Who is doing Rapid Refunds on taxes S...

Who is doing Rapid Refunds on taxes Since H&R Block quit

Posted in the Martin Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Numb Chuckle

Richmond, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2011
Who is Doing Rapid Refunds since H&R Block quit. I do not know any other places in Martin.
somebody that knows

Logan, WV

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Although H&R is no longer offering "rapid refund" they still have fast money options. The reason H&R is not offering rapid refund is because of federal regulations imposed on the bank that backed the rapid refund. This has happened to a number of other banks and to a lot of other tax offices. You should visit your local H&R office for more details about the options that will be available to you.
Michelle

Wausau, WI

#4 Jan 28, 2011
H&R Block can blame federal regulations, but there are other tax companies still doing rapid refunds. Which leads me to believe there is other reasoning that is not being announced. Being the most popular tax filing company out there you would think that they would be able to wait a little longer for their money or take the "risk" but they aren't. So if you would like a rapid refund I know that Liberty Tax Services and Jackson Hewitt are offering them as well as others I'm sure. I have been using H&R Block for 10 years, and they have lost my loyalty this year.
ahim sure

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jan 29, 2011
willams taxes in prestonsburg
Brandy

El Monte, CA

#6 Dec 6, 2012
Wow..i have been with h&r block since I was 18...now 39...unbelievable!!! Guess its time to use someone else and to think of all the years I was loyal...something else is goin on...i have to agree!!! Time to MOVE ON!!
Michelle wrote:
H&R Block can blame federal regulations, but there are other tax companies still doing rapid refunds. Which leads me to believe there is other reasoning that is not being announced. Being the most popular tax filing company out there you would think that they would be able to wait a little longer for their money or take the "risk" but they aren't. So if you would like a rapid refund I know that Liberty Tax Services and Jackson Hewitt are offering them as well as others I'm sure. I have been using H&R Block for 10 years, and they have lost my loyalty this year.
jennifer

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jan 24, 2013
I'm confused I called and h&r block told me no one does rapid refund anymore
DeeDee

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2013
I did my taxes with h&r block for the last 12 yrs last year they charged me to do the rapid refund and it took just as long to get my refund if I would have waited the normal time. Serisouly thinking about going somewhere else this year.
unsafe driver

Virgie, KY

#9 Jan 25, 2013
ME ALSO !! TOOK 6 MOTHS.!!!!!!!!!
Just Me

El Monte, CA

#10 Jan 28, 2013
If you go rapid you have your money in a couple days, especially when you get the emerald card or direct deposit. I was also informed that H&R Block is no longer offering the rapid refund option. But I was told that the costs to do the rapid refund is too high on the clients. Sounds like bs either way they put it because if a person wants their money back fast and are willing to pay the fees then why can't they have it their way. I'm definitely an unhappy client right now. I guess its time to pack it up and move on elsewhere. Good luck everyone!
Steve

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jan 17, 2014
I was told No one does the true rapid refund anymore,I use to do my own taxes and started going to H&R block because of rapid refund and would get my check 24 hrs later and got to be such a good customer I even got the Anticipation loan, where they would give you so much money in a check right there that same day.
But yes because of Gov. regulations due to the fact that dead beat dads and such would owe back child support and would get rapid refund done
and get their money before the Gov. could get their hands on it to pay their back child support, that's basically why they did away with the Rapid Refund.I SUCKS OUT LOUD....So now I will just go back to doing my own taxes and getting them back just as fast as I would paying These tax places 100 or more dollars to do them.
Robert Clark

Warner Robins, GA

#12 Feb 6, 2014
To the dousche bag hollering its guys not paying child support. My ex wife owes 50,000 she's not in jail ...go get her. Lol
Robert Clark

Warner Robins, GA

#13 Feb 6, 2014
Steve wrote:
I was told No one does the true rapid refund anymore,I use to do my own taxes and started going to H&R block because of rapid refund and would get my check 24 hrs later and got to be such a good customer I even got the Anticipation loan, where they would give you so much money in a check right there that same day.
But yes because of Gov. regulations due to the fact that dead beat dads and such would owe back child support and would get rapid refund done
and get their money before the Gov. could get their hands on it to pay their back child support, that's basically why they did away with the Rapid Refund.I SUCKS OUT LOUD....So now I will just go back to doing my own taxes and getting them back just as fast as I would paying These tax places 100 or more dollars to do them.
hey I guess women Dont have to pay child support. My kids mom hasn't. She isn't in jail either. So say dead beat parents. Not dads. Dads go to jail. Moms get laid and party.
jenn

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Jan 13, 2015
Robert Clark wrote:
<quoted text>hey I guess women Dont have to pay child support. My kids mom hasn't. She isn't in jail either. So say dead beat parents. Not dads. Dads go to jail. Moms get laid and party.
I pay child support. Relax.
Jill

Tampa, FL

#15 Jan 29, 2015
Why did I pay a rapid refund fee of 210 dollars if they don't do rapid refunds...
Nina

Reading, PA

#16 Feb 23, 2015
Tax offices are not like McDonalds you don't always get it your way.
Other offices may offer things that are close to rapid refund however like everything nothing is perfect. You talk about being with the offices for a few years and have everything be fine but then because your money is late your going to drop them??...Yet you will blame the tax office that they lost your loyalty. How does that make sense. Also what are you people doing when its not tax season? Are you working?? You do have a job don't you? Because I'm just confused. I mean you are getting your taxes done..so why are you ranting/whining and crying like children because you haven't received money yet?? You have a job. Just because your getting a refund doesn't mean stop being an adult. You shouldn't be spending money you don't have but you think you do. If its not in your hand do not assume you can splurge. Do not then blame others because you don't have the money and now you have no heat or your electric was turned off or you can't pay any or your bills now or my favorite that you can't pay rent and now your getting kicked out and its all because of ___from ___tax office. Reality slap that's your own fault.
TRUTHFUL TAXES

West New York, NJ

#17 Apr 25, 2015
DeeDee wrote:
I did my taxes with h&r block for the last 12 yrs last year they charged me to do the rapid refund and it took just as long to get my refund if I would have waited the normal time. Serisouly thinking about going somewhere else this year.
Try www.truthfultaxes.com you will be really impressed :)
Rachel6468
#18 Feb 11, 2016
I understand that this may be something that you personally may have dealt with, but to generalize all "dead beat dads" as being the cause of H&R blocks decision to discontinue rapid refunds is equivalent to me saying...

"Walmart doesn't offer lay-a-way anymore because poor lazy single moms would put baby items on layaway and then not pay their balance which forced Walmart to put all of their merchandise back on the floor."

Sounds stupid right? Exactly. Although some single mothers may have not been able to pick up their items on layaway, this is by far the reason for Walmart's decision to discontinue layaway. Furthermore, its ignorant to assume that all single mothers are lazy and poor, just as it is ignorant to assume that all dead beats are Men.

lesson: Think before you type
Rachel6468
#19 Feb 11, 2016
Steve wrote:
I understand that this may be something that you personally may have dealt with, but to generalize all "dead beat dads" as being the cause of H&R blocks decision to discontinue rapid refunds is equivalent to me saying...

"Walmart doesn't offer lay-a-way anymore because poor lazy single moms would put baby items on layaway and then not pay their balance which forced Walmart to put all of their merchandise back on the floor."

Sounds stupid right? Exactly. Although some single mothers may have not been able to pick up their items on layaway, this is by far the reason for Walmart's decision to discontinue layaway. Furthermore, its ignorant to assume that all single mothers are lazy and poor, just as it is ignorant to assume that all dead beats are Men.

lesson: Think before you type
yarberryrose

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 16, 2016
Hope long does it take to get your refund from H. &R tax services?
The guy on the couch

Detroit, MI

#21 Feb 22, 2016
Rapid refunds are/were for the poor with 'tax babies' they want their money NOW!! God forbid they had to wait a few weeks before going to red lobster and buying crap at Walmart just to return most of it in a month. I cannot fathom paying someone $200-$300 to get a 24hr refund. I guess if I worked at McDonald's and had 4 kids by 5 different guys then I might think different. People are stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 148,102
Universal well service 7 hr Bitchi3069 1
Felisha Phee (Mar '15) 12 hr concerned 22
Dean Hunter 12 hr Curious 1
Karen Keens 21 hr Monkey 2
~+~ Last Post Wins ~+~ (Oct '11) Wed Alex Nicole 3,355
THE HAYes (Mar '13) Wed Knows the answers 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Martin Mortgages