Watch out at Ginos or Judys Kitchen

Watch out at Ginos or Judys Kitchen

Posted in the Marshville Forum

Dixon Hall

Monroe, NC

#1 Jan 6, 2012
Ginos or Judy's Kitchen used to be good and fair priced. It has gone downhill in quality and way up in price. You also have to watch your check there. The waitress on the cash register doesn't seem to be paying attention to the prices on the menu. She charged me over $2 too much. I asked to see her numbers and she showed me a receipt that had more than the menu advertised for one item and there was a charge on the ticket for "sharing". I didn't share anything. She should know, she waited on us. I told her that the fellow with me had a cup of coffee and that's all. He didn't eat a thing. She got all snappy and fussy and I thought she was going to argue with me but she made a correction and gave me some money (not quite enough) I asked to see Judy the owner and the girl said "well she ain't here". I went to the table and picked up the tip I left and put it in my pocket. I made damn sure she saw me do it too! Since it happened I have heard others say that the same thing has happened to them.
Waylon Smithers

Columbia, SC

#2 Jan 8, 2012
I like to eat there for the country cooking daily specials. The chicken and dumplins are very good. Some of their food is just alright, nothing special about the specials sometimes. In my opinion they have gone up to much on their prices. If it gets much higher I'm going to start eating a hot dog and Bud Lime at Shooters for $2.00 instead of going to these high priced places.

I always ask for a receipt. I got charged way to much one time and had another girl refigure my bill. She gave me a refund because the first girl had charged me twice for my drink. You have to watch out at these places. During a rush they get busy and make mistakes.
Haywod Jablowme

Waxhaw, NC

#3 Jan 8, 2012
I guess you mean good ol Greek country cooking. All taste the same. Gino's, Brown Derby, Palace, and Hilltop.
jesco white

Monroe, NC

#4 Jan 8, 2012
Haywod Jablowme wrote:
I guess you mean good ol Greek country cooking. All taste the same. Gino's, Brown Derby, Palace, and Hilltop.
hey you got that right haywood,i had dinner last week at the brown derby.saw the fried codfish special on the flatscreen and it looked delicious,big meaty pieces of fish etc. but when they brought it out it was four little pieces of frozen something that wasnt cod. two little pitiful hushpuppies and one tiny container of tartar sauce. i had to ask for my slaw and it wasnt even scratchmade,now how hard is it to make slaw? when the tightassed greek prick that owns the place asked me how my food was i said next time i'll just buy some frozen fish sticks at wally world probably taste better and cheaper too!
Myles OToole

Monroe, NC

#5 Jan 9, 2012
There aren't any Greeks at Gino's. You've obviously never been there, because you can see back in the kitchen (don't see any Greeks) and their food does not taste like that at the Greek restaurants. Not that there's anything wrong with either. But I much prefer Palace and Hilltop to Brown Derby among the Greek-owned establishments.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#6 Jan 10, 2012
I really enjoy Ginos-Jim and Judy's Kitchen. However, I've had a similar problem with the "sharing" charge. One of the girls (I think just one!) automatically adds it in if someone is sitting with you and doesn't order food. You need to always check your bill!
no eat at brown derby

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 10, 2012
Brown Derby owners are rude and demeaning to their staff. They over charge you for everything on their menu and the food is NOT good. They scream and cuss at their waitstaff anytime a plate is sent back due to kitchen error or server error. It is a hostile environment and that is why there is such a high turn over rate for the waitresses. No one can stand to work for the owners!!

Also, watch your bill at Brown Derby!! They will charge you $2.00 extra for that little tiny container of tarter sauce
Steven

Monroe, NC

#8 Jan 20, 2012
I eat the calzones at ginos which are very good. some of the food there is ok and some not like most places. the thing that makes me mad at ginos is the price of tea and soda which is out rageois. I don't like wingate booger king which is nasty. I sometimes eat at mcdonalds which is ok. gators is ok but costs to much in my opinion. i go there and drink beer which they charge to much for. the habachi restarant is ok and they give you a lot for your money. they put a brand new subway in the medicine building at wingate univorsity. it is very clean and food is good.

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Jan 20, 2012
Why I don't know but I have never been in there or ordered from there.
Anonymous

Charlotte, NC

#10 Oct 28, 2015
Dixon Hall wrote:
Ginos or Judy's Kitchen used to be good and fair priced. It has gone downhill in quality and way up in price. You also have to watch your check there. The waitress on the cash register doesn't seem to be paying attention to the prices on the menu. She charged me over $2 too much. I asked to see her numbers and she showed me a receipt that had more than the menu advertised for one item and there was a charge on the ticket for "sharing". I didn't share anything. She should know, she waited on us. I told her that the fellow with me had a cup of coffee and that's all. He didn't eat a thing. She got all snappy and fussy and I thought she was going to argue with me but she made a correction and gave me some money (not quite enough) I asked to see Judy the owner and the girl said "well she ain't here". I went to the table and picked up the tip I left and put it in my pocket. I made damn sure she saw me do it too! Since it happened I have heard others say that the same thing has happened to them.
We are so frustrated with this establishment! Our Food was so salty we could barely swallow the our first bite! We immediately spoke to the waitress so she spoke to the owner who offered to do nothing. We were required to pay the full bill and was not even asked if they could get us anything else in replace of the overly salty food! This reminded me of the time we took our whole family there for dinner and they had a fire in the kitchen and the fire department came. They had just sat our food on the table and we had to leave and was still expected to pay our bill. Today when we asked to speak to the owner she said we were liars that there food was not salty any we were just trying to get free food. UNBELIEVABLE! Then she tells us to never come back again, as if we would ever darken their doors again. COMPLETELY RUDE and BEYOND POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Barbra

Pineville, NC

#11 Oct 29, 2015
It really is shameful! The sad part is that the food is normally fair but when a cook gets heavy handed with the salt, I feel it's important to let them know considering how bad salt is for our health. I am very cautious of salt in my diet and restaurants should use it as sparingly as possible. I only mentioned it so they could bring it to his attention so they would be more careful in the future. Not to get free food but when they become rude is when I definitely feel like I shouldn't have to pay for my food. The only reason they get away with treating people this way is because they are independently owned and also because this is such a rural area that there isn't much else to choose from unless you drive all the way into Monroe. In the corporate world if an employee spoke to a customer in this manner they would have been fired on the spot. I hate giving my money to pompous, arrogant and rude people. I feel it's important for others to hear about how they treat their customers and be held accountable thus the reason for my rant. I being a small business woman appreciate all my customers and am willing to make things right anyway I can. I find their attitude repulsive and socially unexceptionable considering if it wasn't for their customers they wouldn't be in business. And while I'm at it I am going to take the opportunity to throw another point out since we are being honest. If northerners can't adapt to our southern way by all means go back where you come from. Rudeness doesn't belong here in the South. We are known for our southern hospitality and I personally have ZERO TOLERANCE for RUDE people!

Shirley Marie Morrow Plutowski Responds:
WOW!! I have never heard of such rude behavior to a customer.

Elise Dambrava Responds:
I've never been treated that way as a customer but did work in a joint where I saw and heard the owner do people that way. Guess what? A lot came back...I don't even know how or why. I smoothed a lot of ruffled feathers and took a lot off of irate customers that wanted to be heard even when it wasn't my fault. So sorry! It really does remind me of 3 years of my life working for someone who undervalued me, his own business and the customers that kept all of our bills and families going. Sucks!

Marie Ballard Responds:
This is shameful. I had a similar experience once. I felt so sorry for our waitress who was cussed out by the owner of the dump, that we pressed some extra money into her hand....and told her to find another job away from this rat. Our food was horrible. We were nice about it and only asked for some fajitas that were not full of gristle and fat. The waitress came back to our table crying. A few months later the place burned to the ground. We didn't set it...Ha Ha but we certainly did not shed any tears about it, either.

Patrick AndStephanie Hall Responds:
Come to Hendersonville. 2 Guys Pizza is the same way! If you complain, you are immediately berated and made to feel like you did something wrong. Sharon, I am so sorry you had to deal with that kind of people.
Sharon Mennell

Pineville, NC

#12 Oct 29, 2015
[QUOTE Sharon Mennell] It really is shameful! The sad part is that the food is normally fair but when a cook gets heavy handed with the salt, I feel it's important to let them know considering how bad salt is for our health. I am very cautious of salt in my diet and restaurants should use it as sparingly as possible. I only mentioned it so they could bring it to his attention so they would be more careful in the future. Not to get free food but when they become rude is when I definitely feel like I shouldn't have to pay for my food. The only reason they get away with treating people this way is because they are independently owned and also because this is such a rural area that there isn't much else to choose from unless you drive all the way into Monroe. In the corporate world if an employee spoke to a customer in this manner they would have been fired on the spot. I hate giving my money to pompous, arrogant and rude people. I feel it's important for others to hear about how they treat their customers and be held accountable thus the reason for my rant. I being a small business woman appreciate all my customers and am willing to make things right anyway I can. I find their attitude repulsive and socially unexceptionable considering if it wasn't for their customers they wouldn't be in business. And while I'm at it I am going to take the opportunity to throw another point out since we are being honest. If northerners can't adapt to our southern way by all means go back where you come from. Rudeness doesn't belong here in the South. We are known for our southern hospitality and I personally have ZERO TOLERANCE for RUDE people!
Shirley Marie Morrow Plutowski Responds:
WOW!! I have never heard of such rude behavior to a customer.
Elise Dambrava Responds:
I've never been treated that way as a customer but did work in a joint where I saw and heard the owner do people that way. Guess what? A lot came back...I don't even know how or why. I smoothed a lot of ruffled feathers and took a lot off of irate customers that wanted to be heard even when it wasn't my fault. So sorry! It really does remind me of 3 years of my life working for someone who undervalued me, his own business and the customers that kept all of our bills and families going. Sucks!
Marie Ballard Responds:
This is shameful. I had a similar experience once. I felt so sorry for our waitress who was cussed out by the owner of the dump, that we pressed some extra money into her hand....and told her to find another job away from this rat. Our food was horrible. We were nice about it and only asked for some fajitas that were not full of gristle and fat. The waitress came back to our table crying. A few months later the place burned to the ground. We didn't set it...Ha Ha but we certainly did not shed any tears about it, either.
Patrick AndStephanie Hall Responds:
Come to Hendersonville. 2 Guys Pizza is the same way! If you complain, you are immediately berated and made to feel like you did something wrong. Sharon, I am so sorry you had to deal with that kind of people.[/QUOTE]
Thank You

Location hidden

#13 Oct 30, 2015
If you crybabies don't like the place, why do you go there?
hole in the wall

Washington, DC

#14 Nov 1, 2015
luvnut wrote:
If you crybabies don't like the place, why do you go there?
Dumbass

Location hidden

#15 Nov 2, 2015
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass
You must like those Northeast runs. And you call me the dumbass. THAT'S rich. Ciao!
hole in the wall

Washington, DC

#16 Nov 3, 2015
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
You must like those Northeast runs. And you call me the dumbass. THAT'S rich. Ciao!
Not in a truck. I am in Marshville . Did you vote today? I did. Your still a dumbass........

Location hidden

#17 Nov 4, 2015
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in a truck. I am in Marshville . Did you vote today? I did. Your still a dumbass........
I did. In New Orleans where I live.
Exodus Twentyfifteen

Waxhaw, NC

#18 Nov 24, 2015
At Ginos Jim and Judy in Wingate it don't matter what the prices say on the menu. They gone to charge you what they want to charge you. Always ask for a receipt because the girls running the register will add on charges if they think you are not paying attention. Lot of people just hand over credit cards and don't even know what they is being charged. Later on they might look at the bill total and see they got charged a whole lot more than they thought they did.

When you get your receipt go over it and when you see extra charges ask the girl "what is this for?" If she bitches then ask to see Judy. Tell her in no certain words you think it is wrong for them to add on charges for sharing, a glass of water, moving chairs or more than 4 at a table. They tried to charge me extra for not parking between the white lines!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Vallarte 7 hr T Bone Pickens 9
!!Breaking News Kristy Brooks!! Feb 4 luvnut 27
News Dozens rally to support Confederate Flag in Monroe Feb 3 Elder Alphonso Gi... 20
Poll Should the old MaLeck building in Wingate be ra... (Nov '09) Feb 2 luvnut 41
Wingate Man Kilt By Lawn Mower (Aug '11) Feb 1 Redneck 18
twc Jan 31 Soleman270 5
Autumn Care Patient gets Loose Jan 31 Norvella Gillstrap 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages