Which nominee for Council will you su...

Which nominee for Council will you support?

Created by T Boone Pickens on Jul 19, 2009

198 votes

Click on an option to vote

Rusty Johnson

Brian Weber

Matthew Jefferson

Larry Smith

Dora Bridget

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 19, 2009
Here are the official filings from the Union County Board of Elections. In this poll you can only vote for one but in the election 2 seats will be up for grabs.
Griffin

Waxhaw, NC

#2 Jul 20, 2009
Where's Waldo?... I mean where is Norma? I was all set to vote for her!
YAHOO- Marshville

Stanfield, NC

#3 Jul 20, 2009
Yes, where is Norma? Is she not going to run? No one is giong to run against Frank Deese. That surprises me some then again it does't surprise me at all. No one in their right mind wants that headache. Well who ever gets on office has to be better than what we have.
Norma Griffin Carpenter

Mooresville, NC

#4 Jul 20, 2009
Sorry folks, I have too much going on right now to really be able to give it my best. But watch out in two years!:)

I hope everyone truly PAYS ATTENTION to the candidates and how they talk and act during the next few months. There are some good folks running, let's choose the best of the lot. Congratulations to each of them for doing it!!! The reason we are where we are now is because no one bothered to run!!!!
YAHOO- Marshville

Stanfield, NC

#6 Jul 22, 2009
We have some good people running for the offices. Maybe these new people can get things on the right track. I feel we have some who will not let petticoats tell them what to do. All I care about is some good business minded people who are honest andwill take care of us. Thank all of you for running. I know it's a hard job but you can do it. I have faith.
Griffin

Matthews, NC

#7 Jul 25, 2009
I think we need a candidate forum so we can hear what their vision for Marshville is. I think they should take questions from the audience to.
John Terry

Indian Trail, NC

#8 Aug 4, 2009
I vote for Dora and Matthew as the best. Dora because she experienced and Matthew because he knows a lot about politics and will not embarrass us.
Ex Gasman

Tryon, NC

#9 Aug 7, 2009
Larry for sure. Not sure who else I will vote for.
Yep

Asheville, NC

#10 Aug 8, 2009
I would think Larry Smith is greatly qualified and from a fine old Mville family.
Yep

Asheville, NC

#11 Aug 8, 2009
Still wishing Norma would run!
Norma Griffin Carpenter

Mooresville, NC

#12 Aug 8, 2009
Sorry Yep, too late for Norma to run.....this time......!!!!
Norma

Mooresville, NC

#13 Aug 9, 2009
T. Boone Pickens for Mayor!!!!

Yeah!!!
Kerry Raulston

Matthews, NC

#14 Aug 9, 2009
The poll here says 48 people have voted on Marshville's city council. Are there really 48 people on here who live in Marshville?
Norma

Mooresville, NC

#15 Aug 10, 2009
LOL

There are about 48 people in Marshville who CARE about what goes on at Town Hall, the rest are complacent and don't bother to pay attention or even go VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

Sad state for our town, our county, our state and our country. People do not pay attention!!!

People need to wake up and DO something. Vote, go to meetings, speak up.
Icenine

Charlotte, NC

#16 Aug 14, 2009
Move to Wingate for total citizen's apathy.
David High

Kershaw, SC

#17 Aug 15, 2009
I wonder what would happen if I wrote in Linda McAnnelly and Reid Pheifer's wife for town council. Two more thieves on the council might not necessarily make things better but at least the public would pay attention to what is going on!
Antonious

Indian Trail, NC

#18 Aug 28, 2009
Miss Dora
YNOT

Salisbury, NC

#19 Sep 10, 2009
John Terry wrote:
I vote for Dora and Matthew as the best. Dora because she experienced and Matthew because he knows a lot about politics and will not embarrass us.
Your right on with Dora, but isnt it Matthew that resigned a few years back because he ran for mayor and recieved only 26 votes, he was a council member at the time and was "upset" that he only got a few votes for the mayors seat. He was a quitter then and maybe again. Dora should be by far the right choice, with Larry a distant 2nd. Please dont vote for whoever Denise and Margret support, they lost their majority when Gail came to her senses, lets not backstep again, please.
Christian Conservative

Matthews, NC

#20 Sep 10, 2009
ynot is right we do need more people to stand up for thier towns. stand up and tell the truth but say it for the people not for yourself. do it for the town and not personal gain.
real change

Mooresville, NC

#21 Sep 11, 2009
what can ya'll tell me about matthew, brian, rusty, or larry? all i know is larry was a former mayor, and matthew was a councilman! what about the other two?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Orunga 18 hr Hung 1
State Shutting Down Autumn Care (Dec '16) Nov 15 Vonnie Mull 6
i Stand by Nov 15 Hung 1
Chad Nov 12 Hung 1
Marshville town council Nov 10 Toni 11
Joseph L. Clough child molester, drug runner, o... (Nov '12) Nov 9 Rob R 56
Local Politics Do you approve of Franklin D. Deese as Mayor? (Feb '12) Nov 8 Russ 5

Marshville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages