Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 164867 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#112856 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot explain how goddidit. Was it magic? Was it some chemistry? You don't know, nor can know.
You have just made several claims that have absolutely zero evidence.
Less Magic, that your religion requires!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112857 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I use you word to point out your hypocrisy. Now show evidence of my hypocrisy?
I see you got nothing as always.
I've have far more sense in the tip of my pinky finger, than what you'll ever be able to think about having.

BOSTON bombings "Duquette"

Where's your outrage on the maiming and killing of innocents in THAT "Duquette"

Why haven't we "lobbed bombs" on the ones still existing that participated in that?

Or are you PRO-terrorist, under the guise of "legalism" Duquette?

Sure sounds like you are.

In which case, if you are-you can

"GFY" too-because terrorists are the SCUM at the bottom of the barrels of humanity.
birdie

Lawrence, MA

#112858 Sep 11, 2013
Yyy
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112859 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well that defies the plan you suggested the other day. Forget about that already?
Must you always contradict yourself?
So are you for or against secularism? Be clear!
It defies nothing, and there's no contradiction what so ever.

It seems however, you would rather deny REALITY because you seem to think that "secularism" is the bandaid fox for everything.

Well guess what Duquette, it's NOT.

But dream on.

Add BTW, catch any of the new 9/11 rememberances this week?

Nice one on the musueam at Ground Zero.

Of the many-two rather interesting relics worthy of mention come to mind-

One a page from the Bible-forever melted onto apiece of steel.
http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-memorial/v...

Guess what page of verses just happened to be immortally preserved for TIME Duquette.....

AND

The CROSS of Ground Zero......

agged, pagan-seeming tridents. A grief-exhausted excavator named Frank Silecchia found it on Sept. 13, 2001, two days after the terrorist attacks. A few days later, he spoke to a Franciscan priest named Father Brian Jordan, who was blessing remains at Ground Zero.

“Father, you want to see God’s House?” he asked.“Look over there.”

Father Brian peered through the fields of shredded metal.“What am I looking for?” he asked. Silecchia replied,“Just keep looking, Father, and see what you see.”

“Oh my God,” Father Brian said.“I see it.”

As Father Brian stared, other rescue workers gathered around him. There was a long moment of silence as he beheld what he considered to be a sign. Against seeming insuperable odds, a 17-foot-long crossbeam, weighing at least two tons, was thrust at a vertical angle in the hellish wasteland. Like a cross.

Ever since the two jets had slammed into the twin towers on Sept. 11, leaving 2,753 dead, Father Brian had been asked by countless New Yorkers,“Why did God do this?” He would reply tartly, in his Brooklyn-born accent:“It had nuttin’ to do with God. This was the actions of men who abused their free will.” Now here was God explaining Himself. It was a revelation, proof that “God had not abandoned Ground Zero,” even as the awful excavations continued...(Kenkins, S. "9/11 memorials: The story of the cross at Ground Zero". Washington Post. 9/8/2011)

Go ahead Duquette-promote your lunaTIC, judegit haters living in their little fantasy worlds--that apparently have NO CLUE of reality...let alone of DECENCY and RESPECT of and for OTHERS.

You UnAmerican, terrorist appeasing dirtbag.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112860 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who said it had anything to do with each other? All I am pointing out is your contradictory claims.
You repeatedly fall back to the ignorant WHINE of "what about Iraq"
REPEATEDLY.

In fact, I think you'd rather WHINE about that-than face the REAL truth in the DIFFERENCES between Then and Now.

You UNPatrioTic, anti-American, terrorist scum appeasing hypocrite. At your level- "GFY" too, dirtbag.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112861 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Ban"? Nope, why would you blatantly lie about what I want? I am for freedom of religion, unlike the god of the bible.
Which is it Duquette? Which is it?

You going to slander and hate all over the symbolicness of the CROSS that brought so many people strength inthe months that followed next? Are you going to go there next DIRTBAG?

GET AWAY FROM and STAY AWAY from me if you do-SCUM.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112862 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I will just start guessing what you mean, as you cannot just say it. You think Saddam was the catalyst for Bin Laden to be a terrorist.
I say Saddam was a catalyst just as Reagan was a catalyst.
America should not go to war based upon these things.
Maybe if Bush Sr. Had let Bin Laden handle Saddam, their would be no catalyst in the context you cite.
There are lots of, what if scenarios, but they are not the reasons given for invading Iraq. The reasons were based upon lies.
You said NOTHING that I couldn't, and ALREADY haev repeatedly said of my own accord dirtbag, NOTHING.

Except even an IDIOT like you, should realize-bin_laden was a NO CHOICE in the eyes of Kuwait...who wanted NO PART of bib_ladens' "aid" in pushing Saddam back.

Why don't you just STHU Duquette, your HATRED of America and your LIES AGAINST are beyond contemptable now...you anti American , dirtbag SCUM.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112863 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well actually Islam does qualify for religious freedom in America. Were have you been? It is not illegal to be a Muslim in America. You can worship that religion all you wish.
The bible DEMANDS you kill those who try to sway you from your god. Yet this insane book is being pushed in the public schools.
So does the Koran dirtbag.

What's your point?

You have NONE?

YOu figure out the verse melded forever in time, found on the Bible page amongst the rubble of JIHADIST (NOT Christian) inflicted hell at Ground Zero yet , DIRTBAG?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112864 Sep 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a hobby and everybody needs one :)
I'll take a hobby too---YOU paying?

(cause you knowz, it just awrl good so long it off of anyone and everyone ELSES backs)

Thin ice Q, thin ice.

Absolutely DEMANDS and requires MODERATION and COMMON SENSE.

FIND SOME...and then PRACTICE it.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112865 Sep 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You might like this album then....
https://plus.google.com/photos/11043992667178...
Looked at tis one yet?

http://newmuseumme.national911memorial.org/
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112866 Sep 11, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was, other states have cities named Lodi too, which that song sorta describes my life at the moment, and my being a fan, I thought it quite fitting.
Sounds like you have a lot of personal problems, and expect others to fix them for you.

WRONG.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112867 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I can back up my claims with evidence. Now which claim do you dispute?
I oppose your superstition due to those like yourself who oppose science due to your religion.
Deuteronomy 13 6-10. Evidence.
FRom an UnPatrioTic, anti-American, bottom of the barrel, terrorust appeasing SCUM?

"GFY" and your givverment draining parasite puppets Duquette -and leave DECENT, honest, hard working people alone.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112868 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the bible is truth, then your god is evil.
If Deuteronomy is true, then your god ordered followers to murder.
Your superstition may spread even though the bible is full of atrocities by your god, but it does not mean it is true. Your religion got a giant upstart by murdering the non believers. The god and Jesus were used to help conquer and indoctrinate lands across the globe.
I note you avoided the claims and diverted. Common tactic to keep the faith, denial.
Anti American, CON.

Quit acting like SCUM Duquette...it shows all over your posts , like the sores all over the face of an addict.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112869 Sep 11, 2013
I Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Your word is truth.—John 17:17.
Try as they might, enemies of Bible truth have been unable to prevent its spread.“The word of God is not bound,” says 2 Timothy 2:9. In 1870 a group of sincere Bible students began searching for the truth. Their method of study? Someone would raise a question. They would discuss it. They would look up all related scriptures on the point, and then, when they were satisfied with the harmony of these texts, they would finally state their conclusion and make a record of it. Does it not reassure you to know that like the apostles and older men of the first century, those faithful men, our “spiritual ancestors” of the late 1800’s, were determined to align their beliefs solidly with God’s Word? Since everyone who desires to gain God’s approval must walk in the truth, may all of us continually strive to be guided by God’s Word
Oh, crap. Another JW at the door.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112870 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti American, CON.
Quit acting like SCUM Duquette...it shows all over your posts , like the sores all over the face of an addict.
Addicted to chocolate, are ya Sista? I could have guessed that. Have another box of bon-bons and tell us all about your favorite Bachelorette episode.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#112872 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take a hobby too---YOU paying?
(cause you knowz, it just awrl good so long it off of anyone and everyone ELSES backs)
Thin ice Q, thin ice.
Absolutely DEMANDS and requires MODERATION and COMMON SENSE.
FIND SOME...and then PRACTICE it.
Are you like 12 years old?
SistaNoneYa

Lexington, KY

#112873 Sep 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Addicted to chocolate, are ya Sista? I could have guessed that. Have another box of bon-bons and tell us all about your favorite Bachelorette episode.
According, what's in the middle?

And as far as that telebision show, puleeze..spare me the ignorance.
SistaNoneYa

Lexington, KY

#112874 Sep 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you like 12 years old?
Are you?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#112875 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have a lot of personal problems, and expect others to fix them for you.
WRONG.
Umm, Wrong again scooter, if I have any problems, witch I don't at the moment,(other than your stupidity, and everybody knows you can't fix stupid).... I fix them myself, I don't rely on magical beings.
Looks like you missed the point of my post. Lodi is named in a lot of states; I have worked in a lot of states, thus the song Stuck in a lodi (state) again.
It was a play on words sista.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#112876 Sep 11, 2013
What's the legislature doing this for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mosque in Prestonsburg (Aug '10) 15 hr Something is off 79
drug dealing in dinwood (Oct '16) 16 hr Wiggy is home 43
Wiggy 16 hr Wiggy is home 2
Meth in dinwood 16 hr Wiggy is home 38
does Debbie Scutchfield still live in Prestonsburg (Apr '10) 17 hr Bussey 10
David Jukebox (Jul '12) 18 hr Musikologist 16
Run boy run Jun 25 Wiggy is home 18

Martin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance