Police Harassment
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
UnknowN

Union City, TN

#1 Jun 5, 2013
I was at the Martin parks complex the other day when two police cruisers came flying up. Three officers exited the cruisers all three were fat with head shaven (probably pretending they were in Afghanistan....dream on fat asses). So they stand up the hill and watch as three men were fishing they stand there for several minutes.Finally they approach one man and search him mind you he has been doing nothing but fishing finally they leave him after at least 20 to 30 of questioning. Who do these cops think they are? BTW one of the cops left his cruiser running the entire time to make sure the AC was continuously running for when he returned. Thanks for your tax dollars people of Martin because he's not paying for that gas you are! It's time this MAYOR AND HIS POLICE CHIEF ARE RELIEVED OF THEIR COMMAND!!! It's bad enough that our mayor could be cast in the remake of Dukes of Hazzard as Boss Hog. I have no respect for the Martin Police Department and I wasn't even the victim of this bs.
Known

Longview, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2013
UnknowN wrote:
I was at the Martin parks complex the other day when two police cruisers came flying up. Three officers exited the cruisers all three were fat with head shaven (probably pretending they were in Afghanistan....dream on fat asses). So they stand up the hill and watch as three men were fishing they stand there for several minutes.Finally they approach one man and search him mind you he has been doing nothing but fishing finally they leave him after at least 20 to 30 of questioning. Who do these cops think they are? BTW one of the cops left his cruiser running the entire time to make sure the AC was continuously running for when he returned. Thanks for your tax dollars people of Martin because he's not paying for that gas you are! It's time this MAYOR AND HIS POLICE CHIEF ARE RELIEVED OF THEIR COMMAND!!! It's bad enough that our mayor could be cast in the remake of Dukes of Hazzard as Boss Hog. I have no respect for the Martin Police Department and I wasn't even the victim of this bs.
What you say is sad,but so true.
Scanner Man

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2013
UnknowN wrote:
Another example of a low information, ignorant Topix Troll. What you are leaving out is that they were there at the pond trying to catch those people smoking dope, having a drug transaction , and fishing. The main guy threw his weed in the pond, so they had no evidence. Leave the policing to the professionals and resume your own pathetic cop hating life. P.S. the car is running because of the electronics and car video running. I went through the citizens police academy to learn what they do, maybe you should too so you will no longer be ignorant!!
Yeah Right

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2013
Where the car was parked made it impossible to record video of what was going. Why was the other cruiser not left running. I bet they fed you all kinds of bs in their school. The fact is we live in a police state. RESIST or all your rights will be taken. Suspect should have just ran no way those fat slobs wouldve caught him. Haha
Bystander

United States

#6 Jun 6, 2013
Actually, Scanner Man is correct with his comment except for the reason that the one cruiser was left running. That particular officer had a police dog in the car. They leave the cars running that have dogs in them for temperature control just like everyone else is required to do if they leave an animal locked inside a vehicle. I think the rest of the comments are just trying to stir up trouble. Martin police are pretty even keel in my opinion, but in reality they are damned if they do...damned if they don't.
Hello

Martin, TN

#7 Jun 6, 2013
Leave the pot smokers alone and go get the meth/crack heads.
joker

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2013
Maybe they should be out looking for the man who escaped from jail. Martin cops=useless
LeRoy

Martin, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2013
what did that have to do with Martin police? escaped from county jail and headed to nashville..
UnknowN

Union City, TN

#10 Jun 6, 2013
Who said he is headed to Nashville? Oh the same people that were in charge of keeping him locked up. Wow you believe everything the media or the man tells you huh?
LeRoy

Martin, TN

#11 Jun 7, 2013
where did he get free? in Martin? noooooo..you think he would hang around? You are a dik head
some are ok

Rowlett, TX

#12 Jun 7, 2013
I know they are trying to do there jobs but they do sometimes kinda push there limits and cross the line.. they have been pulling over a bunch of people over seat belts lately and asking to search vehicles. Some are ok and some aren't. Have to understand that they are just like us when they don't have on their uniform. One of them stalks me around everywhere! He's married and he knows I am. But when I needed them to search my house cause my door was opened when I came home they went in guns pulled and did there job and waited til I was at ease to leave. Its a small town and when nothing is going on I think they just get bored and try to find stuff to do.
oh geez

Martin, TN

#13 Jun 8, 2013
FYI If you are pulled over for speeding or seat belt and they ask to search your car. You have the right to say NO because they don't have a warrent. And they can not arrest you for not allowing them to do that. Its YOUR RIGHT!
concerned

White Oak, TX

#14 Jun 9, 2013
They are a joke.
Well

United States

#16 Jun 10, 2013
oh geez wrote:
FYI If you are pulled over for speeding or seat belt and they ask to search your car. You have the right to say NO because they don't have a warrent. And they can not arrest you for not allowing them to do that. Its YOUR RIGHT!
FYI, I always said I would never take advice from someone who misspelled a word such as warrant. Sorry I think it's funnier when they waste their time doing something dumb like that.
basket

Memphis, TN

#17 Jun 10, 2013
well the whole truth is theres a woman been missing from a close county she all over the news on billboards an she right here in this county an the so called cops wont follow the leads an the f b I wont either
bull

Memphis, TN

#18 Jun 10, 2013
you are a low life liar basket that has nothing to do with this topic
Wow

Benton, KY

#19 Jun 10, 2013
Let me get this straight. Three officers and three police cruisers were held up for close to a half an hour over some "weed"? Was meth., cocaine, heroine, LSD, ecstasy suspected? If so was this based on undercover work or just because "drugs" were suspected? If drugs were suspected why was the dog left in the car? I am just trying to understand why three officers were needed and does anybody other than the police care if "weed" was present? I am just trying to learn a few things. Also if I did not spell a few words incorrectly, kindly so me where I was wrong and see if you can still get the idea of what I am trying to say.
Wow

Benton, KY

#20 Jun 10, 2013
Sorry show not so etc.
Bow Wow

Martin, TN

#21 Jun 10, 2013
As stated by the original poster, it was 2 cars;3 officers. Since MPD doesn't generally ride 2 to a car, I'm going to guess and say that one of them is in training. I would also bet that someone called the police about drug activity. I as most, would not care if someone smokes weed at their house, but I would rather someone not do it at the city park near the ball fields and playgrounds. As a matter of fact, if someone is stupid enough to smoke weed at the city park of all places, they probably deserve to be questioned. As for the dog being left in the car, police can only use a drug dog on a vehicle stop. There is no expectation of privacy on the open air outside of a vehicle. However, there is an expectation of privacy of someone's person or a residence. In other words, without a warrant, they can use a dog to sniff a car, but not a house or person. Therefore, there was no need for the dog to be out of the car if the guy was on foot fishing. Hope that helps.
some are ok

Newbern, TN

#22 Jun 11, 2013
oh geez wrote:
Yes I know that. I didn't say anything about that. I mean it wouldn't matter to me if they did or not all they would find is a pocket knife I keep in my console. But when they take everything out and find nothing they don't have the respect to put it all back, but they demand respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's Time We Made Some Real Changes 38 min LMAO 32
Michael Rea From MTD 1 hr Shelia 2
Bartolas Steakhouse 6 hr Neil Gamby 30
Dragon Buffet 16 hr Bubble guts 8
milf. name them 17 hr Charlie69 14
Any woman DTF tonight? (Sep '13) 18 hr Dillinger 47
Westview Football? 18 hr Reality 53

Martin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance