Webster County Sheriff's Office inves...

Webster County Sheriff's Office investigating suspected gang rape of a teenager

There are 16 comments on the KSPR story from Jun 4, 2013, titled Webster County Sheriff's Office investigating suspected gang rape of a teenager. In it, KSPR reports that:

Police in Webster County are investigating a report of a gang rape of a teenager.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSPR.

onespeaksoutothe rsfollow

United States

#1 Jun 5, 2013
COME ON PEOPLE TAKE A STAND! Support, encourage and help the victims of bullying and sexual abuse stand..if we don't take a stand and/or help the victim stand, we will stand before God someday and if there was anything in our God given power that we could have done and didn't, we will be held accountable, Please pray for the victims and also the offenders. What would you do if it happened to be your child that was bullied or sexually assaulted? Would you silence them or would you help them come forward no matter how hard it is, or what people think of you. We need to teach ourselves to speak out to not only help your child, BUT help another child that might have been the offenders next victim? WE ARE NOT ANIMALS! WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!
God Fearing

Fort Madison, IA

#2 Jun 12, 2013
I do not know anything about this but I agree 100%.

The problem with people in this day and time is no one has a back bone to stand up and take charge. Everyone wants to avoid confrontation or they do not want to put any effort out to do anything or hurt anyone's feelings. That is what is wrong with this country. Everyone wants to depend on some one else to take care of everything for them.
vet

Springfield, MO

#3 Jun 12, 2013
At what point do citizens act on there own when local police do nothing???

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
The problem with people in this day and time is no one has a back bone to stand up and take charge. Everyone wants to avoid confrontation or they do not want to put any effort out to do anything or hurt anyone's feelings. That is what is wrong with this country. Everyone wants to depend on some one else to take care of everything for them.
I have learned the hard way, my child was molested by a woman we used to go to church with, when trying to warn the church they threw crumbled up papers at me. But they could not stop me because I spoke the truth and they knew it. I will not stop the fight, till somebody starts doing something about it. They need to stop slapping hands and get serious with this growing problem, instead of bringing more shame and sadness to the victims and their families they need to take a stand for the children and families in their communities and decide they are not going to allow sexual predators to get away with their sick acts and actually put them away. The woman that molested our son got 7yrs, 5yrs and 5 yrs (3 Felony counts, 2 counties) Of that she served 120 days and is on probation. She moved 5 miles from us. A very selffish individual that tore our family apart right along with dragging her family along.

United States

#5 Jun 13, 2013
Why are they not allowing the public to be aware of what is going on, is truely sad. What is happening with the creeps that raped this teenage girl? Are our children safe, do they have them behind bars or have they let them go? Who are they covering up for? Please help take a stand!

Cleburne, TX

#6 Jun 13, 2013
God Fearing wrote:
The story was on KSPR news June 4th.

Cleburne, TX

#7 Jun 13, 2013
vet wrote:
At what point do citizens act on there own when local police do nothing???
There is a ol' statement "SOMEBODY needs to do something!" Well you are somebody, I am somebody and that's a start! 1 is better then none and 2 are better then 1. This is a giant problem, in the bible Golliath was a big problem, but who was David, he was a boy. When everyone else feared, God used somebody, wasn't a strong man, wasn't an army, he used sombody that was willing, he used a boy! 1 boy!

United States

#8 Jun 13, 2013
I contacted the person that wrote the story. Hope the follow up with it. We need to feel our children and families are safe in our communities.
Hukt Awn Fawnix

United States

#9 Jun 17, 2013
onespeaksoutothersfollow wrote:
I contacted the person that wrote the story. Hope the follow up with it. We need to feel our children and families are safe in our communities.
Our children are NOT safe in our communities any longer. They haven't been in decades. I remember riding bikes with my brother for miles from the house without fear that I was going to get snatched up by a child molester or some psycho driving a van. If there was a van in the neighborhood looking for a puppy and asking us kids if we saw it there were 20 different parents out on their porches watching that blue van and watching over children that didn't even belong to them just to be sure we were all safe.

These days? You could drive half naked down the block passing out twizzlers dipped in acid and not see one single parent until it came time to sue the ambulance driver for not going fast enough or a doctor for not trying to revive the child long enough. Anything to avoid responsibility and owning that they, themselves, are responsible for their children's lives AND their children's deaths.

The old phrase "it takes a community to raise a child" still holds truth. The only thing is that the phrase was born before Xbox and Ipads. It was born before the community allowed the pedophile next door to breathe in and out and it was born before parents became too busy with a blue tooth glued to their ear and a gizmo in their hands scheduling every second of their lives except for time with their kids, their families, their neighbors and their community!!!

When was the last time you attended a neighborhood block party where kids knew at least six other parents on the street? When did you last know every single neighbor on your block? What about the ones just across the street? If a strange car was in your neighbors driveway three doors down in the middle of the night; would you even recognize that it didn't belong there because they were on vacation that week??

Of course our kids aren't safe in our communities. We don't even have communities anymore.

Cleburne, TX

#10 Jun 17, 2013
Hukt Awn Fawnix wrote:
<quoted text>
Our children are NOT safe in our communities any longer. They haven't been in decades. I remember riding bikes with my brother for miles from the house without fear that I was going to get snatched up by a child molester or some psycho driving a van. If there was a van in the neighborhood looking for a puppy and asking us kids if we saw it there were 20 different parents out on their porches watching that blue van and watching over children that didn't even belong to them just to be sure we were all safe.
These days? You could drive half naked down the block passing out twizzlers dipped in acid and not see one single parent until it came time to sue the ambulance driver for not going fast enough or a doctor for not trying to revive the child long enough. Anything to avoid responsibility and owning that they, themselves, are responsible for their children's lives AND their children's deaths.
The old phrase "it takes a community to raise a child" still holds truth. The only thing is that the phrase was born before Xbox and Ipads. It was born before the community allowed the pedophile next door to breathe in and out and it was born before parents became too busy with a blue tooth glued to their ear and a gizmo in their hands scheduling every second of their lives except for time with their kids, their families, their neighbors and their community!!!
When was the last time you attended a neighborhood block party where kids knew at least six other parents on the street? When did you last know every single neighbor on your block? What about the ones just across the street? If a strange car was in your neighbors driveway three doors down in the middle of the night; would you even recognize that it didn't belong there because they were on vacation that week??
Of course our kids aren't safe in our communities. We don't even have communities anymore.
Man do I remember those days also! Now a days people fear meeting their neighbors. We know our neighbors, but knowing someone anymore, sad but true do you really know them? A well trusted friend of our offered 3 openings for camp to 3 of our children. Close to having a panic attack. The woman that molested our son took trust right away from us. I cry, because I should have went by my own gut feeling, but I let this woman into our home, when I thought I shouldn't. She was in our home trice. So many at the church told me, I had nothing to worry about. Even the Pastor. All with good reports,......and besides what could a 100 lb woman in a wheel chair do to our family....Well let me tell you she almost destroyed our family. I miss those days of going door to door and talk to people (shoot the breeze, as they'd say) She stole our trust. God has been mending us and it's getting better, but doesn't mean it's over, But sometimes it's hard knowing what to do.
Hukt Awn Fawnix

United States

#11 Jun 18, 2013
I even remember that me and my brother were close to two miles from the house and we stopped so he could pee in some bushes. The lady's house we stopped close to called her friend who called her friend who ended up going I KNOW THOSE BOYS and called our mom and told her what he did.

He got busted when we got home for doing it. I got busted for letting him do it.

Ahhhh the good old days of parenting. When it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

I was raised with this saying:
If you suspect - THEN CHECK.
If you wait - you participate.

Cleburne, TX

#12 Jun 19, 2013
Hukt Awn Fawnix wrote:
I even remember that me and my brother were close to two miles from the house and we stopped so he could pee in some bushes. The lady's house we stopped close to called her friend who called her friend who ended up going I KNOW THOSE BOYS and called our mom and told her what he did.
He got busted when we got home for doing it. I got busted for letting him do it.
Ahhhh the good old days of parenting. When it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
I was raised with this saying:
If you suspect - THEN CHECK.
If you wait - you participate.
The saying you were raised with is simple..........but carries much wisdom. My dad always told us we needed to remember.........we were never any less then anyone, but we weren't anymore either. Do much is missed.

United States

#13 Jun 28, 2013
Still haven't heard anything! Is this another cover up. Webster County told the journalist, they'd have more Wednesday, which was June 5h, going on July. Were arrests made, did they let them go because of who they are, what's the answer????
riggermeyr

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2013
yes it s a crazy world you need backbone why r these sick people do this its obvious they were abused don't back down get the answers I would stand up slap devil in face if I knew it would change the world

United States

#15 Jul 2, 2013
Just wanted to give you a head's up: four people were charged last night in this case. KSPR News will have more on the charges and the case today at 4 and 6.
Another tear drop falls

United States

#16 Jul 2, 2013
WAKE UP PEOPLE OF CONWAY AND SURROUNDING AREAS! We know these kids! It's breaking my heart to think our community knows these kids! How can this and does this happen? Has anyone covered up for them, when they could have gotten help , before it came to this? WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO TAKE A STAND AND SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Why do you choose to overlook and/or ignore so much of this that is happening in our own communities? It's awful hearing of the adults that are getting slaps on the hands and set free for acting like animals, but also this is infiltering into the young people bringing harm to others. I've said it more then once, we need to put a stop to this. Slapping of hands is not an option, These people need prayers, just as much as any of us. BUT they also need HELP! Slapping their hands and letting them go is NOT WORKING! Not to long ago Willard mourned the death of 15 year old Khlaya Parks, Iberia is mourning the death of Macala, a 13 year old, neither of these deaths should of had to happen, Families shouldn't have to mourn the loss of their children taken in this way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deanne Treese is a THIEF! 20 hr Deannes neighbor 2
James Lester Andrews (May '08) Fri allan cameron 5
Review: Chet & Bill's Meat Processing (Nov '15) Sep 20 froehlich66 3
Webster County Sheriffs Departments a JOKE! (May '11) Sep 19 wake up voters 71
mike williams is a child pervert Sep 19 DontWorryAboutIt 26
Fordland Sep 15 guest 1
missing family (Jul '13) Sep 3 Daughter 20

Marshfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance