Man from Seymour MO is charged with e...

Man from Seymour MO is charged with exposing police officer to HIV

There are 15 comments on the KYTV Springfield story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Man from Seymour MO is charged with exposing police officer to HIV. In it, KYTV Springfield reports that:

A Fordland police officer says a man from Seymour spat blood and saliva on him and exposed him to HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KYTV Springfield.

No tolerance

Ozark, MO

#1 Jun 12, 2010
I'd of shot him.
Trixy

Ozark, MO

#2 Jun 13, 2010
No tolerance wrote:
I'd of shot him.
I would have handed you a gun.
Just Me

Burlington, IA

#3 Jun 17, 2010
I like how you 2 think ;-)
what

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2010
Who was the officer
Tupac in NY

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2010
too bad, hazards of the job
lil informed

Olathe, KS

#6 Jan 24, 2013
Tupac in NY...you maybe right about it being a hazard of the job but so are a lot of things...people with diseases are around us everyday and we don't give it one thought. However, if one of those people do something stupid like trying to infect an innocent person (cop or not) with their disease...that is called assault my friend and here in Missouri that is illegal. Hopefully your family never has to face the consequences of someone elses actions and leave your loved one to pay the price!
hmm

Willow Springs, MO

#7 Jan 25, 2013
anyone know who it is? it's Seymour ya know.....this could spread like wild fire
just saying

United States

#8 Jan 25, 2013
Please share name this person does not care about others when did this happen
just saying

United States

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Still curious who this is with hiv
Curious Seymour Resident

Springfield, MO

#10 Jan 28, 2013
A man from Seymour is looking at 60 days of jail time for trying to infect an officer with HIV. Officials in Webster County say Michael Sartin was found guilty of assault. Sartin had spit blood on Josh Burris while being arrested on an outstanding warrant. Burris tested negative for the virus.
fyi

Ava, MO

#12 Jan 30, 2013
Toots

Dubuque, IA

#13 Feb 1, 2013
fyi wrote:
http://crimesceneinvestigation s.blogspot.com/2010/08/seymour -man-fined-1000-for-attempting .html
Cut his tongue out and he won't be able to spit on anyone!
just saying

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Curious Seymour Resident wrote:
A man from Seymour is looking at 60 days of jail time for trying to infect an officer with HIV. Officials in Webster County say Michael Sartin was found guilty of assault. Sartin had spit blood on Josh Burris while being arrested on an outstanding warrant. Burris tested negative for the virus.
Thanks for the info ... I herd there was one person in seymour school that had it to just curious as to who that is as well..
Troy

Ridgedale, MO

#15 Apr 12, 2014
How could he be " trying to infect the officer with HIV" if he tested negative. What a bunch of morons you all are! You all prosecuted this man before you got the facts. What a bunch of uneducated redneck hillbillies.
who is the stupid one

United States

#16 Apr 12, 2014
the OFFICER tested negative, not the person trying to infect him! It's a shame you aren't as smart as you think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar 23 Guest 939
Kidjacked (Dec '12) Mar 13 Waterlou 39
Webster County Sheriffs Departments a JOKE! (May '11) Mar 12 In the Loop 81
Potters Mansion (Mar '09) Mar 6 KSP 6
Darren Rose (Feb '10) Feb '17 SheaMcNabb 82
Good Cop - Bad Cop Feb '17 Devil 4
murder in the 80's (Aug '06) Jan '17 Dawna 146

Marshfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Marshfield Mortgages