Mayor Deese buys a new suit
W Huggins

Waxhaw, NC

#21 Apr 14, 2010
Some of you hypocrits and back sliders who call yourself Christian need to sweep your own doorstep before you sit in judgement of me or anyone else for being critical.

PAY ATTENTION LISA
Jesus warned His disciples about being critical of faults in others while being blind to even greater faults in themselves (Matthew 7:1-5) Girl--I will forgive you for finding fault with me but you need to get on your knees and ask God for his forgiveness.

It's a fact that the mayor said he got his suit at Joseph A. Banks at South Park. He was laughing so he might have known I saw him. Don't go reading something in my words that ain't there you hypocrits, charlatans, liars and sinners!
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#22 Apr 14, 2010
Hey, W. Huggins, you a preacha?

LOL

Yep I am a sinner, of the worst kind! Don't claim not to be.
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#23 Apr 14, 2010
Ya'll pray for me!
Lisa

Waxhaw, NC

#24 Apr 15, 2010
Now W. Huggins I was not being critical. I was just asking should you say stuff like that on here. See you left out the part where he was laughing when he said where he got it from so I only read what you said the first time and went from that. If you are going to tell your story you should tell the whole thing and not just part of it. You made it sound like he was lying about it. Thank you for the verse however you should read it your self and see what you got out of it because it sounded like you were the one judging the Mayor.(Gossip) Believe me I pray everyday. No one is perfect. It says to be Christ like, not to be Christ.We can't be. We all sin so we need to ask his forgiveness everyday. How about someone opening up a nice clothing store around here so we can buy our clothes from Marshville. Norma you do sale Avon so go a little further and open the clothing store we all need so desperately around here. Just kidding but it would be nice.
Edna

Waxhaw, NC

#25 Apr 15, 2010
When my husband was alive he preferred tailored suits. He said he never did find a suit off of the racks that fit him comfortably. Some of you might remember Ivey's in downtown Charlotte. It has been closed probably 20 years but it was one of the best places to buy tailored men's suits. They could make a suit for you or alter a high quality suit like Hart, Shaffner and Marx. Back then you could buy a good name brand suit off of the racks for $70 or so. A high quality suit cost about $200-$250 and a tailored suit $300 and up. Today just a regular suit off of the racks at a department store like J.C. Penny will cost around $200. Name brand quality suits run about $500 and up and tailored suits well over $1,000.
RANCHHAND

Lexington, SC

#26 Apr 15, 2010
Frank is frugal,so what?

Since: Sep 08

Marshville

#27 Apr 15, 2010
Norma wrote:
And the Mayor drives an Escalade, just like Tiger Woods' used to!!!!!
See how ya do me...LOL....I was going here to post the very same thing..I think the thrift store deal was staged myself. Of course that is only MHO.

Hello Norma...It's Joey..All the way from St.Louis Missouri. I'll be back in Marshvegas friday or saturday morning..Be good to yourself......

........Joey

Since: Sep 08

Marshville

#28 Apr 15, 2010
Edna wrote:
When my husband was alive he preferred tailored suits. He said he never did find a suit off of the racks that fit him comfortably. Some of you might remember Ivey's in downtown Charlotte. It has been closed probably 20 years but it was one of the best places to buy tailored men's suits. They could make a suit for you or alter a high quality suit like Hart, Shaffner and Marx. Back then you could buy a good name brand suit off of the racks for $70 or so. A high quality suit cost about $200-$250 and a tailored suit $300 and up. Today just a regular suit off of the racks at a department store like J.C. Penny will cost around $200. Name brand quality suits run about $500 and up and tailored suits well over $1,000.
I remember Ivey's...I was a little boy then..
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#29 Apr 15, 2010
Lisa, it might be fun but you know I am in the dental office 8 hours a day. Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Joey, my mother used to take us to downtown Charlotte and do the valet parking at Ivey's and we would "do" downtown Charlotte shopping at "back to school" time......I hated it. But the BEST treat was to stop at the MacDonald's on Independence on the way back and get those wonderful little burgers. You would walk up to the little window to order and eat in the car. So much fun. It was a BIG deal back then. Funny, nothing much seems to be a big deal to kids anymore, they are so overwhelmed with stimulus, most of them don't seem to appreciate anything. Sad. We had a good time back when I was a kid.
James 73 Pinto Crowder

Waxhaw, NC

#30 Apr 15, 2010
W Huggins wrote:
2 weeks ago on a Monday morning I was at the Goodwill store in Monroe donating some stuff. Then I went inside to look around and Frank Deese was in there looking through the mens suits. He didn't see me or he would have been embarased. That is why he was there on Monday morning when ain't nobody there. He found a coat that fit and then found some pants and took it to the fitting room. I acted like I was looking at kids clothes and stayed out of sight. After a while Frank came out in the suit and strutted back and forth in front of the mirror. Then he went back and took the suit to the regiuster. The lady charged him $3.00. This past Sunday Frank was wearing the Goodwill suit at Church. I went up and told him it was a nice suit and axe where he bought it. He said Joseph A. Banks at South Park. I could hardly keep from laughing.
Hahahaha Warren Huggins, you crazy old man. You didn't see Frank at no church. His shadow ain't likely to fall on a church door. Hes a heathern. You might have seen him an his suit at the Liquor house but you didn't see him at church. Why you want to break bad on Frank?
Lives in Marshville

Waxhaw, NC

#31 Apr 15, 2010
Marshville Business wrote:
The mayor should buy his clothes in his own town. It sets a bad example if he goes elsewhere to shop. Surely he doesn't want to be an example to the citizens by avoiding doing business in Marshville. As long as the goods and services are available here we should support the businesses here. We have clothes here in town. Shop Marshville and encourage everyone to support our towns commerce.
Perhaps the mayor should check the biker out fits at the local bike shop, I think he would look good in leather.
TEST1234

Charlotte, NC

#33 Apr 15, 2010
He is just like the rest of you so called christians, saturday night is for drinking and sunday for praying. Just he aint afraid to show his face near the liquor store, unlike most of you. You would be shocked at how many of our good christians visit the "store" when they think no ones looking.
M C DRE44

Waxhaw, NC

#34 Apr 16, 2010
All yall is liars.
Mayer Frank has nice threads.
Yall keep on tellin' dem fibs
Gonna jerk off yo nose
wit a pair of pliars.

Like Randy says...
yo, yo, I don't know dog
It just wasn't there for me, you know?
it was a little pitchy.

Frank gots dem Pierre Cardin, Joseph A Banks
and Hart Shaffner and Marx
The rest o' yall got Family Dollar, JC Penny, Wal Mart and Clarks

Say get up, get up, get up and say
get up yall, get up yall
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#35 Apr 16, 2010
LOL

I do think Frank wears really nice looking suits.

And drives a FINE vehic!
Al Gore

Waxhaw, NC

#36 Apr 16, 2010
Some of you undoubtedly know that I, Al Gore, who lost the presidency of these United States by a hanging chad, likes a good suit. After all, I am one of America's best dressed politicians according to my wife, Tipper Gore who coincidently likes to tongue kiss in public with me. While I was reading the Funk and Wagnals' Encyclopedia doing research on Global Warming for which I was awarded the Nobel Prize, I found an article about suits. Unfortunately, I did not invent or design the modern suit of clothes. Perhaps you have wondered how the modern suit evolved from the 18th century top coat and trousers. Perhaps you haven't. It doesn't matter because you can easily look it up on the internet which I invented. So, the next time you point and click you can thank Al Gore.
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#37 Apr 16, 2010
Al Gore wrote:
Some of you undoubtedly know that I, Al Gore, who lost the presidency of these United States by a hanging chad, likes a good suit. After all, I am one of America's best dressed politicians according to my wife, Tipper Gore who coincidently likes to tongue kiss in public with me. While I was reading the Funk and Wagnals' Encyclopedia doing research on Global Warming for which I was awarded the Nobel Prize, I found an article about suits. Unfortunately, I did not invent or design the modern suit of clothes. Perhaps you have wondered how the modern suit evolved from the 18th century top coat and trousers. Perhaps you haven't. It doesn't matter because you can easily look it up on the internet which I invented. So, the next time you point and click you can thank Al Gore.
LOL. Now, I know pretty much about suits, but you can bet your Funk and Wagnalls I'd like to hear more about Tipper.:)
Burma Shave

Waxhaw, NC

#38 Apr 17, 2010
RANCHHAND wrote:
Frank is frugal,so what?
Frugal Frank Follows Fashion Fads.
Grabs Goodwill Garments
Hippocrits Howl
Burma Shave
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#39 Apr 18, 2010
Mr. Huggins what did the mayor wear to church today?
Sweet Daddy

Wilmington, NC

#40 Apr 18, 2010
TEST1234 wrote:
He is just like the rest of you so called christians, saturday night is for drinking and sunday for praying. Just he aint afraid to show his face near the liquor store, unlike most of you. You would be shocked at how many of our good christians visit the "store" when they think no ones looking.
Test Do you know the difference between the Baptists and the Catholics at the liquor store?( The clerk knows all the Catholics by name.)
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#41 Apr 18, 2010
Hey Sweet Daddy, the difference between a Baptist and a Methodist at the liquor store, the Methodist will speak to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
union county animal shelter (Jan '07) 5 hr Mister Whitley to... 48
Thrift Store(old BC Moores) (Sep '14) Mon Lambogini Stubbs 12
Monroe bypass construction started Jul 23 Jimbo 6
Marshville Police Dept Accused (Aug '14) Jul 21 Beaver Cleaver 28
Debate: Marijuana - Monroe, NC (Aug '10) Jul 21 Expert Witness 35
Are there any haunted places or homes around here (May '13) Jul 19 Stacey Lemmon 33
Wingate Man Kilt By Lawn Mower (Aug '11) Jul 18 luvnut 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages