three were crossed by the prosecutor for the US Government, Dan Newsom.

Then closing arguments on both sides.

Then the judge's decision.

The judge ruled that Stan stays in jail. The grand jury meets tomorrow. He will be formally indicted after that.

Then up to 90 days will be allowed for discovery.

Choice is to to plead guilty or not guilty and then there would be a trial if he pleads not guilty. Look for the first choice to occur, although there's no guarantee.
Character witness

Monterey, TN

#20 Apr 5, 2010
the Equalizer wrote:
<quoted text>
The hearing was 3 hours long. the first part was to show probable cause. Of course there was, so on the next phase; detention.
The burden was on the defense to prove that Stan should be released on bail. The statutes that he broke in the carrying out of these crimes were written by Congress with the status quo being no bonding out because of the seriousness of the offense committed against a minor.
The defense attorney asked the judge if the taped conversations between Stan and the alleged victim could be played that day in the courtroom. So they were. It was brutal.
Then the defense attorney called three character witness to the stand on Stan's behalf and each of the three were crossed by the prosecutor for the US Government, Dan Newsom.
Then closing arguments on both sides.
Then the judge's decision.
The judge ruled that Stan stays in jail. The grand jury meets tomorrow. He will be formally indicted after that.
Then up to 90 days will be allowed for discovery.
Choice is to to plead guilty or not guilty and then there would be a trial if he pleads not guilty. Look for the first choice to occur, although there's no guarantee.
So, who were these three character witnesses?
the Equalizer

Martin, TN

#21 Apr 5, 2010
Character witness wrote:
<quoted text>
So, who were these three character witnesses?
I can't in good conscience do that to Stan's family. I have wept for them over the past five days as they were blindsided at the hearing. The transcripts to the hearing are probably a public record. I don't know where to look for that.
His family loves him no matter what and it was his right as a US citizen to seek bail.
It doesn't matter who the character witnesses are. They were deeply shocked after hearing those tapes.
My biggest concern now is that people need to pull their heads out of the sand and not bury this story because there are more like him everywhere and the beautiful and innocent children are so at risk. Telling your children to tell you if an adult touches them in the wrong way doesn't work on predators like Stan. He knew exactly how to ease his victims into it. This is how a predator works.
There is no such thing as Mayberry and Martin sure "ain't" it by a long-shot.
Your momma

Milan, TN

#22 Apr 5, 2010
Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>I hear you. It's been on the radio, tv, newspaper and most likely on the friggin Goodyear Blimp
Even my mother-in-law from Mississippi knew about this before I could tell her. She had heard it on the news channel out of Memphis. It's not being swept under the rug as some other posters have mentioned, but there is no need to call it gossip or anything other than the nasty truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single guys 47 min Russell 2
Tim sexton 12 hr eric 2
kevin Scott 16 hr guest 1
looking for gay men for friends only ( this mea... (Mar '11) 21 hr Choco 64
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Sat interesting 298
Disabilty liars (Jun '14) Sat tiredofit 18
ray Apr 30 Kim 1
More from around the web

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]