MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.
#89284 May 10, 2013
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes grease splatters from stovetops.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. Florida's favorite use is:'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38. The favorite use in the state of New York, it protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose.
Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states.
40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41. It is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray it on the marks and wipe with a clean rag.
42. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone!
43. If you spray it inside a wet distributor cap, it will displace the moisture, allowing the engine to start.
As for that Basic, Main Ingredient.......
Well.... it's FISH OIL....
Great tips, even for the hater slamming my posts. haha
Since: Mar 11
#89285 May 10, 2013
Glad to see you back. How's the job going. Thought you were retiring from your after retirement job. LOL Always busy, heh?
Since: Mar 11
#89286 May 10, 2013
@ Abeliever: Stunning info. about WD-40. It's base is really fish oil?? Interesting.
Since: Mar 11
#89287 May 10, 2013
You are absolutely right, but most people don't think of this.
#89288 May 10, 2013
Kroger- parking spot two down from handicaps. nice older lady waiting with a box of napkins for my specs and a dry cart. store was busy and they were swapping some things around but i found everything and was in and out in an hour. 113 items....53.94 not too shabby!
Walmart..... parking lot was crowded. nearest spot was on the side about twenty back. my mom called so i had a nice excuse to stay in the car. dropped hubby off at the door with a list and made about fifteen loops. only two items i needed were in stock. 33.96???? geez....
and they wonder why their sales are down. hmmm.... could it be empty shelves and two trucks worth of stuff in the back or maybe its the droves of people and twenty closed registers and only eight open ones and lines six carts back even in the express and u-scans. or the cashiers that still ask you to point out every sale in the ad your matching from even though their commercial maintains that you no longer need the ad to match it. and these days even some of the nice elderly greeters are bitter....don't blame them. the way they work some of their employees is deplorable. i would be bitter too....especially knowing their is a nice cushy Kroger union job across the street where even the stock boys start at 9 an hour.
sorry...off the soap box now.
@ogala- i agree with you about the slowing down in the thread..... i still read up every few days during my lengthier absences.... just nothing to add other than a hello.... i think a lot of people do the same. i would love to get on here soon and see some hellos from lsd923- little Leona is probably almost two now. would love to hear about what she is getting into.lol some people call it the terrible twos... but since i don't have my own children (except the meows and wigglers who seem to be stuck in that stage permanently) i love every thing about that age. some of the funniest and best moments in my life have been spent with my nephew and my friends toddlers. i would also love to see jpf/ojg drop in- itching to have a little talk about Korea and Syria. wouldn't mind one bit to see the specialist drop a big pile of horse dung on here either. or prepper and peace.
@ab- i only lasted about a month. i got forty hours training and then 10 hours a week after that. i liked the people who worked there but i will that my furry customers over the ones you get there any day. but like you said...something to do. when i worked at pizza hut last year they kept me in the back...lol my first day a guy with a complex and huge chip came in and tracked mud all over the place and cussed his server and i told him to take his mess with him. after that my sister had me strictly baking pizzas. i worked many years as a sales SSOMM at a wireless company and somewhere along the line i think i got burnt out on people. in the beginning it was nice...all the commission but by the time i left that job one could walk in and read my face and tell i was ready to go.
well off that soap box too i guess.
have a good evening everyone.
#89289 May 10, 2013
lol....if that ends up being a double post sorry, typed out a couple hours ago and forgot to hit the button at the end and i came back later and there it was, tried to send and it kicked me back to the beginning page.
#89290 May 10, 2013
check this out
patented new super hydrophobic coating using nanotechnology
#89291 May 10, 2013
The essential fatty acids like fish oil does a body good too. The deficiency of the EFAs is often the unrecognized and undiagnosed underlying cause of a host of our health problems.
#89292 May 10, 2013
The Essential Fatty Acids like fish oil does a body good too. Deficiency of the EFAs is often an unrecognized and undiagnosed underlying cause of a host of our health problems affecting every system in our body.
So eat fat, it's good for you, even the fat in spam...really.
#89293 May 11, 2013
That last post reminds me of us kids having to take Cod Liver Oil (YUK) or Castor Oil (more YUK). I give my dog a can of sardines or tuna once a week as a Sunday treat. He does not YUK nor does he say GRACE over his blessings.
“Is who I am”
Since: Aug 08
#89294 May 11, 2013
Chilly, rainy morning here. Trying to get ready for work this morning. I put out some more seed, so the birds will be happy. You all have a great day.
Since: Mar 11
#89297 May 11, 2013
Anytime that you want to have a discussion about Syria, North Korea, Bengazzi (spelling is not my forte), coverups, false flags, I am up for a good discussion. I follow the world news very closely because what happens in the world WILL ultimately affect us,our children, and our grand children.When others are speaking about different topics, I usually join their conversations, whatever it may be. I don't want to be impolite and interject something out of left field, But if someone introduces a related comment, or if there is something in the news that will affect our well-being, I'm up for a good conversation. Discussions of this type will also help to keep the bird thread alive and dynamic.
#89298 May 11, 2013
Spam is really pork pâté....lol...
and here we go.....
Yield: 1 loaf of Spam
2 1/2 pounds cubed pork shoulder, refrigerated or frozen (Choose a piece that’s pretty fatty – fat is a good thing in Spam making.)
3 ounces ham
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon Morton’s Tender Quick(salt used for curing meat that also gives the homemade Spam its pink color).
1) Preheat oven to 300 F.
2) Grind the pork shoulder in a meat grinder (I used a tabletop meat grinder, but the KitchenAid meat grinder attachment would probably have been easier). Set aside.
3) Finely mince the ham with the garlic in a food processor.
4) Dump the pork shoulder, ham/garlic, and Tender Quick into a large bowl and mix by hand until fully combined.
5) Pack the meat mixture into a bread pan and cover with foil.
6) Place the bread pan into a large baking dish filled 3/4 full with water.
7) Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for three hours (the internal temperature of the Spam should reach 155 F).
8) Remove from the oven, uncover the bread pan and try not to be too grossed out by all of the fat that has emerged from the meat. Dump all of the fat into a jar or can to dispose of or use later.
9) Cover the bread pan loosely with foil and place a heavy weight on top of the foil. ex. Bricks and put them in another bread pan and put that bread pan on the Spam.
10) Place the weighed down Spam into the refrigerator and keep it there overnight.
11) In the morning, your Spam will be ready to use however you choose to use it. Note: The homemade Spam is not canned, so it will not last forever. Keep it as long as you would keep ham.
6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (you really do not need the salt unless using homemade spam which is not as salty).
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 ounces Spam, diced into small cubes
6 ounces Velveeta cheese, diced into small cubes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray,set aside.
3) Mix together first eight ingredients, in a large mixing bowl.
4) Pour egg mixture into prepared pie plate.
5) Add Spam and Velveeta evenly into eggs.
6) Bake for 40 minutes until middle puffs up and center is firm.
7) Check for doneness by inserting knife near the middle of the quiche.
8) Let sit for 10 minutes.
CHICKEN FRIED SPAM
1 (16 ounce) can Spam, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
2 cups self rising flour, seasoned with
salt & pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/8 cup hot sauce
1/8 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1) Mix eggs,milk and hot sauce in a bowl.Hot sauce does not maintain it's heat so use how much you want.
2) Put flour salt and pepper in another bowl.
3) Heat oil in a pan to about 300 deg.
4) Dip Spam in egg then flour and fry till golden brown. Serve with Chicken gravy and Mashed Potatoes.
spam and eggs...spam omelet..grilled spam and cheese sandwich..sliced spam topped with slices of canned peaches and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake...or use pineapple slices and sprinkle of brown sugar and bake....use spam as substitute for ham..(I prefer to fry my spam a little bit then use)
Spam n Greens, Spam N Beans, would you eat it in a tree ? would you eat it with a bee ?..I am digressing time to go outside.....lack of sunlight does this....lol....all spammed out.. ;)
#89299 May 11, 2013
politics will quickly kill the ' bird head ' forum ,....
there are plenty of political forums around ,...
and they are full of noting but both ,... left and right wing hots heads , name callers and paid seminar bloggers ,....
very unfriendly places to go
that's why i like this place ,.....
keep politics out !
Since: Mar 11
#89300 May 11, 2013
Politics and awareness of world events that affect us are two different things. Be sure that you don't lump them together. Education and social awareness are vital to our survival. IMO, there are no real politics. Both sides are playing the same game, but from different angles,that's all.
#89301 May 11, 2013
#89302 May 11, 2013
good afternoon everyone.
been a chilly morning around here. we set up a yard sale today at an old vacant lot a few minutes from the house. the rain didn't completely move out of our area till nine or so this morning so we ended up setting up a little later in terms of the normal early bird yard sales and we were all done by two but we still did pretty good. in that short time we made 73 dollars. yay!(and got rid of some things i was tired of looking at)
great success but i am pooped.... pillow calling out to me.
hope everyone has a good evening and i will stop in a little later if i manage to wake back up before its time to go to sleep.lol
#89303 May 11, 2013
yes ,...awareness goes beyond politics ,..
but today ,..political correctness has dumbed down most Americans,... to the point our survival is literally at stake ,...
politics is the cause behind it ,..
today people are encouraged or even allowed to ' think' any more,...
i dont think some body can persuade somebody else with an argument or rhetoric ,...
i am afraid that people today are incapable of original thought ,....kids today are not taught to think critically
'thinking ' is some thing no longer valued in American society ,...,..
so again ,..
i say leave the politics out of this ' room ',...as it dominates all the other forums ,..they are full of nothing but partisan senseless name calling and childish ravings that nobody takes seriously
#89304 May 11, 2013
Hello bird threaders, hope everyone is doing great. Rained early, sun popped out and it has been a pleasant day in my neck of the woods.
betty, it was a perfect day to have a yard sale. Been cracking up over your posts. Very enjoyable.
I have to agree with the poster on the political crap. Want to talk politics there are thousands of sites on topix to do so. That is why I like this thread. Anything and everything but politics please.
belie, you are right about the fish oil like AW is right about the Castor oil etc.. lol
Guess I will go back and few pages and see what I missed.
Am I back in Kentucky yet? lol
#89305 May 11, 2013
Guess not. Maybe I will just disconnect the modem etc...and reboot. At least I might show up somewhere in Kentucky. hahaha
Belie, you and JPF/OJG were discussing the bees at one time and it seems there has been alot of talk about them lately.
Honeybees are vanishing so fast we might soon have nothing to eat
Almost one-third of all commercial honeybee colonies in America didn't make it through the past winter, a group of experts announced Wednesday. If your response to that is, "Whatever, no biggie, I don't like those pesky insects," you're missing the point. The unexplained and increasingly steep decline in the honeybee population is now seriously threatening the food supply chain. "We're getting closer and closer to the point where we don’t have enough bees in this country to meet pollination demands," University of Maryland entomologist Dennis vanEngelsdorp said. "One in every three bites [of food consumed in the U.S.] is directly or indirectly pollinated by bees." Meaning, if the bee deaths continue at this rate, it could seriously sting.
Add your comments below
|Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10)||11 min||Albuha||167,931|
|Greg Stumbo's Gang - The reason Floyd County ha...||1 hr||Jerry||5|
|HRMC administration/management changes||2 hr||Businessman||4|
|cindy hagans||4 hr||BB King||14|
|Woods true colors||11 hr||Coincidence||9|
|Who will Be Magistrate District 1 2018?||11 hr||WTF||9|
Find what you want!
Search Martin Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC