Main St Business Owner

Nicholasville, KY

#1 Oct 21, 2012
I have put several special edition signs that are trying to build my business and seems someone is stealing them. Someone told me it was not allowed in Marshville anymore. Who is making these rules? Do they want business here or not? All I am doing is trying to keep my business alive. In Wingate and Monroe I see signs on every corner, pole, fence, and wherever they can be visible. Tired of the government putting their nose in my business.
Angela

Indian Trail, NC

#2 Oct 21, 2012
Run an ad in the local newspaper if you have a new business to get the word out. There is a town ordinance against putting signs on poles. Check with your Town Hall for information.
Stacey E Lemmon

Charlotte, NC

#3 Oct 21, 2012
See if a"Snndwich" Sign is allowable
josh

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Oct 23, 2012
but she doesnt sell sandwiches. she sells used merchandise. and i saw the guys picture n the paper taking signs down read the paper and you will understand.
Stacey E Lemmon

Charlotte, NC

#5 Oct 29, 2012
lol.... good "pun"....
John Edminston

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 29, 2012
I will gladly sell you all the advertising you will ever need in the Marshville Home News. It will probably be a lot cheaper than those signs that the town took down for town code violations.

The Town of Marshville cannot allow signs on poles in town. Poles are for electricity and phone service, not billboards. You can stick small signs in the ground as long as they don't block the field of vision. That's why the small political signs are allowed.

You will reach more people if you advertise in the Home News. People tend to ignore the signs along the road. that's why there are so many accidents. There would be even more if people read all of the little signs along the side of the road.

Another thing to think about is what kind of customers you want to come into your business. You have to figure that people that read the paper have at least enough sense to read. Some of these idiots out here on 74 can't read a simple stop sign. So why waste your advertising money on putting up a sign no one is going to read anyway. Come in and let's design a real nice advertisement that the smart people who come to your shop can read and really want to come in and buy stuff. You will make money and be happy. I will sell you an ad and I will be happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach John at Sports Camp May 17 Chrysler 2
TRUMP saving America May 15 hole in the wall 7
ABC store May 15 hole in the wall 15
State Shutting Down Autumn Care (Dec '16) May 14 COG 8
Fern Shubert to Run for County Commissioner May 4 CCC 5
Looking or someone in Wadesboro to assist me in... May 4 WadesboroPOHelp 1
Former Deputy Brian Quick (Sep '08) May 3 Karma 20

Marshville Jobs

Personal Finance

Marshville Mortgages