Marshville's 2010 XMas PARADE Tomorrow!!!!!

Posted in the Marshville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Seeking reality & civilization”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 19, 2010
http://enquirerjournal.com/view/full_story/10...

Could be interesting; There should be a Marshville TOPIX float for all the M-ville Topix family to ride! We could harness up Denise & Gail to pull it too!

Location hidden

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Ooop's; didnt notice the other active post about the parade.....my bad.....sorry!
Christian

Matthews, NC

#3 Nov 19, 2010
Is CHRISTmas! Not xmas. Please do not take Christ out of Christmas. After all, he is the reason for the season. God Bless!
Laughing

Waxhaw, NC

#4 Nov 19, 2010
Whitley and other council members plan to ride in the parade as they have done in the past.

Mayor Franklin Deese will be out of town on Saturday but has enjoyed attending the parade when he could.

His favorite part of the parade is seeing Santa Claus at the end because it means that Christmas is almost here, he said.

Let's throw rocks at DW. Was so hoping December 1 would be the magic day, not so it appears after the article in The Home News yesterday. What is administrative anyway? Guess Frank could not stand to be in the same parade as "former mayor Whitley"......LOL Think she will run for mayor next year?

Location hidden

#5 Nov 19, 2010
Think she will run for mayor next year?

Yea, of the cell block.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 19, 2010
It always is a nice hometown parade though.
Deloris

Waxhaw, NC

#7 Nov 19, 2010
Do any body know if Matthew who live at Autumn Care and ride on a electric wheel chair is going to be in the parade? I heard that he wants to but afraid the battery of his electric wheel chair will give out before he can get back. Some body tell if it is and I will help push him or get a recharge battery for him.
Deloris Helms
Mator Dude

Matthews, NC

#8 Nov 19, 2010
Laughing wrote:
Whitley and other council members plan to ride in the parade as they have done in the past.
Mayor Franklin Deese will be out of town on Saturday but has enjoyed attending the parade when he could.
His favorite part of the parade is seeing Santa Claus at the end because it means that Christmas is almost here, he said.
Let's throw rocks at DW. Was so hoping December 1 would be the magic day, not so it appears after the article in The Home News yesterday. What is administrative anyway? Guess Frank could not stand to be in the same parade as "former mayor Whitley"......LOL Think she will run for mayor next year?
The Mayor is like Obama ,Always out of town or on vacation. I have my sack of ripe tomatoes to throw at certain people during the parade.
Norma

Monroe, NC

#9 Nov 19, 2010
I have some nice, hard, green tomatoes I stole from my neighbor's garden a few days ago. Should I bring them and join in the fray?
Deloris

Matthews, NC

#10 Nov 20, 2010
Yous is mean people. Yous can be put in jail for asalt if you throw things at people in a parade. You could put out a eye or caus serious injury. What you are saying might be nonsense and I hope it is. But some one might read it and think they can do it. And you gave them the idea. Then you would be guilty also. So think before you write threatening things.

I am still trying to find out about Matthew. I hear Autumn Care might ride some of their patients in the parade which seems safer.
Deloris Helms
Deloris

Matthews, NC

#11 Nov 20, 2010
How did I get in Shephardsville KY where I have never been? I am in Marshville

Location hidden

#12 Nov 20, 2010
Deloris wrote:
How did I get in Shephardsville KY where I have never been? I am in Marshville
LSD.
Good stuff.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2010
luvnut wrote:
<quoted text>
LSD.
Good stuff.
lmao!!!
Norma

Monroe, NC

#14 Nov 21, 2010
I didn't go, how was it?
b traywick

United States

#15 Nov 22, 2010
I thought we had a great turnout 4 the christmas parade. I had fun. I also wid like 2 say I agree with christian it is christmas not xmas my mom saw me rite that when I was a kid & set me straight

Location hidden

#16 Nov 22, 2010
b traywick wrote:
I thought we had a great turnout 4 the christmas parade. I had fun. I also wid like 2 say I agree with christian it is christmas not xmas my mom saw me rite that when I was a kid & set me straight
Ya know, y'all are right; Christ is being taken out of everything else. My bad. I agree; it won't happen again! Not from me anyway.
Leonard

Waxhaw, NC

#17 Nov 29, 2010
There were more people out watching the parade this year than ever before. The weather was nice and everybody was throwing candy. I filled up 2 large grocery bags. I've got enough candy to last me 10 years.

A Marshville parade means horses, lots of horses. Some dressed fancy with Western gear and riders in cool looking cowboy or cowgirl outfits. Some of the horses were well groomed show horses; Saddlebreds, Walking Horses, Paso Finos, Paints and Quarter horses. There were pleasure horses straight from the pasture, ungroomed, uncombed and dirty. There were work horses and plow horses , some ridden and some lead.

A Marshville parade also means trucks and tractors, lots of big, long, Diesel smoke belching, air horn blowing, Cummings Engine rumbling, shiny Kenworths, Sterlings and Freightliners. Some were pulling box trailers 80 feet long. Some were pulling flat beds filled with Cub Scouts or Church Youth groups. Some were decorated with scenes of Christmas. One depicted Bethlehem and baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph in bathrobes purchased at B.C. Moore several years ago surrounded by a heavenly host of Sunday School and Church members similarly dressed.

A Marshville parade means antique and muscle cars. The owners proudly sitting at the steering wheels with their arms propped on the window looking cool.

A Marshville parade means band music, marching, crisp uniforms and girls twirling flags in time to the music. The Jacket Regiment strutted and the drums beat out a rat-a-tat, Boom, ba Boom. Then the horns and clarinets joined in followed by the big tubas, trombones and baritones. As they passed us and the music began to fade away the Jacket Cheerleaders appeared, perched on the back of a shiny Dodge Ram pickup. They yelled out a cheer:

"Two, Four, Six, Eight,
Someday we hope to graduate.
Three, Five, Seven, Nine
If we don't you'll hear us cryin'"

The beauty queens were really good looking. From the tiny princess looking adorable sitting on the back of a convertible to the assembled FHHS princesses and queen looking radiant in the lowering sunlight.

Parades are for kids and there were hundreds lining the streets. Most were accompanied by parents but some appeared to be with groups chaperoned by adults.
b traywick

United States

#18 Nov 29, 2010
cld not b said better!
New Salem Parade

Waxhaw, NC

#19 Dec 2, 2010
Don't forget the annual New Salem Parade is this Saturday. The Staging area will be Army Rd and it will go east on 218, past the judging area at the 205 Intersection to the Fish Camp. We don't have marching bands but we do have bands! Our Bands are bluegrass, country and gospel and they ride on floats pulled by tractors and on flatbed trailers. They each get to stop in front of the judges and play a number which is judged. This year we have princesses coming from Albemarle, Oakboro, South Stanley, Piedmont and Forest Hills. The Carolina Cruisers car club have every kind of car from Model T to Sports Car with a lot of hot rods, pickup and muscle cars. We will have antique tractors and lots more. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy our parade
Huh

Asheville, NC

#20 Dec 5, 2010
b traywick wrote:
cld not b said better!
do ya'll stop traffic on NC 218 for this? huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town Manager Amanda Reid (Mar '14) 8 hr fmj 53
Hi Neighbors! 13 hr Elm Street Visionary 7
Pinky Marsh (Feb '14) Wed pinky marsh 73
Speed trap is working Dec 16 Hernando 1
Pawn Shop (Nov '13) Dec 7 Ray Thornburg 14
monroe water dog park (May '13) Dec 7 In the know 26
ghost town (Apr '14) Dec 7 scoob 7
Marshville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web