Warren Edwards/SlumLord Rental House'...

Warren Edwards/SlumLord Rental House's on Union St.

Posted in the Marshville Forum

Tax Payer

Charlotte, NC

#1 May 1, 2012
Warren Edwards has turned Union St. into the worst neighborhood in Marshville renting to anyone that has Drug Dealer money or Government help. There is a white house across from Cherio St. That is the biggest nuisance in the neighborhood, There is about ten or more people staying there with drug traffic 24hrs a day,They are throwing their trash empty baggies and paraphenalia in the street and their kids are terrorizing the neighborhood with vandalizm and stealing from peoples yards and houses. They are constantly breaking windows(At the old James residence) and throwing bricks through their neighbors front doors.They have the police there on a regular basis and nothing is done. Just this week the police and a parole officer were there looking for a fugitive with multiple warrants.They have pitbulls tied up around the property with no water or food in front of them, The kids are abusive to the poor animals throwing rocks at them and hitting them with plastic baseball bats. Animal control has been notified and still the animals remain there. Mr. Warren Edwards has been told of all this and his response was ....They pay their rent so I ain't kickin them out for any reason, I f they stop paying then Ill kick them out.! Hey Warren if the family there is a nuisance too the neighborhood, WE as a neighborhood can petition to have them removed. And if you won't do nothing about it you money grubbing THIEF ....WE AS A COMMUNITY WILL!, How about we all start sending you the repair bills and clean up bills that your TENANTS cause. A petiton has been started to have that family removed and evicted, Since you won't do your job we wil! And for every teneant that trys to rent your property we will ALL MAKE SURE THAT ITS NOT RENTED BY US RUNNING OUR BIG ASS MOUTHS TO THEM! Your done ruining this neighborhood.
Not in my Neighborhood

Charlotte, NC

#2 May 1, 2012
I agree with this topic in every way. I've seen the house in question when I am leaving baseball games at the park.Its the white house right next to where the Meth Lab was busted a few weeks ago. You can't help but see it with al the kids and druggies standing on the porch and in the street. We stopped to see a friend who lives close to there and while there at his house we saw a huge brawl in the front yard due to someone getting ripped off from their drugs.The whole house was in the street screaming and yelling and fighting one guy. I asked my friend do the cops not see what goes on there and he said they do but nothing gets done. I feel bad for the people there on Union because there are some nice well kept properties there and this house full of crazy people is ruining the neighborhood. Id be mad as well.

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#3 May 1, 2012
Money talks.
Tax Payer

Charlotte, NC

#4 May 1, 2012
Just plain sad that people like him get away with this crap and the town goes after people who dont even have people living in their empty propertys. Money isn't everything, Hes human just like the rest and should be held responsible for is tenants actions and behavior on property he owns and rents out.
Also A Taxpayer

Indian Trail, NC

#5 May 2, 2012
Slumlord: An unscrupulous landlord who owns slum buildings in a deteriorated neighborhood, especially one who fails to maintain or improve the buildings and charges tenants exorbitant rents.

I have a vested interest and a long history in this neighborhood, and no one is more sickened and saddened than I am about what is happening there.
But let's be sure to place blame where it should be placed.

The decline of any older neighborhood has its roots in the problems of our society as a whole (lack of personal responsibility, failure to parent, failures in the school, ineffective legal system, our 'nanny' state, etc.) but almost never in the actions of one person.

Mr. Edwards acquired an average, older property several years ago and made tremendous improvements to it, aesthetically and structurally. But unfortunately, most renters and people nowadays that don't own anything will also have no respect for what others have worked to own.
People that remodel and upgrade properties do not make slums. Irresponsible and trashy tenants are what makes the slums.

Do you have any idea what a pain in the a$$ it is to get people removed from a property even when they are NOT paying rent?
And to legally remove them for any other reason practically takes an act of congress.
I think we all know how afraid they are of the law, and how effective congress is!

While you're passing around the blame, don't forget to thank the clueless previous town council that approved cramming the new low-end housing developments into one of the least suitable areas imaginable! Talk about making a bad situation worse!

Start the petition. If there are enough decent citizens left, then start a watch group to take pictures/videos and document the behavior of all these punks. Be diligent. Talk with a knowledgable law enforcement officer like Carl Weber, also maybe see if you can get some pro bono legal advice on steps that can be made.

If you can take actions to get the lawbreakers removed or make any improvement on the street I can promise that you will have the support and gratitude of every law-abiding landowner, taxpayer, and resident in the neighborhood!!
Friend of Marshville

Mooresville, NC

#6 May 6, 2012
I drive by this house every day, and see the same things as mentioned above. The police should be on these people every day, but do nothing. Carl Weber is non-existant, another person waiting for retirement. He would rather have his cops on main street writing tickets to white folks that are trying to help the town. His cops are either afraid or just plain stupid to not know whats going on at that house. I would suggest going over his head to the manager, but then again he may not want to disrupt his peoples business of selling drugs either. Lets face it people, marshville is nothing but a slum, getting worse every day. Council members giving themselves a raise for doing nothing, cops hiding from crime, the place is a very near never being able to recover from the damage your elected officials have done since you put a black ex-con in the mayors seat. Downhill since. And before you respond with your stupid remarks, just sit back and think about my comments, any sense at all and you will agree.
odb

Monroe, NC

#7 May 6, 2012
Friend of Marshville wrote:
I drive by this house every day, and see the same things as mentioned above. The police should be on these people every day, but do nothing. Carl Weber is non-existant, another person waiting for retirement. He would rather have his cops on main street writing tickets to white folks that are trying to help the town. His cops are either afraid or just plain stupid to not know whats going on at that house. I would suggest going over his head to the manager, but then again he may not want to disrupt his peoples business of selling drugs either. Lets face it people, marshville is nothing but a slum, getting worse every day. Council members giving themselves a raise for doing nothing, cops hiding from crime, the place is a very near never being able to recover from the damage your elected officials have done since you put a black ex-con in the mayors seat. Downhill since. And before you respond with your stupid remarks, just sit back and think about my comments, any sense at all and you will agree.
i agree wholeheartedly fom. you hit the nail SQUARE on the head!!
Resident

Indian Trail, NC

#8 May 6, 2012
Friend of Marshville wrote:
Was the name you chose just a lame attempt at humor?
Your comments, whether factual or not, are proof that you are no friend of the town of Marshville. I doubt that you are much of a friend to anything.
Earl W Mills

Monroe, NC

#9 May 7, 2012
Also a Taxpayer is right as can be. I have had people move in, tear up my property and then say they shouldn't have to pay me rent because stuff they broke on purpose doesn't work. Right now I'm waiting for the Sheriff to come and evict some awful tenants at my place in Marshville. They have broke out every window in the house, took out the washer and dryer and I think sold them. They aren't there. Busted the backdoor down. Let their dog piss and poop all over the house and don't pick it up. The police go down there so much they might as well park their car there. All of them have been to jail several times since they moved there. Now get this. When they moved in they had good references. I checked them. The older man has a good job and I tried to garnish his wages through my lawyer but he got out of it somehow. I served them eviction papers 2 months ago. It takes a long time to get their sorry asses out. They know how to work the system

I also own a 4 unit apartment building in Rockingham. I have a man that keeps it up, mows the grass, collects the rent and does some repairs. He's a good man, retired, honest and nice as they come. Down there the Mexicans are the best renters. They take care of stuff and always pay their rent on time. I only have a problem with one tenant in Rockingham. It's a older woman who likes to drink and party. She is disabled with some kind of mental problem. She gets government money each month and I think she has a little side business hustling sex from some of the men. There are always men going in there all hours and they play loud music all night. My other tenants call the law on them and they make them turn it down but when the cops are gone they cut it back up. She pays the rent but she is always late.
Unaffiliated Voter

Asheville, NC

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Earl, a few small changes in your leases could cure your problems in most places but the problem around M-ville is the lack of good prospects to rent to. It used to be such a pleasant little town.

Do you collect 'section 8' taxpayer money for the 'disabled' woman?

Section 8 landlords are TAXPAYER THIEVES!

Location hidden

#11 Jul 13, 2012
Tax Payer wrote:
Warren Edwards has turned Union St. into the worst neighborhood in Marshville renting to anyone that has Drug Dealer money or Government help. There is a white house across from Cherio St. That is the biggest nuisance in the neighborhood, There is about ten or more people staying there with drug traffic 24hrs a day,They are throwing their trash empty baggies and paraphenalia in the street and their kids are terrorizing the neighborhood with vandalizm and stealing from peoples yards and houses. They are constantly breaking windows(At the old James residence) and throwing bricks through their neighbors front doors.They have the police there on a regular basis and nothing is done. Just this week the police and a parole officer were there looking for a fugitive with multiple warrants.They have pitbulls tied up around the property with no water or food in front of them, The kids are abusive to the poor animals throwing rocks at them and hitting them with plastic baseball bats. Animal control has been notified and still the animals remain there. Mr. Warren Edwards has been told of all this and his response was ....They pay their rent so I ain't kickin them out for any reason, I f they stop paying then Ill kick them out.! Hey Warren if the family there is a nuisance too the neighborhood, WE as a neighborhood can petition to have them removed. And if you won't do nothing about it you money grubbing THIEF ....WE AS A COMMUNITY WILL!, How about we all start sending you the repair bills and clean up bills that your TENANTS cause. A petiton has been started to have that family removed and evicted, Since you won't do your job we wil! And for every teneant that trys to rent your property we will ALL MAKE SURE THAT ITS NOT RENTED BY US RUNNING OUR BIG ASS MOUTHS TO THEM! Your done ruining this neighborhood.
I agree with you BUT, your little petition ain't gonna do anything.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 13, 2012
Unaffiliated Voter wrote:
Earl, a few small changes in your leases could cure your problems in most places but the problem around M-ville is the lack of good prospects to rent to. It used to be such a pleasant little town.
Do you collect 'section 8' taxpayer money for the 'disabled' woman?
Section 8 landlords are TAXPAYER THIEVES!
If you had rental property you would be on the "section 8" bandwagon too; it's guarenteed money.
John Hamhock

Waxhaw, NC

#13 Jul 14, 2012
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had rental property you would be on the "section 8" bandwagon too; it's guarenteed money.
Its guaranteed problems for the landlord and the neighbors.
Pointa View

Waxhaw, NC

#14 Jul 20, 2012
Also A Taxpayer wrote:
Slumlord: An unscrupulous landlord who owns slum buildings in a deteriorated neighborhood, especially one who fails to maintain or improve the buildings and charges tenants exorbitant rents.
I have a vested interest and a long history in this neighborhood, and no one is more sickened and saddened than I am about what is happening there.
But let's be sure to place blame where it should be placed.
The decline of any older neighborhood has its roots in the problems of our society as a whole (lack of personal responsibility, failure to parent, failures in the school, ineffective legal system, our 'nanny' state, etc.) but almost never in the actions of one person.
Mr. Edwards acquired an average, older property several years ago and made tremendous improvements to it, aesthetically and structurally. But unfortunately, most renters and people nowadays that don't own anything will also have no respect for what others have worked to own.
People that remodel and upgrade properties do not make slums. Irresponsible and trashy tenants are what makes the slums.
Do you have any idea what a pain in the a$$ it is to get people removed from a property even when they are NOT paying rent?
And to legally remove them for any other reason practically takes an act of congress.
I think we all know how afraid they are of the law, and how effective congress is!
While you're passing around the blame, don't forget to thank the clueless previous town council that approved cramming the new low-end housing developments into one of the least suitable areas imaginable! Talk about making a bad situation worse!
Start the petition. If there are enough decent citizens left, then start a watch group to take pictures/videos and document the behavior of all these punks. Be diligent. Talk with a knowledgable law enforcement officer like Carl Weber, also maybe see if you can get some pro bono legal advice on steps that can be made.
If you can take actions to get the lawbreakers removed or make any improvement on the street I can promise that you will have the support and gratitude of every law-abiding landowner, taxpayer, and resident in the neighborhood!!
I'm sure the term "slumlord" goes back through history. But the action that put the term on steroids was more recent than that. Under the Kennedy/Johnson era, those acts of liberalism that live in infamy, cranked up the heat considerably. So don't blame Mr. Edwards. If I were in his shoes, I'd know first-hand the powerlessness that places HIM in the position. He's a richer man than some of us, and he owns property. I'm betting he'd love to not own it. But he does, and the county sticks him with a hefty bill. He has to pay it some way. Now, he's caught in the squeeze between Feds at the top and locals at the bottom. And the rule of the liberals ties his hands on who or what he can rent to. So don't blame him. You might want to look at the democrats for your culprit.
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#15 Jul 21, 2012
talk to the mayor bro....
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#16 Jul 21, 2012
get the local police officials involved/ if you see crime / report it/ the police are your friend.
although they can't solve it all tell them.
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#17 Jul 21, 2012
put PINKY on a bull - create some revenue for MARSHVILLE.. ha.. just kidding.

maybe the drug task force could round these folks up and send them to prison...
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#18 Jul 21, 2012
evict all the drug dealers. there is a legal process. (just trying to help)
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#19 Jul 21, 2012
democrats are the problem... they are so liberal / Mr. Edward's hands are tied.. by the liberalism of the democrats.

vote republican/ that's the answer... keep it real.

v o t e r e p u b l i c a n..........
BIG COUNTRY

Monroe, NC

#20 Jul 21, 2012
did i mention //// vote republican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joseph L. Clough child molester, drug runner, o... (Nov '12) Apr 21 Ben 55
Murder on Lanesboro Road (Aug '12) Apr 21 Brittney Clemmons 11
Review of FAMILY CAR WASH & MINI STORAGE (Apr '13) Apr 15 James Baucom 43
What are they building.... Apr 14 Dauphine Eggers 3
El Vallarte (Aug '15) Apr 13 luvnut 16
Divorce in Union County Apr 8 Same problem 13
News Austin Stroupe Arrested - Charged with felony d... Apr 6 luvnut 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages