The Buzzards Are Back
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#1 Feb 14, 2010
When I went to Food Lion this afternoon, I noticed the big flock of buzzards was back. Are buzzards in flocks? Yep, it says so on Wikipedia, buzzards are in flocks during migration.

Remember when they stayed here for such a long time a couple of years ago?

Wonder what they are here for now?
Christian Conservative

Waxhaw, NC

#2 Feb 14, 2010
Norma They roost about 100 feet from my house. They have been here since I moved in. They probably number around 100. I wasn't sure if anybody else was going to say anything. But I think they need to be controlled. Its quit a site to see all them big birds up in the tree tops. My son calls them floppy birds because of their big wings. He see them every morning when he walks to school.
Friend of J E Thomas

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Feb 14, 2010
I have noticed the Buzzards also. Early one evening about 5:30 my wife and I were going to visit an elderly lady who is at Autumn Care. When we got almost there my wife shouted "look up in that tree"! I couldn't look or I would have run up into Jimmy Perkins yard so I pulled over. Across the street, looking toward Autumn Care, roosting in a big tree was 8 to 10 of the creatures. We got a good look at them. We suspected they were vultures or buzzards and not giant crows or any similar bird. When we got home we got out the Encyclopedia and looked them up. They are likely Eastern Turkey Buzzards. They eat carrion or dead animal flesh. Mr J.E. Thomas who many here know as a walking encyclopedia of things in and around Marshville and New Salem says they will eat animals that have been run over by cars including possums, dogs, cats and even deer. He said they also eat chickens that chicken farmers throw out. He says he has seen flocks of as many as 15-20 descend on a dead deer and fight over the remains.
Interesting

Rock Hill, SC

#4 Feb 15, 2010
I think a deal can be struck here. I'll trade you 10 jillion Indian Trail geese for your 100 Marshville buzzards. Yes???
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#5 Feb 15, 2010
Interesting wrote:
I think a deal can be struck here. I'll trade you 10 jillion Indian Trail geese for your 100 Marshville buzzards. Yes???
LMAO!!!!!! I understand completely. I had to avoid goose poop at the Wright Brother's Memorial this past summer at the Outer Banks. I thought it was piles of dog poop from people taking their dogs, but Ron quickly pointed out the source of all the poop!

Buzzards defend themselves by chasing you and throwing up on you, so my advice is to leave the buzzards (and geese) alone. Geese will chase you and peck you.
Consado

Charlotte, NC

#6 Feb 15, 2010
ooopps sorry, wrong thread.. thought this was about DW and GK. Oh well, once a buzzard always a buzzard.
Coco Chanel

King, NC

#7 Feb 15, 2010
Consado wrote:
ooopps sorry, wrong thread.. thought this was about DW and GK. Oh well, once a buzzard always a buzzard.
Hilarious!!!!!!!
Gail

Charlotte, NC

#8 Feb 15, 2010
Coco Chanel wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious!!!!!!!
I agree Hilarious!!!!! I Love Me. Thank you(Coward)
whats ur story

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2010
I'm telling ya, interesting, those damn geese in Indian Trail are a pain in the a**. I had to stop the other day for almost 20 min. Wanted to get out and help them across the dang road! Was scared they would attack me, I've seen them get mad before, they get a little I-rate and they don't give up! Send the buzzards to IT and we will send ya a few mad a** geese!
Monroe Dude

Charlotte, NC

#10 Feb 15, 2010
The Buzzard are there to pick up the dead meat lying everywhere on the Marshville streets cause no one wants to take out the trash! Go Gail!
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#11 Feb 15, 2010
whats ur story wrote:
I'm telling ya, interesting, those damn geese in Indian Trail are a pain in the a**. I had to stop the other day for almost 20 min. Wanted to get out and help them across the dang road! Was scared they would attack me, I've seen them get mad before, they get a little I-rate and they don't give up! Send the buzzards to IT and we will send ya a few mad a** geese!
They'll chase your car if they have babies (goslings, gooslings, craplings)! I've lived there about 11 years now and I'd hate to count up the hours I've sat and waited for them to lollygag across the street.
I think they have tiny little signs (written in 'goose', of course) that tells them to go crap on my walks. They are walking poop machines. I won't even go into the people that come and feed the damn little darlings.
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#12 Feb 15, 2010
Norma wrote:
<quoted text>
Buzzards defend themselves by chasing you and throwing up on you, so my advice is to leave the buzzards (and geese) alone. Geese will chase you and peck you.
In my lifetime I've been chased, thrown up on and pecked (does henpecked count?). Let's make a deal.
Consado

Charlotte, NC

#13 Feb 15, 2010
Deal, if you throw in leaf raker, we liked his tight jeans, and take these other two buzzards also, GK and DW.
Gail

Charlotte, NC

#14 Feb 15, 2010
Consado wrote:
Deal, if you throw in leaf raker, we liked his tight jeans, and take these other two buzzards also, GK and DW.
Please see your doctor and get on your medication.
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#15 Feb 16, 2010
I tried to start an innocent topic about buzzards and others took it and made it a personal attack on members of the community. For that I apologize.

I saw more buzzards today and someone told me they were hanging around the Autumn Care area. What is with these creatures in Marshville?
DBMILLER

Charlotte, NC

#16 Feb 16, 2010
Norma wrote:
I tried to start an innocent topic about buzzards and others took it and made it a personal attack on members of the community. For that I apologize.
I saw more buzzards today and someone told me they were hanging around the Autumn Care area. What is with these creatures in Marshville?
The Hypocrites! There abundant in Marshville!
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#17 Feb 20, 2010
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! They are out there! They were roosting on that cell phone tower behind the old Alltel building, millions of them!!! They were coming for me! I was outside, talking to my neighbor, enjoying this gorgeous afternoon, and there they were! Then they swooped and flew south down Landsford Road.
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#18 Feb 20, 2010
LOL!!!

..."millions of them!!! They were coming for me!"

They eat dead stuff. You haven't up and passed on without our knowledge, have you?? If so, please let us know and we'll create a thread in your honor...or bashing you...whichever.
:D
Norma

Charlotte, NC

#19 Feb 21, 2010
LOL Well I did not want to make too much of a comment that someone told me they hang around the Autumn Care area either!

They did not stay long, I guess they saw I was alive and well and bopping around in my yard and my neighbor's garden, so they headed south down Landsford Road.

I am sure it would make SOME people very happy to see my obit in The Home News! I promise I will let you know if I pass.

Have a great day and enjoy this wonderful weather.
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#20 Feb 21, 2010
LOL!
Thanks...you too.
Don't let the buzzards bite!
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heritage (Dec '13) 12 hr felonyh 9
Lee Mon Hub Justice 10
4th of July Mon Hub Justice 3
David Traywick (Sep '12) Sun Randyfan 61
618 Archie Lane Monroe NC Jun 25 Randy Thomas 14
Aaron Plyler grandson in jail (Feb '12) Jun 25 Annir 12
Kevin Helms Jun 23 luvnut 3
More from around the web

Marshville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE