First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Allen Parent

Winchester, KY

#21 May 31, 2012
PTO Parent wrote:
First of all I would like to encourage the parents making these outrageous comments to show up at a PTO meeting if you would like to have voice on what goes on. All year and for the past two years, we only have the same 4-6 attend meetings. These same parents are doing all the work for the children of MVE. Get off your lazy bottoms and come help raise the money and then you can have a say in what we do with it. Just a portion of the money raised from the MVE intramural basketball is funding the attendance zoo trip. We are also paying t-shirtsn for all students for the second time this year and funding inflatables for all students. So, to say we don't support all students is absurd!! Furthermore, if you would bother to check several schools in FC are doing the same trip for students with satisfactory attendance.(Allen, Prestonsburg, McDowell)
And I forgot to mention... All students went to Disney On Ice during the first semester.
This practice is obviously quite legal. All field trips must receive FC board approval. Therefore, I am certain Mr. Webb is fully informed and supportive of this trip.

Allen does not take the children anywhere. The only thing the children with perfect attendance gets is popcorn and icees . However, they do promise the children lots of things for perfect attendance and then when the time comes the kids don't get anything and when asked about it the Assistant Principal ( which is the only person the parents get to talk to) makes up excuse after excuse..
special

Stanton, KY

#22 May 31, 2012
yes its true ,its who you know or what you can buy at May valley.i typed slowly Bright one.
just me

United States

#23 Jul 23, 2012
The only complaint I have is they need to give parents more notice about happening events at the school instead of waiting to announce things the day before on the intercom. Parent's that don't pick up their kids never know about "wear blue day" "camo day" etc... Send a note home the week before or something please. We missed so much last year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lizzie Jones??! 5 hr Ew 2
kristi sexton in jail (Jan '14) 7 hr Timmy 3
who got arrested at iga today? 22 hr bizzms 6
read me Thu yhhnjj 7
baby shower locations? Wed curious 1
Thomasine, red, stevie , ginger, henry, and one... (Dec '13) Dec 17 American 60
Don't buy nothing at IGA meat counter Dec 17 shopper 23
Martin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web