Posted in the Marshville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“The Home News”

Since: Feb 10

Marshville

#1 Feb 23, 2010
A report in Thursday's edition of The Home News says that Marshville Mayor Frank Deese expects to file for the Democratic nomination to run for N.C. Senate District 35, the seat now held by Eddie Goodall.
citizen

Mooresville, NC

#2 Feb 23, 2010
well you forgot to say that if fern shubert does not win the primary he said would probably drop out. he said that fern would not do right by the eastern part of the county. please get all the facts out. he said fern would not do a good job. so please mayor reconsider your thoughts. and by the way d.w. agreed with him. what does that say about the people running your town?
Concerned Citizen

Waxhaw, NC

#3 Feb 23, 2010
That was said probably because these folks know that when Fern was in Raleigh last time, she did not do anything for this end of the county. can you name anything she did ? Don't be offended just because you might be the same party. This has nothing to do with republican or democrat. DW did not say she supported Frank Deese, I believe she may have stated that because Fern did not help us last time. I will ask. Tommy Tucker sounds like a good choice to me. Just an observation.
citizen

Mooresville, NC

#4 Feb 23, 2010
look i dont have a problem with him saying what he wants. i just want the whole story to be reported. he may do a great job? who knows? dont just report half of the story! i would love to see it come down to frank and fern! at least someone on the east side of the county would win! right? who is tommy tucker by the way?
Consado

Matthews, NC

#5 Feb 24, 2010
citizen wrote:
look i dont have a problem with him saying what he wants. i just want the whole story to be reported. he may do a great job? who knows? dont just report half of the story! i would love to see it come down to frank and fern! at least someone on the east side of the county would win! right? who is tommy tucker by the way?
When will you stop GK.. We know this is you. You will never fool us. At least your spelling has improved. Stop hiding as a COWARD and come out and be yourself again. We all love your mis-spelled words and nonsense.
Angry Voter

Sanford, NC

#6 Feb 26, 2010
Fern Shubert is your absolute, unequivocal BEST CHOICE! She is STILL in Raleigh, on the front lines fighting a century+ of total democrackkk domination and manipulation that has ruined our once great state! Just LOOK at how the ORIGINAL Party of SLAVERY has overtaken us! You people have no idea how much Fern Shubert KNOWS about most ALL the CORRUPTION that oozes from Rawleigh! Do YOU want this continued OPPRESSION by evertaxing, everspending slave driving democrackkks??? HELL NO! Dont EVER vote for another filthy NC democrackkk! NOT EVER!!!
Curious

Matthews, NC

#9 Feb 26, 2010
Sorry that went in twice! But it needs to be emphasized. Think about it people.
Two Kids Marshville

Stanfield, NC

#10 Feb 26, 2010
I agree with Andry Voter!!!!! What has Frank Deese done for Marshville? He wants to help run North Carolina. Biggest joke I have heard this year. He can't control DW or MB. LOL
Curious

Mooresville, NC

#12 Feb 26, 2010
What do the mayor's comments say about Mr. Tucker??

Mr. Gibson's good democratic friend doesn't want Ms. Shubert in Raleigh, yet he doesn't MIND Mr. Tucker being in Raleigh??

Hmmmmm.
Friend of J E Thomas

Sanford, NC

#13 Feb 26, 2010
As many of you know, Mr. J. E. Thomas of New Salem, NC is an expert on politics. I called him recently to discuss this very issue. Mr. J.E. Knows Frank and all of his kin. Mr. J.E. says Frank would rather run for Gibson's house seat than the senate. They have been trying to talk the old buzzard into quitting so Frank could run for the seat but Pryor is as stubborn as a mule in a snowstorm.

He says that Frank considers Gibson a honky cracker. Frank likes to crack jokes about Pryor's wife. He says she is so ugly she has to sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink. He says she is so fat that she got a Moo-Moo.....not a dress, a cow!
Norma

Mooresville, NC

#14 Feb 26, 2010
:)

Funny! A honky cracker! LOL
Larry the Cable Guy

Rural Hall, NC

#15 Feb 26, 2010
That's funny I don't care who you are!
Voter

Mooresville, NC

#16 Feb 27, 2010
First the mayor is going to run, then he isn't. Did he?

Does that remind you of anyone?
RANCHHAND

Charlotte, NC

#17 Feb 27, 2010
Mr Deesed did not file to run for the Senate seat but did endorse3 Tommy Tucker, hmmm
RANCHHAND

Charlotte, NC

#18 Feb 27, 2010
Who is J.E. Thomas?

Since: Sep 08

Marshville

#19 Feb 27, 2010
The Home News said on the front page he has now changed his mind and is not gonna run...It says he has his reasons.
Friend of J E Thomas

Sanford, NC

#20 Feb 27, 2010
RANCHHAND wrote:
Who is J.E. Thomas?
Mr. J. E. Thomas of New Salem, NC is an expert on many subjects, including- but not limited to psychology, history, mathematics, geology, chemistry, physics, astronomy, history, philosophy, art, music, Kung Fu, medicine, chess, fishing, drinking adult beverages, Racin' Rodeoin' Rasslin' collecting antique firearms, The NFL, The NBA and Professional baseball. He is often consulted by his other experts because his opinion is held in high regard. Just the other day, as a matter of fact, Mr. J. E. was called in to document the authenticity of the Magna Charta and the Declaration of independence.
Norma

Mooresville, NC

#21 Feb 27, 2010
Mr. J.E. Thomas must be held in very high regard among the community of New Salem.

I hope Mr. Thomas attends the meeting of the Marshville Planning Board on Thursday, March 4, at 7:00 p.m. at the Marshville Town Hall and gives us his opinion on building 15 Habitat houses on one tract of land in Marshville, where there are already three Habitat houses. I would value his opinion before making any kind of recommendation to the Marshville Town Council, which is the board that ultimately votes on this decision.
Norma

Mooresville, NC

#22 Feb 27, 2010
I would also value Mr. Thomas' opinion on Tommy Tucker. I received some mail from Mr. Tucker just today. Since Mr. Deese seems to think so much of Mr. Tucker, I will research this particular candidate before making any decision as to how to vote.

I hope Mr. Thomas comes to the meeting on Thursday.
D Horne

Sanford, NC

#23 Feb 28, 2010
Mayor Deese endorsed Tommy Tucker the Republican. I bet that went over big with his NAACP pals.

Here is Tommy Tucker's website: http://www.tommytucker4ncsenate.com/ It looks like he is very well qualified.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony's Auto Nightmare (Sep '10) 12 hr hole in the wall 35
Kim Hargett Nov 30 Black Lifes Matter 3
News Mana s body found in Wadesboro (Jul '15) Nov 28 Klt 3
Pilgrims Pride Nov 26 marshmom 1
Thanksgiving Nov 24 luvnut 1
@thebitteronion on facebook Nov 24 luvnut 2
BEWARE Paving Company Scam (Feb '12) Nov 23 johnnydot 44

Marshville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance