Since: Dec 11

#47799 Sep 20, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, I'm kinda thinking that either Dee, Vet, and Tim can't figure out any good points in Romney's favor to put forth in a Debate or, is it possible that they have seen the light and don't even support Romney for President anymore? I wonder...
Whatever the reason, it does seem odd that they have disappeared, one by one, before the election. And they say Democrats have no staying power, yet we're still here, even me with all of the abuse that I've taken for so long, I've almost become desensitized to it, but I just couldn't "throw in the towel and walk away" as many times as I've wanted to and threatened to and had intentions to...I just couldn't do it. But, where are they?
Could it be that we Democrats are more loyal and have beliefs based on FACTS and Principle and they are only loyal as long as their Candidate, or anybody, can benefit them personally and the minute that's in doubt, their loyalty and support goes right out the window, and they disappear, also? I wonder...
Pardon me for interjecting my own opinion;(isn't that why we are all here?), but I must restate the obvious.
You said "OT, I'm kinda thinking that either Dee, Vet, and Tim can't figure out any good points in Romney's favor to put forth in a Debate." allow me (if you please)...
He isn't Obama!
Argument over we can move on now! Swing voters and Independents will ban together with "Gun toting Bible Thumping" Americans (Republicans) to toss Obama out!
and children won't have to eat TOFU Pizza in public school lunch rooms anymore!
Give some to get some

Union City, TN

#47801 Sep 20, 2012
Candidate 2012 wrote:
There's something in the back of my mind that says Romney just doesn't want to be president anymore. This has been mused about before, but if you want to take him sympathetically...
He's wanted to run for President for ages. In some theories he's been running for damn near twenty years. He became Governor of a Blue state. He was very proud of Romneycare as his defining contribution to his Massachusetts Legacy. He probably thought that his successful businessman and governor of a blue state character would help him be able to market himself as a business-friendly moderate that the country needs.
Then the Tea Party happens. Obama jacks his plan as a plan B for healthcare. The Tea Party is against everything Obama is for, and thus, against his signature piece of legislation he was hoping to campaign on he has to campaign against.
He can't campaign as a moderate. He has to swing hard right because his base went insane. He's probably doing things even he regrets at this point. The last twenty years of planning his career are ruined, and he has to pull random insanity out of his ass. Douchebags like Reince Preibus telling him to vile it up. He realizes he doesn't have the personality behind all this, and everyone hates him.
And the house, of cards, is fallind down

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#47802 Sep 20, 2012
Yep, the Tea Party seems to have rendered the GOP impotent in terms of General Election chances of victory. Such a victory requires getting votes beyond a candidate's immediate base. The Tea Party, in their zeal for "purity," has eliminated the possibility of giving their blessing to any GOP candidate who might be guilty of being, gasp, a moderate (or RINO, in their eyes).

This results in thrilling primary victories and victories on the state level in red states, but it doesn't bode well for GOP candidates in national elections where, again, they need votes outside of their immediate base.
Give some to get some

Union City, TN

#47803 Sep 20, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for interjecting my own opinion;(isn't that why we are all here?), but I must restate the obvious.
You said "OT, I'm kinda thinking that either Dee, Vet, and Tim can't figure out any good points in Romney's favor to put forth in a Debate." allow me (if you please)...
He isn't Obama!
Argument over we can move on now! Swing voters and Independents will ban together with "Gun toting Bible Thumping" Americans (Republicans) to toss Obama out!
Thers room in the water for you, come on let me see you jump ship, befour it goes down. LOL
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#47804 Sep 20, 2012
The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
A union would prevent a good employee from getting fired simply because he reminded his supervisor of his ex-son in law.
And unions keep inept teachers in the classroom, unproductive union stewards in their offices, and union dues going to the most corrupt officials in the country.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Nolensville, TN

#47805 Sep 20, 2012
Bank of America just announced that 16000 of their employees will be laid off between now and the end of the year. Keep up the good work, Barry!

Google it!
Give some to get some

Union City, TN

#47806 Sep 20, 2012
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
<quoted text>
And unions keep inept teachers in the classroom, unproductive union stewards in their offices, and union dues going to the most corrupt officials in the country.
And your ship is sinking, or is it stinking. You make that choice.

Location hidden

#47807 Sep 20, 2012
Barry Obama Is a Failure wrote:
Bank of America just announced that 16000 of their employees will be laid off between now and the end of the year. Keep up the good work, Barry!
Google it!
Not enough TARP for them?

Location hidden

#47808 Sep 20, 2012
New poll shows Obama leads Romney in swing states

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-shows...

Fox News released a new poll Thursday showing that President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney in three battleground states, topping off a week of bad-news polling for the Republican presidential nominee in toss-up states.

The poll, which covered Ohio, Virginia and Florida, shows Obama leading the former governor by seven points in both Ohio (49 to 42 percent) and Virginia (50 to 43 percent). In Florida, Obama leads by five points (49 to 44 percent), which is within the poll's margin of error. Obama won all three states in 2008, marking the first time Virginia voted for a Democratic president since 1964.

In Michigan and Wisconsin, Obama has also opened up a lead against his rival: A CNN poll puts him up eight points in Michigan (52 to 44 percent), and one from Marquette Law School has Obama leading Romney by 14 points in Wisconsin (54 to 40 percent). In August, Obama led Romney in Wisconsin by only three points.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#47809 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Not enough TARP for them?
Tarp ? That was used for bonuses for the one percenters "OA". These are the peons that can be replaced with cheaper employees, now that everything that can be, has been "offshored" as Mitt says. They probably got a cut in pay before they got the axe. These folks will become some of the 46, 47, 48% that Mitt has written off.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#47811 Sep 20, 2012
Here's the Story that "Dunlapian" was referring to. Man, they know when a ship is going down and none of them want to be the last one to leave. Teapublicans are such a Loyal Bunch (NOT)!
----------
"Pawlenty Quits As Romney Campaign Co-Chair."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/pawlenty-q...
Goforthegold

United States

#47812 Sep 20, 2012
Amen and amen!
<quoted text>
He isn't Obama!
Mitt who

Knoxville, TN

#47813 Sep 20, 2012
Time to take down Mitt Romney campaign sing I don't anyone to know I was thinking about voting for him.

Location hidden

#47814 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
He isn't Obama!
Ari, your timing couldn't have been worse for making this Post! Lol!
And..."He isn't Obama" is not a valid reason to vote for anybody, for President. You'd think the Republicans would have learned that from electing G.W. Bush and the best reason they could give for doing so was, "he was the Candidate they would most like to invite to a Bar-BQ"!
I'm beginning to believe that we need better Voters, maybe even more than we need better Candidates!

And btw Ari, TOFU isn't all bad. In fact, considering the amount of saturated fat in the Southern "Comfort Food" Diet, alittle Tofu might be a good thing for the Kids, health-wise!:)

Location hidden

#47816 Sep 20, 2012
Mitt who wrote:
Time to take down Mitt Romney campaign sing I don't anyone to know I was thinking about voting for him.
LMAO! I laughed my Butt off when I read your post...and your User Name! That's very funny! LOL!

Location hidden

#47817 Sep 20, 2012
New poll shows Obama leads Romney in swing states
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-shows...
Fox News released a new poll Thursday showing that President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney in three battleground states, topping off a week of bad-news polling for the Republican presidential nominee in toss-up states.
The poll, which covered Ohio, Virginia and Florida, shows Obama leading the former governor by seven points in both Ohio (49 to 42 percent) and Virginia (50 to 43 percent). In Florida, Obama leads by five points (49 to 44 percent), which is within the poll's margin of error. Obama won all three states in 2008, marking the first time Virginia voted for a Democratic president since 1964.
In Michigan and Wisconsin, Obama has also opened up a lead against his rival: A CNN poll puts him up eight points in Michigan (52 to 44 percent), and one from Marquette Law School has Obama leading Romney by 14 points in Wisconsin (54 to 40 percent). In August, Obama led Romney in Wisconsin by only three points.
Funny, there's been an absence of commentary from conservatives concerning this particular Fox"News" poll.
The Real Truth

Nashville, TN

#47818 Sep 20, 2012
Out of the 47% who pay no income taxes-61% of them have a job that pays payroll taxes to the federal government. More than 10% of them are Military families. The majority of the rest are elderly and retired. When you remove these groups from the 47% you end up with only 7% of American that do not pay taxes. Learn Arithmetic. Learn to do your own research and stop listening to the millionaire talk show hosts that only make money of your ignorance.

Location hidden

#47819 Sep 20, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Tarp ? That was used for bonuses for the one percenters "OA". These are the peons that can be replaced with cheaper employees, now that everything that can be, has been "offshored" as Mitt says. They probably got a cut in pay before they got the axe. These folks will become some of the 46, 47, 48% that Mitt has written off.
Bank Of America was one of the main Big Banks that almost went under, but I can't remember why nor why they didn't...did we bail them out or what? You'd have to have an Executive Assistant to keep track of all these Big Banks that were "Shucking and Jiving", trying to stay afloat after they had ripped off everybody they could and almost destroyed themselves in the process, due to pure incompetence and greed of the Upper-Mgmt.!
If the Story pops up on my News Feed, I'll post it. I'm sure it'll tell the whole story.

Location hidden

#47820 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Funny, there's been an absence of commentary from conservatives concerning this particular Fox"News" poll.
OA, I just can't imagine why, can you?(sarcasm). Wonder what kind of "spin" they'll finally come up with to explain these latest "happenings"? It's going to have to be a "doozie"!
Easy Answer

Nashville, TN

#47821 Sep 20, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Bush/Cheney aren't in Office, anymore! Try to keep up, will you?
Keep up? So under Bush/Cheny we had ambassadors killed and embassies under siege? What article are you going to pull out to try and say it was because of someone in the Tea Party?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kkk 2 hr Imperial 3
Do you think Obama has united our Country ??? 3 hr Al sharpton 60
Dana Sprouse 8 hr It happens 3
keeley adams black lover 8 hr goodolboy 1
little ill will 9 hr raraa 13
westview high school report card Fri trojan horse 7
why isn't santa's village taking toys or food Fri Weakley County Ci... 5
Martin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Martin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Martin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM
Full AFC, NFC Playoff Outlook, Week 16 Predictions
NBC Sports 6:35 AM
Whitehurst: May not look like it, but we can win
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions