How is allen central boys basketball ...
OLD PLAYER

Corbin, KY

#61 Feb 8, 2013
Most of the comments made are people wanting to win games.You need to support your team win or lose.I Think playing sports can help kids stay out of trouble .Parents do thing with your kids.Com e to games . Also Fishing is a good sport .Not all kids play basketball. All Kids are number 1.
friend

Winchester, KY

#62 Feb 8, 2013
GoRebels wrote:
Obviously, your a PARENT of a player who is on the bench and not getting "the playing time" you think your son should. Hate to break it to you but your son just isn't as good as you think he is!!!! Brad has coached my son and I appricate all he has tried to do for our boys off and on the court. He is a good coach, great teacher and role model for our youth. Frankly, between all the practices, games and aggrevation and dumbasses like you I don't know why anyone would want to be a coach. But then again, I guess for the people who do it "its all about the kids". So Brad IS THE COACH wheter u like it or not, so the way I see it u have two options. Your son can quit the team or u can transfer him! Do u really need to talk about certain players......just let them have fun. I feel sorry for your child because the kind of parent you are. The rebels will get better. I'm just glad coach Short doesn't RECRUIT like all these other local schools and local boys are getting to play! THANK YOU COACH SHORT some of us appricate all you do!
whose the dumbass now, my son does start but not at a.c. he plays on another team that wins
TOO FUNNY

Virgie, KY

#63 Feb 8, 2013
Sorry, but after reading all of this I just have to make a legitimate observation and you guys can tell me what you think.

Rebel Man starts a post so that he can bash the coach or team. He acts like this is Short's first season. On another post he makes a title, "Any HERD of AC/SF combining schools" We all make spelling mistakes and there will probably be some in this, but if that is the title of one of your posts then you probably can't even spell the word "heard" correctly. This is just me analyzing the statements just like you are analyzing everything else.

Next, "a friend" jumps in to give the principal down the road and refers to him several times as "Bagley" If I disliked everything someone did so much then I could probably know how to come close to spelling his name correctly. This is probably how he/she pronounces it.

Third, another poster keeps posting negative comments and talks about "playing the bench". Everyone knows where that is coming from.(parent or relative of a kid not getting to play) Although I haven't been to alot of games this year, when I have AC was playing about 9 to 10 players deep and from my understanding almost all of them are freshmen and sophomores so their kid must be way down the bench which would probably mean that they are not ready to play yet.

So lets recap......
One guy who thinks he can tell us about basketball can't even spell the word heard.

Another person hates Begley but probably doesn't know enough to pronounce his name or at the very least how to spell it.

Another person is pissed because their son, who is probably a young freshman or sophomore isn't getting in the game.

And if anyone believes a friend or friend is from another school, I have some flood land for sell.

I probably could have worded this better but I think this is pretty accurate. Since you guys don't mind analyzing things I just figured AC supporters could analyze you guys for a bit.

My point being.....
Why even argue about it because both sides have their minds made up.

Now you guys that I just referred to can go and make up some new names and try it again. And this time, try to make yourselves sound a little better.

TOO FUNNY!
Big John

Corbin, KY

#64 Feb 8, 2013
friend wrote:
<quoted text>whose the dumbass now, my son does start but not at a.c. he plays on another team that wins
YEAH, I would bet you a Million dollars he don't , you would not give a damn about this team if he wasn't sitting on the bench
rebel man

Corbin, KY

#65 Feb 11, 2013
AC is got p-burg to play in the 58th district tournament can we win it??????????
LFF

Pikeville, KY

#66 Feb 12, 2013
I hope they beat Prestonsburg but even if they do, I dont think they can beat Betsy Layne.
Onurb

Richmond, KY

#67 Feb 12, 2013
Betsy Layne has to beat South Floyd first and BL is not a great team by any means. SF is the underdog but things happen in the tournaments.
johnny_reb

Hindman, KY

#68 Feb 14, 2013
for people who want to complain about having a losing season and a lousy coach, i'm telling you, this is how it goes: allen central is not one of the bigger schools around. most of the other schools in our area are now recruiting players,some from out of state and even out of the country! allen central is one of the very few highschool teams in our section of the state that is playing without any recruits. here is what happens when highschool players are recruited: the parents of the players are given good paying jobs which in turn takes away jobs from you or say, your family, friends,and the community in general. in addition, the recruits are given starting positions while the boys who are actually from the county, get to cheer them from the bench, with far less playing time, and when they do get any playing time, they are just told to feed the ball to the recruited player or players, believe me i know. recruiting takes away opportunities and positions which should rightfully belong to boys from the area. before you complain so much about losing games, let me ask this question: would you rather have a team of recruits winning you more games while the local boys sit on the bench, like they have to do at other schools, or would you rather accept more losses, so local boys can play and have their rightful opportunity? that is the choice! you can bash coach short all you want, but i'm just telling everyone that is how it now works in all the highschools around here. if you do not like it, write the ky state athletic commission about the unetical practice of recruiting that is ubiquitous here, or tell coach that you would rather see him do as the 85% or 90% of other coaches. is winning more important or the kids? it would be nice to win more games, but at what expense? the coach and the players are doing a good job, but they can not perform magic when competing against what should be termed "out of county ringers". so decide if you want to give coach short a pat on the back for playing it straight or tell him you think it's time to bench a few local boys and bring in "the ringers". now for the person who says, "i'm probably his mommy" no, i assure you that i'm not his mommy,i'm not his wife" but i am a friend who is tired of reading all the unfair criticism, and even though i am a friend, i can say this objectively: i happen to know a good deal about basketball myself and i can tell you straight up that despite the win/loss record this year, as far as the highschool level coaching goes, brad short would fall in the top 5 or 10 per cent in the state. he is an excellent coach with a team that is not getting to play on a level playing field.
the truth

Richmond, KY

#69 Feb 14, 2013
TOO FUNNY wrote:
Sorry, but after reading all of this I just have to make a legitimate observation and you guys can tell me what you think.
Rebel Man starts a post so that he can bash the coach or team. He acts like this is Short's first season. On another post he makes a title, "Any HERD of AC/SF combining schools" We all make spelling mistakes and there will probably be some in this, but if that is the title of one of your posts then you probably can't even spell the word "heard" correctly. This is just me analyzing the statements just like you are analyzing everything else.
Next, "a friend" jumps in to give the principal down the road and refers to him several times as "Bagley" If I disliked everything someone did so much then I could probably know how to come close to spelling his name correctly. This is probably how he/she pronounces it.
Third, another poster keeps posting negative comments and talks about "playing the bench". Everyone knows where that is coming from.(parent or relative of a kid not getting to play) Although I haven't been to alot of games this year, when I have AC was playing about 9 to 10 players deep and from my understanding almost all of them are freshmen and sophomores so their kid must be way down the bench which would probably mean that they are not ready to play yet.
So lets recap......
One guy who thinks he can tell us about basketball can't even spell the word heard.
Another person hates Begley but probably doesn't know enough to pronounce his name or at the very least how to spell it.
Another person is pissed because their son, who is probably a young freshman or sophomore isn't getting in the game.
And if anyone believes a friend or friend is from another school, I have some flood land for sell.
I probably could have worded this better but I think this is pretty accurate. Since you guys don't mind analyzing things I just figured AC supporters could analyze you guys for a bit.
My point being.....
Why even argue about it because both sides have their minds made up.
Now you guys that I just referred to can go and make up some new names and try it again. And this time, try to make yourselves sound a little better.
TOO FUNNY!
ok dr phil u need to try again i call him bagley because i have called him that for years next i like the man & have nothing against him but i do try to tell the truth about everything
the truth

Richmond, KY

#70 Feb 14, 2013
johnny_reb wrote:
for people who want to complain about having a losing season and a lousy coach, i'm telling you, this is how it goes: allen central is not one of the bigger schools around. most of the other schools in our area are now recruiting players,some from out of state and even out of the country! allen central is one of the very few highschool teams in our section of the state that is playing without any recruits. here is what happens when highschool players are recruited: the parents of the players are given good paying jobs which in turn takes away jobs from you or say, your family, friends,and the community in general. in addition, the recruits are given starting positions while the boys who are actually from the county, get to cheer them from the bench, with far less playing time, and when they do get any playing time, they are just told to feed the ball to the recruited player or players, believe me i know. recruiting takes away opportunities and positions which should rightfully belong to boys from the area. before you complain so much about losing games, let me ask this question: would you rather have a team of recruits winning you more games while the local boys sit on the bench, like they have to do at other schools, or would you rather accept more losses, so local boys can play and have their rightful opportunity? that is the choice! you can bash coach short all you want, but i'm just telling everyone that is how it now works in all the highschools around here. if you do not like it, write the ky state athletic commission about the unetical practice of recruiting that is ubiquitous here, or tell coach that you would rather see him do as the 85% or 90% of other coaches. is winning more important or the kids? it would be nice to win more games, but at what expense? the coach and the players are doing a good job, but they can not perform magic when competing against what should be termed "out of county ringers". so decide if you want to give coach short a pat on the back for playing it straight or tell him you think it's time to bench a few local boys and bring in "the ringers". now for the person who says, "i'm probably his mommy" no, i assure you that i'm not his mommy,i'm not his wife" but i am a friend who is tired of reading all the unfair criticism, and even though i am a friend, i can say this objectively: i happen to know a good deal about basketball myself and i can tell you straight up that despite the win/loss record this year, as far as the highschool level coaching goes, brad short would fall in the top 5 or 10 per cent in the state. he is an excellent coach with a team that is not getting to play on a level playing field.
he's not in the top five per cent in the district. and u r right about recruiting so why doesn't a.c. do that? it's time to wake up about recruiting schools are going to do this until the state does something about it. i guess wed. nite betsy layne had recruits in the game that they won. any parent that has a child that can play ball will do what it takes to get their kid any kind of chance to get a scholarship to play at the next level. the way money is now can you blame them? if my child could have that chance you damn batter believe i would take them to another school that has a chance to go to the state tour. do you believe there is any a.c. players that can play at the next level? do you think the schools in lexington don't do any recruiting? private schools can do it anytime. the best chance for us to go to the state tour will be when they combine schools with s.f. one more question for you when they do combine do you think brad will get that coaching job since he's in the top 5% look i'm just saying what is true brad is a really nice & good person but he's not a good coach. i like brad but when it comes to sports i just calls it likes i sees it.
80s_bball_star

Hazard, KY

#71 Feb 14, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>he's not in the top five per cent in the district. and u r right about recruiting so why doesn't a.c. do that? it's time to wake up about recruiting schools are going to do this until the state does something about it. i guess wed. nite betsy layne had recruits in the game that they won. any parent that has a child that can play ball will do what it takes to get their kid any kind of chance to get a scholarship to play at the next level. the way money is now can you blame them? if my child could have that chance you damn batter believe i would take them to another school that has a chance to go to the state tour. do you believe there is any a.c. players that can play at the next level? do you think the schools in lexington don't do any recruiting? private schools can do it anytime. the best chance for us to go to the state tour will be when they combine schools with s.f. one more question for you when they do combine do you think brad will get that coaching job since he's in the top 5% look i'm just saying what is true brad is a really nice & good person but he's not a good coach. i like brad but when it comes to sports i just calls it likes i sees it.
You call it the way you see it, and we will call it the way we see it. I agree without a doubt that Brad is in the top 5 per cent. By your own admission here, winning games is more important to you than the kids. I'm sure the parents, especially those of the starting 5 would not agree with you. At least I would hope not. Surley, people would be smart enough to realize that they would be betraying their own son's by supporting something like that. Of course, a lot of other people who do not have a kid on the team do not care. They just care about winning. Recruiting is the biggest problem and disgrace in highschool athletics. The second or maybe an even bigger problem is middle-aged men trying to relive their youth through teenage boys.
REAL TRUTH

Robinson Creek, KY

#72 Feb 14, 2013
Short can coach. He won 15 games last year with the same players that didn't win 15 games all together in 3 years total. That should tell some of the critics something. AC will never be able to recruit like other schools. There is nowhere around here to get anyone a job and no big money backers. Stuff like that is easy to say but near impossible to put into motion. AC right now is going to be one of the hardest schools to win at for several reasons. 1) can't recruit 2)low numbers 3)players that should be there are gone. I thought last season was great. I don't know anything about the 5% thing but there is not a coach on the PLANET that could have won anymore games this year with this team. They will get much better. When the schools combine they will be much better and anyone would be lucky to have either one of the coaches that are at either school now. Both of those guys deserve credit. They are working teams right now that so called "big coaches wouldn't touch. Other guys sit and wait for talent and come and go. These young guys give you all they got with what they have.
d_lo

Hindman, KY

#73 Feb 14, 2013
80s_bball_star wrote:
<quoted text>You call it the way you see it, and we will call it the way we see it. I agree without a doubt that Brad is in the top 5 per cent. By your own admission here, winning games is more important to you than the kids. I'm sure the parents, especially those of the starting 5 would not agree with you. At least I would hope not. Surley, people would be smart enough to realize that they would be betraying their own son's by supporting something like that. Of course, a lot of other people who do not have a kid on the team do not care. They just care about winning. Recruiting is the biggest problem and disgrace in highschool athletics. The second or maybe an even bigger problem is middle-aged men trying to relive their youth through teenage boys.
TOP 5 PERCENT? IDK BUT I WOULD SAY THAT HE WOULD EASILY BE IN THE TOP 10 OR 15 PERCENT. WHEN EDDIE SUTTON WAS COACHING AT U.K. HE HAD A SEASON OF 13 WINS AND 19 LOSSES. YET, WHEN RANKING THE TOP COLLEGE COACHES OF ALL TIME MOST SPORTS ANALYST WOULD PUT HIM NOT FAR UNDER ADOLPH RUPP. OTHER THAN RUPP, EDDIE SUTTON HAD THE MOST BRILLANT MIND THAN ANY OTHER COACH IN THE HISTORY OF KENTUCKY ALTHOUGH HIS RECORD DID NOT REFLECT IT AT THAT TIME. THERE ARE A LOT OF DYNAMICS INVOLVED IN HAVING A WINNING SEASON AND YOU ARE RIGHT THAT WELL RECRUITED PLAYERS ARE THE BIGGEST PART OF IT. IT IS A SHAME THAT IT EXIST AT THE H.S. LEVEL BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS
the truth

Winchester, KY

#74 Feb 17, 2013
the main thing everyone needs to remember & think about is how many coaches keep their jobs if they keep losing? recruiting is a big part of sports now & you mite as well get use to it. parents get jobs all the time because their kid can play ball. look at the last ten state winners & check to see how many players came into their programs. and as far as eddie sutton he was buzzed out of his ass at most the games he coached at ky or did you think that big red nose was from him being kin to rudolph? the biggest reason for recruiting is because a coach knows he will be fired if his teams don't produce. and anybody out there is lieing their ass off if they say they wouldn't do the same if they were a coach. and one more thing one of the biggest things wrong with high school sports is the PARENTS. they always think their babys are the best & they should always get to play & they go over the coaches head to either the principal or someone at the board so they can play.
Bruno

Winchester, KY

#75 Feb 17, 2013
Does anyone really believe that a principal or someone at the BOE would tell a coach they wanted a certain player more playing time? Coaches don't get paid enough for that.
the truth

Winchester, KY

#76 Feb 17, 2013
Bruno wrote:
Does anyone really believe that a principal or someone at the BOE would tell a coach they wanted a certain player more playing time? Coaches don't get paid enough for that.
what rock have u been living under? u really don't know how things work in this county do you? not just floyd co but everywhere. if you really believe that then i have some land for sale for 5.00 acre. don't ever give ur name out cause people will make fun of u
Big John

Richmond, KY

#77 Feb 17, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>ok dr phil u need to try again i call him bagley because i have called him that for years next i like the man & have nothing against him but i do try to tell the truth about everything
Mark?? Nick?? Or..........
The real real real truth

Clay City, KY

#78 Feb 17, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>what rock have u been living under? u really don't know how things work in this county do you? not just floyd co but everywhere. if you really believe that then i have some land for sale for 5.00 acre. don't ever give ur name out cause people will make fun of u
.

Why do you give a shit about Floyd county basketball, you loser, none of these boys are going pro and most of these boys are just like their dads, BIG LOSERS
Bruno

Winchester, KY

#79 Feb 18, 2013
Do you have a legitimate deed for that land?
the truth

Winchester, KY

#80 Feb 24, 2013
The real real real truth wrote:
<quoted text>.
Why do you give a shit about Floyd county basketball, you loser, none of these boys are going pro and most of these boys are just like their dads, BIG LOSERS
what medication are you on? your comment makes no sense what so ever. has anyone said anything about the kids or their dads/? these kids are good kids & so are most of their dads not just a really good ball team

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Hall to run for mayor of martin 2 hr sam howells midge... 1
Bear conn 2 hr sam howells midge... 4
pit crew for jim hall 2 hr sam howells midge... 1
RIck Hancock 2 hr sam howells midge... 12
kris Rudder a Peter puffer? 2 hr sam howells midge... 1
Trenton Ward (May '14) 2 hr mud creek mad man 55
Silver ford flair side hauls dope in martin 5 hr lee 19
More from around the web

Martin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Martin Mortgages