Do You Live The Same Through The Week...

Do You Live The Same Through The Week As You Do On Sunday ?

Posted in the Marshville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BibleStudy101

Waxhaw, NC

#1 Sep 22, 2012
there is so much talk about people on here I just wonder if the ones making all the rude and hurtful comments about others read their bibles or better yet belong to a church? Looks like to me we all have sinned in the eyes of God . There are forms on here that are helpful to some and hurtful to others. Marshville is a small town that has been through so much these last few months. 6 murders but as we point fingers call names hurt others for enjoyment really .News is news but throwing someone under the bus to pull up ad run them over again shame on you that do that. I hope that by someway somehow we can show people that our town is a good town yes bad things have happened but why hurt the ones who have already been through enough. For the families who have gone through so much these last few months I just pray that peace comes to you in time and comfort knowing there are people here that prayfor you all
wondering

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2012
where do you go to church?
Confused

Monroe, NC

#3 Sep 24, 2012
NEWS FLASH...I know MANY Christians who go to Church on Sunday, and consider themselves "Christian" These same people are greedy, cold hearted people who will screw their own mother if they are going to get something out of it. My point: Don't matter if you go to Church or not, it's what's in your heart that matters!!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Confused wrote:
NEWS FLASH...I know MANY Christians who go to Church on Sunday, and consider themselves "Christian" These same people are greedy, cold hearted people who will screw their own mother if they are going to get something out of it. My point: Don't matter if you go to Church or not, it's what's in your heart that matters!!
I do to unfortunately. But let us remember that a church is not a mansion for saints, it is a hospital for sinners. Every one of us, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US is a sinner.

We may try with every fiber of our being to be honest, pure and sin free but we all fall short. Those of us who recognize our sinful nature and feel guilt and shame for it will go to church to seek God's forgiveness. We are taught to humble ourselves, pray and seek forgiveness.

We may do that wherever we are, not necessarily in a church building but it is the fellowship of other Christians seeking forgiveness TOGETHER that makes a church. Not the building. By coming to church you are admitting before your peers that you to are a sinner, just like each of those there. That is the humbling part my friends. We humble ourselves, cast off our self righteous egos and attitudes.

We cut away the fluff and get right down to the stuff.

All together we say "we are sinners Lord, nothing more. Whether we are rich or poor, healthy or unhealthy, outspoken or shy, bright or dull witted we are sinners. We know that sin is wicked and against your will, oh God. Please forgive us and protect us from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others. Teach us to be aware of our sinful nature and to avoid those things, deeds and words which would cause us to sin again, be it sin of commission or sin of omission. We are each burdened with the guilt of our sins. We bring that guilt to the cross. The cross can bear that guilt while we ourselves suffer greatly from it's burden. Now, let us go and do your will, follow the steps you have provided through the life of your son, Jesus Christ. Let us enjoy our time on this earth serving you. Amen.

As you say, it is what is in the heart that matters. We are taught not to judge. That is one of the most difficult things for me personally. It is hard for me to look at a drug dealer, for example and not say to myself "his sin is greater than mine because he is poisoning the bodies of people" or looking at a murderer and saying to myself "her sin is greater than mine because she killed someone"
but that is judgmental. Being judgmental is in itself sinful! It is extremely difficult to avoid the sin of judgement because the media and our culture teaches us to judge everything. I think the key to avoiding being judgmental is to remember that ALL SIN IS EVIL. no one sin is greater or less than any other sin.

Thank you.
bettie

Waxhaw, NC

#5 Sep 24, 2012
Rev C E Crowder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do to unfortunately. But let us remember that a church is not a mansion for saints, it is a hospital for sinners. Every one of us, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US is a sinner.
We may try with every fiber of our being to be honest, pure and sin free but we all fall short. Those of us who recognize our sinful nature and feel guilt and shame for it will go to church to seek God's forgiveness. We are taught to humble ourselves, pray and seek forgiveness.
We may do that wherever we are, not necessarily in a church building but it is the fellowship of other Christians seeking forgiveness TOGETHER that makes a church. Not the building. By coming to church you are admitting before your peers that you to are a sinner, just like each of those there. That is the humbling part my friends. We humble ourselves, cast off our self righteous egos and attitudes.
We cut away the fluff and get right down to the stuff.
All together we say "we are sinners Lord, nothing more. Whether we are rich or poor, healthy or unhealthy, outspoken or shy, bright or dull witted we are sinners. We know that sin is wicked and against your will, oh God. Please forgive us and protect us from our own mistakes and the mistakes of others. Teach us to be aware of our sinful nature and to avoid those things, deeds and words which would cause us to sin again, be it sin of commission or sin of omission. We are each burdened with the guilt of our sins. We bring that guilt to the cross. The cross can bear that guilt while we ourselves suffer greatly from it's burden. Now, let us go and do your will, follow the steps you have provided through the life of your son, Jesus Christ. Let us enjoy our time on this earth serving you. Amen.
As you say, it is what is in the heart that matters. We are taught not to judge. That is one of the most difficult things for me personally. It is hard for me to look at a drug dealer, for example and not say to myself "his sin is greater than mine because he is poisoning the bodies of people" or looking at a murderer and saying to myself "her sin is greater than mine because she killed someone"
but that is judgmental. Being judgmental is in itself sinful! It is extremely difficult to avoid the sin of judgement because the media and our culture teaches us to judge everything. I think the key to avoiding being judgmental is to remember that ALL SIN IS EVIL. no one sin is greater or less than any other sin.
Thank you.
Amen!!!!!! GOD BLESS You
BibleStudy101

Matthews, NC

#6 Sep 26, 2012
wondering wrote:
where do you go to church?
East Campus
suspect

United States

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Rev C E Crowder should change his name to Pope Crowder. I don't know much about the Bible but I've never read where we are to go to church to seek forgiveness. I have read forgiveness comes through repentance and trusting Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour (II Peter 3:9; Ephesians 1:7). Not real sure but when a man gives a 1000 answer without any verses from the Bible I would really question what he is saying. Don't swallow everything just because it comes from a "reverend" (Galatians 1:8,9).
Stacey E Lemmon

Monroe, NC

#8 Sep 29, 2012
you want a Bible quote..."Thou shalt not judge others lest thee be judged thyself"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 3, 2014
I am just seeing this after a year. If "suspect" wants verses I can give them! If not forgiveness "suspect" then what is your reason for attending church? Fellowship? Tithing? Please tell us! Do you not seek the forgiveness of a loving God in church?

I'm trying not too judge you (as you have done me)
Old Fish

Matthews, NC

#10 Nov 3, 2014
Rev C E Crowder wrote:
I am just seeing this after a year. If "suspect" wants verses I can give them! If not forgiveness "suspect" then what is your reason for attending church? Fellowship? Tithing? Please tell us! Do you not seek the forgiveness of a loving God in church?
I'm trying not too judge you (as you have done me)
It doesn't seem "suspect" was judging you, but only what you had written. If that is a sin, then we better make sure we believe everything that is written by everyone. We must not disagree with any newspaper, magazine or internet article. You didn't give any verses because there are none. Forgiveness has never come through the church, but only through the blood of The Lord Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:7; I John 1:7). If a man will repent, then Christ will forgive (Luke 13:2, 3; II Peter 3:9). We go to church to exhort one another (Hebrews 10:25).

If anyone is interested in what judging a person sounds like, please read the following: Thankfully someone has taken the time to expose a fraud. Either Mr. Crowder is confused and needs to be saved, or he is a false prophet that is confusing and leading people to hell. There are many who use the name "Reverend" (i.e. Jesse Jackson, Benny Hinn, Al Sharpton), who have no idea what the Bible says. Anyone that follows these phonies are going to end up spending eternity with them in the lake of fire. Anyone who preaches any other way to heaven beside the gospel of Jesus Christ is a liar, and God expects someone to expose their errors or lies. Here are some verses to back it up: Galatians 1:8, 9; II Corinthians 11:13-15; I John 4:1).

I am sure if there is a reply, then two things can be counted:

1. The "Reverend" will not use any Bible references, and if he does, it will be only be a couple and will be twisted like the rest of his philosophy.

2. He will not address the Scriptures used above

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#11 Nov 7, 2014
I'll just say this. I learned many years ago that I am not qualified to judge or criticize another professing witness for Christ Jesus.
Suspect

Rock Hill, SC

#12 Nov 7, 2014
Mike Stegall wrote:
I'll just say this. I learned many years ago that I am not qualified to judge or criticize another professing witness for Christ Jesus.
I agree. But I don't think that applies to this situation. A man is who is supposed to be a preacher of the gospel is claiming going to church brings forgiveness of sins. That is NOT a witness of Jesus Christ, but of works salvation.
Student

Shelby, NC

#13 Nov 7, 2014
Stacey E Lemmon wrote:
you want a Bible quote..."Thou shalt not judge others lest thee be judged thyself"
That verse doesn't mean to be silent but be careful how you judge cause you'll be judged the same way. God compliments a church in Revelation for judging false teachers.

Revelation 2:2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: Revelation 2:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

It isn't good advice to tell someone not to judge. Don't a good parent judge who is right/wrong for their children to play with? I know my parents want me to judge right from wrong. How do I choose who to date? I have to judge. How do I choose what college to go to? I have to judge. How good of a christian can we be if we do not judge those things that are wrong? What Reverend Crowder said about seeking forgiveness by going to church is wrong. I am glad someone was able to judge right!
friend

Matthews, NC

#14 Nov 9, 2014
A democrat cant be a christian.
Tony Maye

Monroe, NC

#15 Nov 9, 2014
Just like a bunch of Baptists-----y'all can't get along. I've never seen the like of it. You Baptists have a strict dogma that is subject to interpretation. If one congregation or group drifts away from it or interprets it differently they get persecuted. That's why so many Baptist churches split. That's why half of the Southern Baptist convention churches left to form the Cooperative Baptist union. That's why young people are leaving local baptist churches and going to these Rock and Roll churches.
Student

Matthews, NC

#16 Nov 20, 2014
Tony Maye wrote:
Just like a bunch of Baptists-----y'all can't get along. I've never seen the like of it. You Baptists have a strict dogma that is subject to interpretation. If one congregation or group drifts away from it or interprets it differently they get persecuted. That's why so many Baptist churches split. That's why half of the Southern Baptist convention churches left to form the Cooperative Baptist union. That's why young people are leaving local baptist churches and going to these Rock and Roll churches.
If you shouldn't say anything why did you say anything. Looks like you wanted to argue. This is not a conversation about Baptists but about the Bible.
Jim Bakker

Monroe, NC

#17 Dec 5, 2014
Aaron 5:23 "And he went among the leaders saying "Have you no faith in your own flesh and blood? They will rise against tribulation and wretchedness. Arise and take to your swords and shields. Lead or be lead". 24 There was a great commotion in the throng as young Bethabor, the son of Ezekiel came forth brandishing a shield and battleaxe. He took a place on the platform and cried to the heavens 25 "I am Bethabor, son of Ezekiel, and I have come to lead you to a great victory over the Philodendrons. 26 Charge!"
luvnut

Monroe, NC

#18 Jan 11, 2015
Jim Bakker wrote:
Aaron 5:23 "And he went among the leaders saying "Have you no faith in your own flesh and blood? They will rise against tribulation and wretchedness. Arise and take to your swords and shields. Lead or be lead". 24 There was a great commotion in the throng as young Bethabor, the son of Ezekiel came forth brandishing a shield and battleaxe. He took a place on the platform and cried to the heavens 25 "I am Bethabor, son of Ezekiel, and I have come to lead you to a great victory over the Philodendrons. 26 Charge!"
27 Then the great aged wise man Nubience rose and ascended the platform. His eyes were filled with tears as he spoke. "Bethabor, you are a laborer, not a soldier. If you are truly chosen to lead there will be a sign from above." 28 Nubience raised his cane and pointed it at the sun. He shouted: "Who should lead us against our enemies the Philodendrons?"

29 From a cloudless sky there arose the sound of thunder so loud and so violent that those assembled trembled in fear. 30 A ball of light, brighter than the sun itself, rose from below the horizon. streaked across the sky and broke into pieces.

30 "behold! a sign!" said Nubience. "Behold! Behold! let us follow Bethabor" said the soldiers. "To victory or to death, we will follow you Bethabor".
Just me

Indian Trail, NC

#19 Jan 13, 2015
Sitting in church on Sunday does not make a person a Christian anymore than standing around in a barn makes someone a horse. One must believe in the Son of God, Jesus Christ, as their Lord and Savior.

A person knows whether or not they are a true Christian. They feel it in their heart. They have experienced the joy of knowing that this is true.
stank

Wingate, NC

#20 Jan 31, 2015
Saturday is the Sabbath, you can thank the Catholic church and their pagan traditions for changing it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monroe bypass construction started 4 hr Hank Williams Jr 7
Food and Stuff Thu Ex-citizen 9
Thrift Store(old BC Moores) (Sep '14) Aug 29 Renaldo 14
ABC Store Aug 26 Ex-citizen 3
How bad is your Windstream DSL? (Nov '11) Aug 26 Ex-citizen 23
Union County new motto Aug 24 taxed2death 3
El Vallarte Aug 22 whoever 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages