Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158082 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#109198 Jul 29, 2013
De Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you CLAIMING that Hitler never put sodium fluoride in the water and that America doesn't do that to the public to this day?
You might need to look into that. And no ignorance is not bliss.
And I guess you missed the part in the Declaration of Independence where it states the creator? Hmmm, I wonder who they are talking about? hahahaha
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Are you claiming that "Thou shalt not commit murder" is not in the United States Laws? Seriously? Not to difficult to figure out.
Or how about "Thou shalt not steal"? I'm guessing you missed that one too?
Floride is put into the water in the USA. What's your point?

Hitler probably took a sh*t once a day. Do people who take a sh*t once a day kill millions of Jews?

Do you understand what Deism is? Do you know what the Enlightenment was? Do you understand that most of the central thinkers involved in framing the US Constitution were heavily influenced by the Enlightenment?

Have you ever wondered why none of those documents mention Jesus or the Bible? In fact, the only reason Jefferson even gave a nod to any idea of a god was because he wanted it to be palatable to people of the time. And virtually everyone in that time was a Christian, thus they believed in a god.

And before you make your next logical fallacy: Everyone working for Honda could be a jazz fan. That would not make Honda automobiles jazz automobiles.

Location hidden

#109199 Jul 29, 2013
De Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you really are asleep. I guessed someone would attack my grammar at the end of my statement and I was right on. You avoided all the information I posted previously and sure enough like clockwork, you attack the grammar. This is fun. Tick, tock, tick, tock.
Seriously though, you need to wake up. Try to stop watching ALL tv for 2 weeks and stop drinking the tap water (drink filtered, reverse osmosis water instead), and in the morning before you get out of bed, drink an 8 ounce glass of distilled water everyday to clear the toxins out and see if you don't feel any different...more aware of what is going on.
Don't get mad, just try it.
Peace.
I don't watch TV.

Also, I never attacked your grammar. I was responding to someone else and I was referring to a different person on here who seems incapable or unwilling to learn how to compose sentences.

Location hidden

#109200 Jul 29, 2013
De Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, aliens are demons, and Satan did alter the DNA back before the days of Noah, there were giants and all kinds of freaky hybrids. Just go on youtube and look up giant skeletons.(the real media) That's why God destroyed the earth with the flood. You can find that in all kinds of ancient history from different parts of the world.
And of course you can find the answers in the Bible. Its whether you believe it or not, and you obviously don't believe it because you don't know the truth. You probably think we came from aliens like that show Ancient Aliens says. Stop watching the tv. Ever wonder why they call it TV PROGRAMMING??? You are being programmed. Hello? Don't get mad, I was asleep too not to long ago.
The schools only teach you what they want you to learn. The news only shows you what they want you to see. Start questioning all of it and you will find out the truth. It's like the matrix movie except you aren't hooked up to wires and fed through tubes and inside a shell.
Ever wonder why all those wealthy guys like Bill Gates drop out of College? Because they can't learn anything there. They program the kids to follow the rule established, not to think outside of the box.
You are absolutely insane. Perhaps more so than some of the others on here. And that's an incredible feat.

Also, Ancient Aliens is one of the stupidest things TV has ever been disgraced enough to air. Both the History and Discovery Channels are completely idiotic and have nothing to do with history or discovery.
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109201 Jul 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that there are far more Christians in jails and mental institutions than there are atheists. Oops?
That's usually after the fact...once they were forced to face the fact, that they were sick minds prior to.
Some oops ARE truly unintentional, it's the ones that are not-w/out any justifiable reason-that are the evil and/or Sick in the head ones.

Location hidden

#109202 Jul 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just to be clear, it is well documented that stealing and murder were laws in most lands long before the ten commandments were presented, so those laws were not "based" upon the commandments. They are based upon common moral reasoning.
To bad Moses could not even follow his own rules.
Yeah. No doubt.

And it's also telling that the commandments read like a peace treaty. The treaties of the time usually started with long passages about how great the ruler is and how upon signing the treaty you will have no other rulers before you.

The Hebrews were writing their book based on what they knew. The Ten Commandments were formulated very similar to those treaties they would have been familiar with. Making a treaty with a god, basically. A pact. A covenant. Etc.
Sometvisgoodtv

London, KY

#109203 Jul 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch TV.
Also, I never attacked your grammar. I was responding to someone else and I was referring to a different person on here who seems incapable or unwilling to learn how to compose sentences.
We won't mention the the levels of toxins in drinking water due to 47 percent plaskit levels due to pollution from vs percent plankton.

Location hidden

#109204 Jul 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have on here before.
I didn't see that memo. Is there documentation of this experiment in a peer reviewed journal? Or it this a matter of faith? Because I can tell you exactly how much merit one has compared to the other.
Sometvisgoodtv

London, KY

#109205 Jul 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. No doubt.
And it's also telling that the commandments read like a peace treaty. The treaties of the time usually started with long passages about how great the ruler is and how upon signing the treaty you will have no other rulers before you.
The Hebrews were writing their book based on what they knew. The Ten Commandments were formulated very similar to those treaties they would have been familiar with. Making a treaty with a god, basically. A pact. A covenant. Etc.
Be nice if Palestine would grow up and figure out they're not the only ones on this earth,and quit terrorizing Israel all the damn time huh?
SisterNoneYaBiz

London, KY

#109206 Jul 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it might be that there are more crazy people who find that religion is a workable crutch than sane atheists who don't need it...
If it's not hurting themselves or others..a lot of people have "crutches".
Moderation is always a GOOD thing then, because anything extreme, tends not to be.
HealthyMindandSo ul

London, KY

#109207 Jul 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not read polls. I read history books, and encyclopedias when younger. I did book reports and things like that in school. Remember those? Why do you people think polls prove anything?
Statistics seem far more reputable.
why not

Ezel, KY

#109208 Jul 29, 2013
Why not let them study whatever they want
HealthyMindandSo ul

London, KY

#109209 Jul 29, 2013
why not wrote:
That would make too much sense-and seems an especially diffi-cult concept for the power tripping commieTIC types to grasp.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#109210 Jul 29, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's usually after the fact...once they were forced to face the fact, that they were sick minds prior to.
Some oops ARE truly unintentional, it's the ones that are not-w/out any justifiable reason-that are the evil and/or Sick in the head ones.
No, roughly 80% of the US population claims to be Christian, and that directly correlates to the 80% of inmates who also claim to be Christian. It has nothing to do with fooling parole boards or seeing the error of their ways though born again salvation.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109211 Jul 29, 2013
why not wrote:
Because they will study video games and Doritos.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#109212 Jul 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>By this line of reasoning, all Catholics refuse to "to throw their own will and opinion aside and accept whatever the Holy Ghost tells you."
By this line of reasoning, you claim to be one of the few persons who do not "to throw their own will and opinion aside and accept whatever the Holy Ghost tells you."

Mr. Do Whut is the perfect listener and the Pope refuses to listen to the holy ghost. And you don't consider yourself arrogant?

I do agree that many people use their own will and opinion to deduce what the words they read mean. You know like when a Christian reads the old testament, he sees things that leads him to believe it was speaking of Jesus and when Jews read it, the Jesus is not what it was speaking about. Most Christians were raised to be Christian and most Jews were raised to believe in Judaism.

So it looks as if no one is listening to any ghosts, or no ghost exists. It looks as if people are just believing what they have been taught to interpret the bible.

Now if you could only prove you are someone that is being lead by a ghost instead of just following the protestant line of faith instead of just being raised a protestant.
There is no way to prove. You have to experience it for yourself.
Most all churches have gospel truths within its doctrine. So many feel the Holy Ghost and remain in that church that they felt His influence. Not many keep asking more and more questions and keep following His promptings. It really isn't easy, so I can understand why.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#109213 Jul 29, 2013
SisterNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not hurting themselves or others..a lot of people have "crutches".
Moderation is always a GOOD thing then, because anything extreme, tends not to be.
And what if it does hurt themselves and others? "If" people vote and "If" people try to run other people's lives according to their religion.

Location hidden

#109214 Jul 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you claim I did something hypocritical,thus you can be hypocritical all the time and all is good? Did the holy ghost feed you this line of reasoning?

I use statistics to show why I think as I do. I use logic and reason. I use scientific findings of human nature. You use blind faith to make the claims you are making about the holy ghost. Pretty big difference.
Maybe you do hear ghosts. Maybe others here the ghost but ignore the ghost. I can see all believers think they know the truth and claim the other believers that differ are just wrong. Citing magical telepathic messaging is not helping your case.

Now keep up the bait and switch tactics.
I don't need assistance in recognizing your arrogance. Your tone of "attack mode" when you speak to others is the first big clue that you display.
Your second one is waving a sign that says "facts" like you're holding an Austin 3:16 sign at a wrestling match, when most of the people you are talking to readily admit that belief is required for Christianity because it is part of God's plan.

Again, if you want answers about God, try to talk to God, not another human.

Location hidden

#109215 Jul 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So this does not apply to me?

"It is difficult for many to throw their own will and opinion aside and accept whatever the Holy Ghost tells you. People normally just want confirmation of what they already think. He always does His job, but people don't always make the best receivers."
It most certainly applies to you

Location hidden

#109216 Jul 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad to hear you understand it is reasonable to doubt you and your claims.
A major reason I do not believe the claims of the bible is due to the clear lack of understanding unbelief your god has. He demands belief yet gives no evidence of actually being so.
This is highly unreasonable. I see no logic in this demand, thus I doubt all the more.
I get that. But unless you can understand what I have said about the plan of why we are here, you won't see the significance of no proof and the necessity of faith.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#109217 Jul 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no mental or social problem afflicting atheists that don't afflict everyone else, you complete nutjob.
That is true, except, that Atheists are afflicted by a much higher degree.
Why might that be?
It is claimed that it is due to their unbelief.

Those who preach unbelief exacerbate these problems, therefore, they have a moral responsibility to help resolve the problem they helped to create.
My grammatical problems ,real ,or imagined ,do not jeopardize any one's health.
Moreover,it is not anyones concern, regardless of which moniker you choose to post under.
I still maintain that,like those Atheists who attend religious services ,you keep posting on Topix ,looking for that for which you were wired..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Butcher Principal, PHS (Jul '13) 3 hr Terribly sorry 140
Former mayor and city utilities (Feb '16) 6 hr Clyde 59
Henry webb 6 hr Hey now 17
Trying to get in touch with Robin Lynn Hale, da... (May '09) 12 hr Smurfcat 32
Why so much negativity at phs Thu Bob m 22
Threat at phs Thu Bob m 17
Illegal Mexicans Thu Sheriff Joe 21

Martin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance